Vote Early... Vote Often (Valid in Florida only)

  • John Reiher
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 2, 2004
      All joking aside, if you are a registered American voter, make sure you
      exercise your right to to vote today! Vote for person you think can do
      the job best for you and your family.

      --
      ------------------------
      Kedamono@...
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 2, 2004
        I'm soooo glad this is over. I'm getting tired of either A: being pushed
        to vote or B: pushed to vote Republican (I live in Waco, about 30 miles
        from Bush's ranch).

        John Reiher wrote:

        > All joking aside, if you are a registered American voter, make sure you
        > exercise your right to to vote today! Vote for person you think can do
        > the job best for you and your family.
        >
        > --
        > ------------------------
        > Kedamono@...
        > http://www.ahtg.net
        > ------------------------
        > "Another one of them new worlds.
        > No beer, no women, no pool parlors - nothin'.
        > Nothing to do but throw rocks at tin cans and we got to bring our own
        > tin cans."
        > ---- Ship's Cook, United Planets Cruiser C-57D
        > Forbidden Planet
        >

        > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
        > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129virlfp/M=281955.5530326.6602771.3001176/D=groups/S=1705018540:HM/EXP=1099496129/A=2343726/R=0/SIG=12ilu49pp/*http://clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1099409729512218>
        >

        > Get unlimited calls to
        >
        > U.S./Canada
        >
        > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129virlfp/M=281955.5530326.6602771.3001176/D=groups/S=1705018540:HM/EXP=1099496129/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12ilu49pp/*http://clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1099409729512218>

      • Debbie
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 2, 2004
          >I'm soooo glad this is over. I'm getting tired of either A: being pushed
          >to vote or B: pushed to vote Republican (I live in Waco, about 30 miles
          >from Bush's ranch).

          We live in Tupelo, home of Bush's right-wing buddies the AFA, so we've got
          a "Castle Wolfenbach" airship-load of B as well. SIL was planning to be at
          the poll at dawn so that when they tried to pressure her at work with B she
          could tell them she'd already voted.

          Debbie
          http://www.brigidsforge.com
          Original sterling Gothic and Pagan jewelry

          "He hasn't been the same since his spirit guide discovered object-oriented
          programming."

        • gaertk
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 2, 2004
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Daniel <drake01@h...> wrote:
            > I'm soooo glad this is over. I'm getting tired of either A: being
            > pushed to vote or B: pushed to vote Republican (I live in Waco,
            > about 30 miles from Bush's ranch).

            I hear you. I managed to avoid voting for any Republicans, though
            that means I had to leave 22 out of 30 races blank. And nearly half
            of those I didn't have any choice, due to an amendment (that I voted
            against last election) that automatically elects unopposed incumbents.

            At least Frost and Sessions will finally shut up now.

            I think it's a sign I'm living in the wrong area when EVERY campaign
            ad makes me want to vote for the other guy. Some of those strawmen
            would make great politicians...

            --KG
          • Pete Hartman
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 2, 2004
              I seem to recall a little bit of a flamewar a while back, when some
              comments were made about Scientology without taking into account that
              some of this group are scientologists.

              One might take some of the lessons from that experience and apply them
              to "Republicans" (or Democrats as your case may be).

              No, I'm not a Republican, but I have a number of friends who are, and
              the tone of this discussion seems poised to go down the rathole into
              bashing those we don't agree with. I think we'd all be a lot happier
              NOT digging into that can of worms.

              On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:45:48 -0000, gaertk <gaertk@...> wrote:

              > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Daniel <drake01@h...> wrote:
              > > I'm soooo glad this is over. I'm getting tired of either A: being
              > > pushed to vote or B: pushed to vote Republican (I live in Waco,
              > > about 30 miles from Bush's ranch).
              >
              > I hear you. I managed to avoid voting for any Republicans, though
              > that means I had to leave 22 out of 30 races blank. And nearly half
              > of those I didn't have any choice, due to an amendment (that I voted
              > against last election) that automatically elects unopposed incumbents.
              >
              > At least Frost and Sessions will finally shut up now.
              >
              > I think it's a sign I'm living in the wrong area when EVERY campaign
              > ad makes me want to vote for the other guy. Some of those strawmen
              > would make great politicians...
              >
              > --KG
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • aiwemor
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 2, 2004
                I agree. As a former Republican (current Libertarian), I find it very
                offensive that people automatically assume that no one in the room is
                Republican etc. Somebody actually acknowledged that there are some
                Republicans in the building today: "There are some Republicans here;
                they have to be really strong," she said. The reply she got: "No,
                they're just stupid."

                May I mention that they were standing right next to me and neither of
                them knew my political leanings?

                Sorry, that annoyed me a lot - just getting it off my chest

                --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Pete Hartman <pete.hartman@g...>
                wrote:
                > I seem to recall a little bit of a flamewar a while back, when some
                > comments were made about Scientology without taking into account
                that
                > some of this group are scientologists.
                >
                > One might take some of the lessons from that experience and apply
                them
                > to "Republicans" (or Democrats as your case may be).
                >
                > No, I'm not a Republican, but I have a number of friends who are,
                and
                > the tone of this discussion seems poised to go down the rathole into
                > bashing those we don't agree with. I think we'd all be a lot
                happier
                > NOT digging into that can of worms.
                >

                > On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:45:48 -0000, gaertk <gaertk@a...> wrote:
                > >

                > > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Daniel <drake01@h...> wrote:
                > > > I'm soooo glad this is over. I'm getting tired of either A:
                being
                > > > pushed to vote or B: pushed to vote Republican (I live in Waco,
                > > > about 30 miles from Bush's ranch).
                > >
                > > I hear you. I managed to avoid voting for any Republicans, though
                > > that means I had to leave 22 out of 30 races blank. And nearly
                half
                > > of those I didn't have any choice, due to an amendment (that I
                voted
                > > against last election) that automatically elects unopposed
                incumbents.

