Comic for Friday, April 1

  • fractal9091
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 1, 2011
      Spoiler space...
      More spoiler space...........
      Even more spoiler space.....................
      I hope this is enough?.................................................

      Anyway, it would be nice if Tarvek and Gil could find some common ground besides protecting Agatha. However, I suspect that Tarvek has just realized how horrible the Spark-infecting wasp is, and is about to reveal its existence - Gil may not react well to that.

      Jonathan
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 1, 2011
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "fractal9091" <fractal9091@...> wrote:
        > However, I suspect that Tarvek has just realized how horrible the Spark-infecting wasp is, and is about to reveal its existence - Gil may not react well to that.

        Tarvek doesn't know that Klaus is infected, does he? He might tell Gil that it exists, but the full implications won't hit home for a while yet. Of course it's only recently that Gil found out the regular wasps won't work on a spark, so he has to have at least considered what a spark revenant would be like.

        -Steve
      • brendawriter@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 1, 2011
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Paul Rewa, M.S." <rewastev@...> wrote:

          > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "fractal9091" <fractal9091@> wrote:
          > > However, I suspect that Tarvek has just realized how horrible the Spark-infecting wasp is, and is about to reveal its existence - Gil may not react well to that.
          > >

          > Tarvek doesn't know that Klaus is infected, does he? He might tell Gil that it exists, but the full implications won't hit home for a while yet. Of course it's only recently that Gil found out the regular wasps won't work on a spark, so he has to have at least considered what a spark revenant would be like.
          >
          > -Steve

          Does even Gil know that Klaus is infected?

          Brenda
        • Mary Lumsden
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 1, 2011
            On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 9:50 AM, <brendawriter@...> wrote:

            > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Paul Rewa, M.S." <rewastev@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "fractal9091" <fractal9091@> wrote:
            > > > However, I suspect that Tarvek has just realized how horrible the
            > Spark-infecting wasp is, and is about to reveal its existence - Gil may not
            > react well to that.
            > > >

            > > Tarvek doesn't know that Klaus is infected, does he? He might tell Gil
            > that it exists, but the full implications won't hit home for a while yet. Of
            > course it's only recently that Gil found out the regular wasps won't work on
            > a spark, so he has to have at least considered what a spark revenant would
            > be like.
            > >
            > > -Steve
            > >

            > Does even Gil know that Klaus is infected?
            >

            > Brenda

            Only Klaus and Agatha know that.
            No one else since that one Geister was killed..

            Dr. Ter'an Humor.

          • Donald Brown
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 1, 2011
              On Apr 1, 2011, at 8:59 AM, Mary Lumsden wrote:

              > > Does even Gil know that Klaus is infected?
              > >

              > > Brenda
              > >

              > Only Klaus and Agatha know that.
              > No one else since that one Geister was killed..

              Zola knows, and she told Princess Anevka (who is currently the home of the second copy of Lucrecia and has a voicebox tuned to sound like Lucrecia).

              Actually, I'm not even sure Agatha knows (the "real" mind of Agatha, as opposed to the Lucrecia trying to possess Agatha).

            • Mary Lumsden
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 1, 2011
                On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Donald Brown <gadgetdon@...> wrote:

                > On Apr 1, 2011, at 8:59 AM, Mary Lumsden wrote:
                >
                > > > Does even Gil know that Klaus is infected?
                > > >

                > > > Brenda
                > > >

                > > Only Klaus and Agatha know that.
                > > No one else since that one Geister was killed..
                >
                > Zola knows, and she told Princess Anevka (who is currently the home of the
                > second copy of Lucrecia and has a voicebox tuned to sound like Lucrecia).
                >
                > Actually, I'm not even sure Agatha knows (the "real" mind of Agatha, as
                > opposed to the Lucrecia trying to possess Agatha).

                Buts its been shown that Agatha has a certain amount of awareness when Luc
                is in control.
                Dunno only time will tell.

