OT: Sparky Coffee Maker

  • jlalt999
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31, 2011
      A bit off-topic:

      There's a nice, animated sparky coffee maker on Google's home page today.

      (Apparently, today is Robert Bunsen's 200th birthday.)

      -- Joe
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 31, 2011
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jlalt999" <jlalt999@...> wrote:

        > A bit off-topic:
        >
        > There's a nice, animated sparky coffee maker on Google's home page today.
        >
        > (Apparently, today is Robert Bunsen's 200th birthday.)
        >
        > -- Joe

        Glad to see I wasn't the only one who's first thought was that.
      • Elliott Olson
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 31, 2011
          Thursday, March 31, 2011, 11:24:27 AM, jlalt999 wrote:

          j> A bit off-topic:

          j> There's a nice, animated sparky coffee maker on Google's home page today.

          j> (Apparently, today is Robert Bunsen's 200th birthday.)

          Missed it. :P
          Is there an archive somewhere of those images?

          --
          Best regards,
          Elliott mailto:ejolson@...
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 31, 2011
            On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:00 PM, Elliott Olson <ejolson@...> wrote:

            > j> There's a nice, animated sparky coffee maker on Google's home page today.
            >
            > j> (Apparently, today is Robert Bunsen's 200th birthday.)
            >
            > Missed it. :P
            > Is there an archive somewhere of those images?

            Here - http://www.google.com/logos/

            You'll need to give it a few days to show up. Click on the logo to go
            to the page with the animations.

            --
            Ron/yumitori

            Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe
            so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom.
          • brendawriter@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1 6:54 AM
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Elliott Olson <ejolson@...> wrote:

              > Thursday, March 31, 2011, 11:24:27 AM, jlalt999 wrote:
              >
              > j> A bit off-topic:
              >
              > j> There's a nice, animated sparky coffee maker on Google's home page today.
              >
              > j> (Apparently, today is Robert Bunsen's 200th birthday.)
              >
              > Missed it. :P
              > Is there an archive somewhere of those images?

              Slate Magazine has a slide show:

              http://www.slate.com/id/2289976/

              Brenda
            • Edward Rhodes
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 1 7:32 AM
                j> There's a nice, animated sparky coffee maker on Google's home page today.

                j> (Apparently, today is Robert Bunsen's 200th birthday.)

                Missed it. :P
                Is there an archive somewhere of those images?

                Do a google search for "bunsen burner logo google" and you'll find lots of
                links. I don't know if any of them are animated (and apparently it was
                inter-active as well)

                http://searchengineland.com/googles-bunsen-burner-logo-robert-bunsen-birthday-70904

              • Jenni
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 1 11:56 PM
                  --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Elliott Olson <ejolson@...> wrote:

                  > Thursday, March 31, 2011, 11:24:27 AM, jlalt999 wrote:
                  > j> There's a nice, animated sparky coffee maker on Google's home page today.
                  >
                  > j> (Apparently, today is Robert Bunsen's 200th birthday.)
                  >
                  > Missed it. :P
                  > Is there an archive somewhere of those images?

                  Yep: http://www.google.ca/logos/
                • Edward Rhodes
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 2 1:56 AM
                    > j> (Apparently, today is Robert Bunsen's 200th birthday.)
                    >
                    > Missed it. :P
                    > Is there an archive somewhere of those images?

                    Yep: http://www.google.ca/logos/

                    ***
                    Sadly, you still don't get the animation or the interactivity (which I didn't
                    know about until searching for the image after the fact.)

                  • yumitori
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 4 8:00 PM
                      On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 2:56 AM, Edward Rhodes <ejay1118@...> wrote:

                      >> j> (Apparently, today is Robert Bunsen's 200th birthday.)
                      >>
                      >> Missed it. :P
                      >> Is there an archive somewhere of those images?
                      >
                      > Yep: http://www.google.ca/logos/
                      >
                      > ***
                      > Sadly, you still don't get the animation or the interactivity (which I didn't
                      > know about until searching for the image after the fact.)

                      Not true. Go to the above link, then click on the appropriate image. A
                      new, animated version will load, allowing you to play with the logo to
                      your heart's content.

                      (If you can't figure out how to 'operate' the logo search Google, or
                      just e-mail me. I won't explain here to avoid spoiling it for folks.)

                      Enjoy!

                      --
                      Ron/yumitori

                      Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe
                      so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom.
                    • Kaesa Aurelia
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 4 8:20 PM
                        > j> (Apparently, today is Robert Bunsen's 200th birthday.)
                        >
                        > Missed it. :P
                        > Is there an archive somewhere of those images?

                        I missed it too, but it can be found here in all its glory:

                        http://www.google.ca/logos/bunsen.html

                        If you want to experiment with the interactivity without being spoiled
                        (which I sometimes prefer), I've hopefully left enough space. Go wild!

                        Move your mouse right or left to increase/decrease the oxygen supply to the
                        flame. Move your mouse up and down to increase/decrease the gas supply to
                        the flame. The liquids in the glassware react accordingly. And of course
                        if you click on it, it brings you to the Google results page for "Robert
                        Bunsen."

                        (If there's any other interactivity I missed it.)