Re: [Girl Genius] How to tell a bit character

  • mrobinson52
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2011
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, wtarrasque@... wrote:

      > On 2/28/2011 10:03 AM, David Goldfarb wrote:
      > >
      > > On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 8:53 AM, <wtarrasque@...
      > > <mailto:wtarrasque%40gmail.com>> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Not a great spoiler, but the "introduction" of the character Doctor
      > > > Wrothfuss made me laugh. His name is Doctor Rothfuss, a fussy doctor
      > > > all in a wroth. This makes me think he is unlikely to be seen again.
      > >
      > > It's not clear to me from this that you know he is a real-world cameo:
      > > Patrick Rothfuss, author of _The Name of the Wind_ and _The Wise
      > > Man's Fear_. There's a good picture of him here:
      > > http://archive.sci-fi-london.com/news/article/1243286468/6/patrick-rothfuss-interview
      > > so you can see that Phil has even drawn him the way he really looks.
      > >

      > I have no idea it was a real world cameo. How embarrassing!
      >
      > Sorry for making humor at your name without knowing you first, Mr.
      > Rothfuss.
      >
      > ~ WT

      Even better than that, Rothfuss is a Firefly fan! http://www.boingboing.net/2011/02/25/rothfuss-pledges-to.html

      What a cool guy! It is great of Phil to do a shoutout to Rothfuss.
    • Joy Beeson
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2011
        On 2/28/11 1:06 PM, wtarrasque@... wrote:

        > Sorry for making humor at your name without knowing you
        > first, Mr. Rothfuss.

        Eh, I use "laetitia_apisfil" as a screen name on Live
        Journal even though I can't spell it. And if we want to
        poke some fun, I'll tell you my maiden name.

        There was a short-lived character in Der Kessel who depicted
        a real live person (who lasted longer than his portrait did,
        I hope.) Professor Diaz, was it? And of course Phil and
        Dixie themselves stroll by every now and again. What other
        cameos have we seen?

        --
        Joy Beeson
        http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2011
          At 10:11 -0500 2011-03-01, Joy Beeson wrote:
          >What other
          >cameos have we seen?

          Would Aaronev (the boss of Artacz and Nod) count?

          Daniel W. Johnson
          panoptes@...
          http://members.iquest.net/~panoptes/
          039 53 36 N / 086 11 55 W
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 2, 2011
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Joy Beeson <joybeeson@...> wrote:
            > And of course Phil and
            > Dixie themselves stroll by every now and again.

            When have we seen Dixie?