Re: [Girl Genius] OT: Sparky Coffee Maker

  • Elliott Olson
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31 10:00 PM
      Thursday, March 31, 2011, 11:24:27 AM, jlalt999 wrote:

      j> A bit off-topic:

      j> There's a nice, animated sparky coffee maker on Google's home page today.

      j> (Apparently, today is Robert Bunsen's 200th birthday.)

      Missed it. :P
      Is there an archive somewhere of those images?

      --
      Best regards,
      Elliott mailto:ejolson@...
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 31 10:15 PM
        On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:00 PM, Elliott Olson <ejolson@...> wrote:

        > j> There's a nice, animated sparky coffee maker on Google's home page today.
        >
        > j> (Apparently, today is Robert Bunsen's 200th birthday.)
        >
        > Missed it. :P
        > Is there an archive somewhere of those images?

        Here - http://www.google.com/logos/

        You'll need to give it a few days to show up. Click on the logo to go
        to the page with the animations.

        --
        Ron/yumitori

        Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe
        so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom.
      • brendawriter@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2011
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Elliott Olson <ejolson@...> wrote:

          > Thursday, March 31, 2011, 11:24:27 AM, jlalt999 wrote:
          >
          > j> A bit off-topic:
          >
          > j> There's a nice, animated sparky coffee maker on Google's home page today.
          >
          > j> (Apparently, today is Robert Bunsen's 200th birthday.)
          >
          > Missed it. :P
          > Is there an archive somewhere of those images?

          Slate Magazine has a slide show:

          http://www.slate.com/id/2289976/

          Brenda
        • Edward Rhodes
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1, 2011
            j> There's a nice, animated sparky coffee maker on Google's home page today.

            j> (Apparently, today is Robert Bunsen's 200th birthday.)

            Missed it. :P
            Is there an archive somewhere of those images?

            Do a google search for "bunsen burner logo google" and you'll find lots of
            links. I don't know if any of them are animated (and apparently it was
            inter-active as well)

            http://searchengineland.com/googles-bunsen-burner-logo-robert-bunsen-birthday-70904

          • Jenni
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1, 2011
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Elliott Olson <ejolson@...> wrote:

              > Thursday, March 31, 2011, 11:24:27 AM, jlalt999 wrote:
              > j> There's a nice, animated sparky coffee maker on Google's home page today.
              >
              > j> (Apparently, today is Robert Bunsen's 200th birthday.)
              >
              > Missed it. :P
              > Is there an archive somewhere of those images?

              Yep: http://www.google.ca/logos/
            • Edward Rhodes
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 2, 2011
                > j> (Apparently, today is Robert Bunsen's 200th birthday.)
                >
                > Missed it. :P
                > Is there an archive somewhere of those images?

                Yep: http://www.google.ca/logos/

                ***
                Sadly, you still don't get the animation or the interactivity (which I didn't
                know about until searching for the image after the fact.)

              • yumitori
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 4, 2011
                  On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 2:56 AM, Edward Rhodes <ejay1118@...> wrote:

                  >> j> (Apparently, today is Robert Bunsen's 200th birthday.)
                  >>
                  >> Missed it. :P
                  >> Is there an archive somewhere of those images?
                  >
                  > Yep: http://www.google.ca/logos/
                  >
                  > ***
                  > Sadly, you still don't get the animation or the interactivity (which I didn't
                  > know about until searching for the image after the fact.)

                  Not true. Go to the above link, then click on the appropriate image. A
                  new, animated version will load, allowing you to play with the logo to
                  your heart's content.

                  (If you can't figure out how to 'operate' the logo search Google, or
                  just e-mail me. I won't explain here to avoid spoiling it for folks.)

                  Enjoy!

                  --
                  Ron/yumitori

                  Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe
                  so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom.
                • Kaesa Aurelia
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 4, 2011
                    > j> (Apparently, today is Robert Bunsen's 200th birthday.)
                    >
                    > Missed it. :P
                    > Is there an archive somewhere of those images?

                    I missed it too, but it can be found here in all its glory:

                    http://www.google.ca/logos/bunsen.html

                    If you want to experiment with the interactivity without being spoiled
                    (which I sometimes prefer), I've hopefully left enough space. Go wild!

                    Move your mouse right or left to increase/decrease the oxygen supply to the
                    flame. Move your mouse up and down to increase/decrease the gas supply to
                    the flame. The liquids in the glassware react accordingly. And of course
                    if you click on it, it brings you to the Google results page for "Robert
                    Bunsen."

                    (If there's any other interactivity I missed it.)