Re: How to tell a bit character

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 28 3:53 PM
      And, of course, Doc Rat is a cartoon character drawn by Dr. Jenner in Australia. Note the "Oz" logo on his cup.

      http://www.docrat.com.au/

      Another of my favorite strips.
    • mrobinson52
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2011
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, wtarrasque@... wrote:

        > On 2/28/2011 10:03 AM, David Goldfarb wrote:
        > >
        > > On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 8:53 AM, <wtarrasque@...
        > > <mailto:wtarrasque%40gmail.com>> wrote:
        > >
        > > > Not a great spoiler, but the "introduction" of the character Doctor
        > > > Wrothfuss made me laugh. His name is Doctor Rothfuss, a fussy doctor
        > > > all in a wroth. This makes me think he is unlikely to be seen again.
        > >
        > > It's not clear to me from this that you know he is a real-world cameo:
        > > Patrick Rothfuss, author of _The Name of the Wind_ and _The Wise
        > > Man's Fear_. There's a good picture of him here:
        > > http://archive.sci-fi-london.com/news/article/1243286468/6/patrick-rothfuss-interview
        > > so you can see that Phil has even drawn him the way he really looks.
        > >

        > I have no idea it was a real world cameo. How embarrassing!
        >
        > Sorry for making humor at your name without knowing you first, Mr.
        > Rothfuss.
        >
        > ~ WT

        Even better than that, Rothfuss is a Firefly fan! http://www.boingboing.net/2011/02/25/rothfuss-pledges-to.html

        What a cool guy! It is great of Phil to do a shoutout to Rothfuss.
      • Joy Beeson
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2011
          On 2/28/11 1:06 PM, wtarrasque@... wrote:

          > Sorry for making humor at your name without knowing you
          > first, Mr. Rothfuss.

          Eh, I use "laetitia_apisfil" as a screen name on Live
          Journal even though I can't spell it. And if we want to
          poke some fun, I'll tell you my maiden name.

          There was a short-lived character in Der Kessel who depicted
          a real live person (who lasted longer than his portrait did,
          I hope.) Professor Diaz, was it? And of course Phil and
          Dixie themselves stroll by every now and again. What other
          cameos have we seen?

          --
          Joy Beeson
          http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 1, 2011
            At 10:11 -0500 2011-03-01, Joy Beeson wrote:
            >What other
            >cameos have we seen?

            Would Aaronev (the boss of Artacz and Nod) count?

            Daniel W. Johnson
            panoptes@...
            http://members.iquest.net/~panoptes/
            039 53 36 N / 086 11 55 W
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 2, 2011
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Joy Beeson <joybeeson@...> wrote:
              > And of course Phil and
              > Dixie themselves stroll by every now and again.

              When have we seen Dixie?