                - Dr. Ter'an Humor

              • Edward Rhodes
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 1, 2011
                  Only Klaus and Agatha know that.
                  No one else since that one Geister was killed..

                  Dr. Ter'an Humor.

                  ***
                  Technically, there's no indication that Agatha retains the memories of Lu-Ag's
                  experiences. So SHE may not actually know what happened.

                • lake_wrangler
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 1, 2011
                    > Buts its been shown that Agatha has a certain amount of awareness when Luc
                    > is in control.
                    > Dunno only time will tell.
                    >
                    > - Dr. Ter'an Humor

                    More than just that... She has proven to be able to reach into Lucrezia's mind and get info...

                    Fifth panel (bottom row, middle panel):
                    "She's learning things from me!"
                    "Reaching into my mind and pulling out my secrets!"
                    "She knew to look for this place!"
                    "She intuitively grasps the principles of my work!"

                    Claude Doucet, who never ceases to be amazed at the intricacies of the various plot developments of the story.
                  • McClure, Kate (BLV)
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 1, 2011
                      Zola knows, and she told Princess Anevka (who is currently the home of
                      the second copy of Lucrecia and has a voicebox tuned to sound like
                      Lucrecia).

                      I don't think Anevka got the LuPrime voice down, but she did get
                      Agatha's voice. It is similar enough to her Mother's for general
                      purposes, but to someone aware and fighting back, such as Vrin, things
                      might not go so smoothly.

                      Kate McClure
                      I'm too old to be a fangirl. Can I be a fanbroad? - M.E.

                    • Ariadne
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 1, 2011
                        ...and the light dawns.
                      • Ian Kelly
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 1, 2011
                          On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 5:51 AM, Steven Paul Rewa, M.S. <rewastev@...>wrote:

                          > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "fractal9091" <fractal9091@...> wrote:
                          > > However, I suspect that Tarvek has just realized how horrible the
                          > Spark-infecting wasp is, and is about to reveal its existence - Gil may not
                          > react well to that.
                          > >

                          > Tarvek doesn't know that Klaus is infected, does he?

                          I don't think he knows that the Spark wasp has already been deployed, but he
                          certainly knows that Klaus is the intended target.

                        • Joseph H
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 1, 2011
                            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, brendawriter@... wrote:

                            <snip>

                            > Does even Gil know that Klaus is infected?

                            There are only three people right now who know that Klaus is infected: Klaus himself, Agatha (and Lucrezia, who did the wasping), and Zola (who found out by the "mind meld").
                          • Donald Brown
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 4, 2011
                              On Apr 1, 2011, at 11:05 AM, McClure, Kate (BLV) wrote:

                              > I don't think Anevka got the LuPrime voice down, but she did get
                              > Agatha's voice. It is similar enough to her Mother's for general
                              > purposes, but to someone aware and fighting back, such as Vrin, things
                              > might not go so smoothly.

                              Yes, but that was when it was Anevka driving the bus. Since then, not only is Lucrecia in control, but she's also had the opportunity to do any upgrades.

                              (You know, as little appeal as being stuck in a robot body might be to normal people - to a spark, it might be highly desirable. The ability for unlimited upgrades and improvements without the risk of permanently damaging the body and taking the mind with it. Hmmmm.

                            • yumitori
                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 4, 2011
                                On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 7:01 PM, Donald Brown <gadgetdon@...> wrote:

                                > (You know, as little appeal as being stuck in a robot body might be to normal people - to a spark, it might be highly desirable. The ability for unlimited upgrades and improvements without the risk of permanently damaging the body and taking the mind with it.  Hmmmm.

                                Case in point, Dr. Irons from PS238 by Aaron Williams. (If you aren't
                                already familiar with it, I think the series is the sort that would
                                appeal to many Girl Genius fans.)

                                But things did not go quite as he planned, so there's the distinct
                                possibility that the Spark could end up regretting the decision too
                                late to fix it.

                                --
                                Ron/yumitori

                                Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe
                                so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom.