Re: The Inner Circle's Secret Plans

  • jsheikg
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 30, 2010
      > The BEACON ENGINE is here:
      >
      > http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20060707

      That has been specifically named the SUMMONING ENGINE.

      The Beacon Engine must be something else with an as-yet unrevealed function.
    • Rebecca
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 2, 2010
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jsheikg" <jsheikg@...> wrote:
        > That has been specifically named the SUMMONING ENGINE.
        >
        > http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20060920
        >
        > The Beacon Engine must be something else with an as-yet unrevealed function.

        Yet today Lucrezia clearly refers to that Summoning Engine as a Beacon Engine. Summoning Engine may be the particular name of THAT engine, and Beacon Engine is the name of the type of engine. That the device Zola has been stuffed into is "not as sophisticated" yet is still a Beacon engine supports this.
      • bjherbison
        Message 3 of 25 , Jul 2, 2010
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "mrobinson52" <mrobinson52@...> wrote:

          > My quibble with the term is the connotation of a slavish devotion. I think of the Apple devotees who will buy anything the company turns out the moment it hits the market, in spite of past bad experiences. I am a fan of GG, but not slavishly devoted.

          It sounds like you are saying that you have drunk the kool-aid, um, Jägerbräu, but you haven't inhaled the wasp.
        • mrobinson52
          Message 4 of 25 , Jul 2, 2010
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "McClure, Kate (DEX-BLV)" <kate.mcclure@...> wrote:

            > *der schnippe*
            >
            > And one thing that is sort of bothering me about your post, is the use
            > of the term "fanboys" in your opener. I am not a boy, for one, and the
            > term fanboy is often a pejorative with some juvenile connotations.
            > http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fanboy

            > This is why one of my sig lines refers to myself as a 'fanbroad'. I am
            > waaaaaaay too old to be a fangirl.
            >
            > And for you gray-topped lads? I believe the term 'fancoot' should
            > suffice.
            >
            > In service to SCIENCE!
            > Kate McClure

            Or fancodger, depending on temperament. ;))

            Mary