Your Favorite background signs

  • numberonevampire
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2010
      I've always loved the little background humor signs that don't have any connection to the story. ("It's Hammer Time!" Being one of the more recent) What are your favorites?

      Mine, in no particular order:

      "Honk Lessons / No Honking" (http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20030326)

      "Invade in Front" (http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20071116)

      "Buck Godot - Fashions for Big & Tall Men" (http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20070319)

      Not really "Background", but still very good.
      "Agony - Ecstasy" (http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20090213)
    • James Davis
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 7, 2010
        My favorite is still in the first shot of Agatha's room in the first
        book -- the series of prime numbers in the ceiling border of the
        wallpaper.

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 7, 2010
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "numberonevampire" <numberonevampire@...> wrote:

          > I've always loved the little background humor signs that don't have any connection to the story. ("It's Hammer Time!" Being one of the more recent) What are your favorites?

          I think mine goes all the way back to volume 2
          Agatha questions being able to waltz into the Baron's lab and there's a sign on the wall specifically prohibiting dancing.

          -Steve
        • Daniel W. Johnson
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 7, 2010
            At 19:36 +0000 2010-12-06, numberonevampire wrote:
            >"Buck Godot - Fashions for Big & Tall Men"
            >(http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20070319)

            You do realize that ALL the signs along that wall are references to
            various Webcomics?
            --
            Daniel W. Johnson
            panoptes@...
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 7, 2010
              Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 12:38:00 PM, numberonevampire wrote:

              >> I've always loved the little background humor signs that don't have any connection to the story. ("It's Hammer Time!" Being one of the more recent) What are your favorites?

              I liked the "Illiteracy Reduction" sign with its accessory.

              Best regards,
              Elliott mailto:ejolson@...