Well, don't I feel silly!

  • Doctor Nightfall
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2010
      I never spotted the Hasidic-looking fellow in the background of that early panel, and seeing Hezekiah with his Yarmulkeh just... didn't click. Living so close to Gateshead, that sort of thing just fades into the background for me now. (Also, with the vagaries of youth, we've had the occasional trend/fad for wearing silly things on people's heads. I once adopted a felt fedora, and with my normal style of dress had a few people yelling "Look! It's the Chief Rabbi!")

      On a related note, I would like to think that Wulfenbach has some strict penalties for religious/racial discrimination. Considering his motto, I'd think that he's rather down on anything that makes his life more troublesome.

      ...and in later years, I can also see him being known as "Wulfenbach the Humourless."

      *****

      What am I doing here

      half asleep

      and the rest of me

      still in bed

      making coffee

      with tea bags...?

      "Ex hominibus fit! Dic omnibus!
      Soylens viridis EX HOMINIBUS FIT!"

      http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/197222280/direct/01/
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2010
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Doctor Nightfall <musko_no_kaji@...> wrote:
        > I once adopted a felt fedora, and with my normal style of dress had a few people yelling "Look! It's the Chief Rabbi!")

        I got that once. Really suprised me too. It's just a hat.

        -Steven Rewa