Simi OT- the rise and fall of disciplines in Mad Science

  • A. L. Servello
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 26 9:36 AM
      http://io9.com/5646481/the-chosen-research-areas-of-mad-scientists-1810+2010

      Three folks looked around for mad scientists in any form of fiction they
      could lay their hands on, ended up finding 200 examples, and graphed it
      by year and category. (/biology, chemistry, machines, nuclear, physics,
      pseudoscience (ghosts and such), multidisciplinary, biotechnology,
      psychology, and neuroscience/).

      I don't see Girl Genius on the list, but I'm not exactly undistracted--
      anyone want to type up a list of examples? Probably book-for-book,
      since they list each comic book edition separately.

    • Dimo Jager
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 26 5:47 PM
        > ...looked around for mad scientists in any form of fiction...
        > I don't see Girl Genius on the list

        They did not count Dick Seaton or Marc DuQuesne as "mad scientists" either.