Step Up (Spoilers)

  • Joseph H
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2011
      --- SPOILER SPACE ---

      Hello and welcome to the Girl Genius spoiler space version 1.15 (refer to change log for more details) which has been specially commissioned by a clank restoration company located in downtown Beetleburg (or what's left of it, anyways) in order to help retain at least some modicum sanity around here.

      If you haven't read today's comic then what are you thinking of - don't read the spoilers below, go and read the comic now!

      I'll wait, somewhat patiently, here as a collective of inanimate yet intelligent electrons.
      *tap* *tap* *tap*

      Are you back?

      > Good

      Have you read and digested today's comic?

      --- *munch* *chew* *munch* *nibble*
      --- *gulp* wipies face
      --- *Grin* that was fun

      Good. Now on with the comments...

      --- END SPOILER SPACE ---

      "Twisted and Ruthless as you people are, throwing in with you is a step up." - Quotation of the YEAR.

      (Stands up and applauds Team Foglio)
    • brendawriter@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2011
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph H" <jwhouk@...> wrote:

        > --- SPOILER SPACE ---
        >
        > Hello and welcome to the Girl Genius spoiler space version 1.15 (refer to change log for more details) which has been specially commissioned by a clank restoration company located in downtown Beetleburg (or what's left of it, anyways) in order to help retain at least some modicum sanity around here.
        >
        > If you haven't read today's comic then what are you thinking of - don't read the spoilers below, go and read the comic now!
        >
        > I'll wait, somewhat patiently, here as a collective of inanimate yet intelligent electrons.
        > *tap* *tap* *tap*
        >
        > Are you back?
        >
        > > Good
        >
        > Have you read and digested today's comic?
        >
        > --- *munch* *chew* *munch* *nibble*
        > --- *gulp* wipies face
        > --- *Grin* that was fun
        >
        > Good. Now on with the comments...
        >
        > --- END SPOILER SPACE ---
        >
        > "Twisted and Ruthless as you people are, throwing in with you is a step up." - Quotation of the YEAR.

        Or, to rephrase it, it's better to work for the Wulfenbachs than it is for Aaronev. This does not augur well for Tarvek, even if he happens to turn out a better commander of the Knights of Jove than his dad. If all the old staffers run screaming out of the office he's not going to have any Indians to be chief over.
        Although -- Tarvek has inherited the Principality of Stormhaven. But is that tied to the Knights of Jove, or are the Knights a separate thing that Aaronev just happened to have? In other words, does Tarvek now run the Knights? Lucrezia had access to them through Aaronev. Maybe if Tarvek is now in charge he can change their agenda. If he does not, then who does? <tap tap> Foglios, pick up the white courtesy phone...

        Brenda
      • lisa.palmer21@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2011
          I loved the quote also. Twisted and ruthless...I think that was a compliment.

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Feb 4, 2011, at 5:16 AM, "Joseph H" <jwhouk@...> wrote:

          > --- SPOILER SPACE ---
          >
          > Hello and welcome to the Girl Genius spoiler space version 1.15 (refer to change log for more details) which has been specially commissioned by a clank restoration company located in downtown Beetleburg (or what's left of it, anyways) in order to help retain at least some modicum sanity around here.
          >
          > If you haven't read today's comic then what are you thinking of - don't read the spoilers below, go and read the comic now!
          >
          > I'll wait, somewhat patiently, here as a collective of inanimate yet intelligent electrons.
          > *tap* *tap* *tap*
          >
          > Are you back?
          >
          > > Good
          >
          > Have you read and digested today's comic?
          >
          > --- *munch* *chew* *munch* *nibble*
          > --- *gulp* wipies face
          > --- *Grin* that was fun
          >
          > Good. Now on with the comments...
          >
          > --- END SPOILER SPACE ---
          >
          > "Twisted and Ruthless as you people are, throwing in with you is a step up." - Quotation of the YEAR.
          >
          > (Stands up and applauds Team Foglio)

        • Prof. Zarchne (of Zarkhnistan)
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2011
            On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 02:40:46PM -0000, brendawriter@... wrote:
            > Although -- Tarvek has inherited the Principality of
            > Stormhaven. But is that tied to the Knights of Jove, or
            > are the Knights a separate thing that Aaronev just
            > happened to have?

            Sort of neither, I think. The Knights of Jove were the
            Storm King's honor guard. Tarvek claims descent from the
            Storm King on his mother's side. If Sturmhalten were the
            ancestral home of the Storm King and the Knights of Jove,
            then it wouldn't make sense that Tarvek's descent would be a
            secret. So Aaronev seems to have married into the Knights
            of Jove.

            As an aside, I believe that the Smoke Knights *were/are*
            related to the Sturmvoraus side of the family. They all
            have red hair (who have hair).

            > In other words, does Tarvek now run the Knights?

            In the first place, the Knights of Jove were those guys in
            the war stompers who were taken out by (or surrendered to)
            Gil and his zappy stick. (Except for that one guy into
            whose forehead Dimo put a knife.)

            But even if the K of J were still around, if they found out
            Tarvek spent some time dead (even for medical reasons, it
            seems), they would no longer consider him in line for the
            throne, and not follow him.

            > Lucrezia had access to them through Aaronev.

            That was what Vrin, I believe, said, but Zola implied that
            the Mongfish family took control of the K of J (which had
            degenerated into just a bunch of drinking buddies) and
            engineered Tarvek's birth. Aaronev was thus more of a pawn
            (and Klaus called him Lucrezia's "slave").

            > Maybe if Tarvek is now in charge he can change their
            > agenda. If he does not, then who does?

            Well, again, AFAICT Gil changed their agenda to the
            Wulfenbach standard POW one: fight for Wulfenbach or take
            two months' pay and go home.

            Otherwise, given that they did not seem to be working with
            Lucrezia in her clank aspect... and the pink airship was
            captured by Castle Wulfenbach... and Strinbeck probably
            didn't survive the fall... I guess Zola, once she recovers.