                > > At least Frost and Sessions will finally shut up now.
                > >
                > > I think it's a sign I'm living in the wrong area when EVERY
                campaign
                > > ad makes me want to vote for the other guy. Some of those
                strawmen
                > > would make great politicians...
                > >
                > > --KG
                > >

                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Daniel
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 2, 2004
                  Understand though. I live in Republican Centeral, exp when it concerns
                  Bush. As I originally stated he "lives" about 30 miles from me. Waco
                  news covers when he comes into town and the helicopters that take him to
                  the Ranch fly right over my house. When I go to school, work, or about
                  town in the last few months I've had several people, pollsters or not,
                  come up and ask if I'm voting for Bush or Wooglemooth (the Republican
                  running for Senetor).

                  My feeling is, it's no-ones business but mine who I vote for, IF I feel
                  like voting. Voting is a right everyone over 18 has, and like the right
                  to remain silent it's not everyone uses. I don't want to feel pressured
                  to vote , vote for anyone or anything else. Yes I think everyone should,
                  but would you want to go to the mall and have 10 people ask who YOUR
                  voting for and push their choice on you?

                  If I lived in a predomantly Democtratic county I'd have said them. A
                  conservative guess is 80% of this county IS Republican
                • Debbie
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 2, 2004
                    S'okay Daniel, it's just that sometimes listmates in other parts of the
                    country don't really understand that Our America is a part of Their America.

                    The kids around here simply can't imagine a white male liberal anymore,
                    because these are my neighbors: http://afa.net/ I have personally come
                    out of UUA church meetings to find hate graffiti greeting us for not being
                    Conservative Christians. We've stumbled into arch-conservative clubs so
                    deep into their world-view they not only wouldn't use any medicine or let
                    women wear pants, they had a self-confessed porn addict in charge of the
                    children's program because accepting Jesus was the only therapy he needed
                    (I met him. It wasn't.) and even they were ten times more socially
                    acceptable than we were because all conservative Christians had to be Good
                    Guys and all liberals had to be Totally Evil. They got free rooms, but
                    nobody in the whole town will provide an indoor meeting place for the SCA
                    -- after 15 years of trying. Don't you know they're Satanists? And that's
                    just a couple of the low points. I could go on for pages with personal
                    examples. I'll shut up for now though.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 2, 2004
                      Daniel, I wasn't specifically targetting anyone in particular. I saw
                      a trend developing in the comments and tried to forestall it.

                      Too bad Debbie didn't get the hint and felt she had to go diving off the cliff.

                      On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 17:46:48 -0600, Daniel <drake01@...> wrote:

                      > Understand though. I live in Republican Centeral, exp when it concerns
                      > Bush. As I originally stated he "lives" about 30 miles from me. Waco
                      > news covers when he comes into town and the helicopters that take him to
                      > the Ranch fly right over my house. When I go to school, work, or about
                      > town in the last few months I've had several people, pollsters or not,
                      > come up and ask if I'm voting for Bush or Wooglemooth (the Republican
                      > running for Senetor).
                      >
                      > My feeling is, it's no-ones business but mine who I vote for, IF I feel
                      > like voting. Voting is a right everyone over 18 has, and like the right
                      > to remain silent it's not everyone uses. I don't want to feel pressured
                      > to vote , vote for anyone or anything else. Yes I think everyone should,
                      > but would you want to go to the mall and have 10 people ask who YOUR
                      > voting for and push their choice on you?
                      >
                      > If I lived in a predomantly Democtratic county I'd have said them. A
                      > conservative guess is 80% of this county IS Republican
                      >

                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • Debbie
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 2, 2004
                        >S'okay Daniel, it's just that sometimes listmates in other parts of the
                        >country don't really understand that Our America is a part of Their America.

                        It hit me in the shower this could be misinterpreted to mean:

                        Their America = Conservative
                        Our America = Liberal

                        Nothing could be further from the truth. No, thanks to political geography

                        Their America = that portion of America controlled by people who practice
                        "Live and Let Live" upon their neighbors who don't agree with them.
                        Our America = that portion of America controlled by people who practice
                        discrimination and violence upon their neighbors who don't agree with them.

                        Sorry for the confusion. Sorry also for revisiting this topic after I said
                        I'd stop posting on it, but it didn't occur to me until later that some
                        people might have misinterpreted what I wrote in such a way.

                        Debbie
                        http://www.brigidsforge.com
                        Original sterling Gothic and Pagan jewelry

                        "He hasn't been the same since his spirit guide discovered object-oriented
                        programming."

                      • Mary Lowe-Hentges
                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 11, 2004
                          It took me a while, because I kept looking for the "none of the above" button, and had to go for a lesser weevil.

                          Annechen Loewenstein
                          non scripta non est