Re: Higgs strikes again!

  • brendawriter
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 5, 2010
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "vortexcat" <vortexcat@...> wrote:

      > OK, I agree the construct and Agatha are connected, but did you pick up on Higgs?
      > Frame 2: Water?
      > Frame 4: Assigned-- um- to help you.
      >
      > He really does know more. The Kastle's version of Otilia has a solution to the power problem, and Higgs knows that too. Agatha may have just had a solution handed to her she wasn't looking for. I am liking Higgs more and more.

      You think? I read it as Agatha making sure he knows who's in charge. WHO did you say you were helping? Oh of course, -you-, m'lady.

      Brenda
    • William Aber
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 5, 2010
        I agree Agatha did flex her muscles, but Higgs is obviously very aware
        of what's going on around him. He probably knew Agatha would respond in
        a way to state her authority, which is needed with Kestilia. But...

        The water. That water is quite the odd thing to hand to Agatha.
        Especially since we haven't really seen any hospitable additions to the
        Castle. Where was the water cooler which that water was taken from, I
        ask you?

        ~ WT
      • ergonomytch
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 5, 2010
          Did Higgs just hand Agatha a little cuppa the waters from the River Dyne? Or perhaps that is her own plan for jumpstarting herself after draining herself out for her boyfriends.
        • McClure, Kate (DEX-BLV)
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 5, 2010
            Did Higgs just hand Agatha a little cuppa the waters from the River
            Dyne? Or perhaps that is her own plan for jumpstarting herself after
            draining herself out for her boyfriends.

            --------------------

            At least he didn't say, 'Here, drink this!'

            Kate McClure
            That which does not kill me
            Had better run damn fast . . .
            - Anon.

          • William Aber
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 5, 2010
              > Did Higgs just hand Agatha a little cuppa the waters from the River Dyne? Or perhaps that is her own plan for jumpstarting herself after draining herself out for her boyfriends.

              The idea that Higgs is just an airman is... well.. silly. But if he WAS
              just an airman, it'd be great if that cup was full of Rum. Lots of Rum.

              ~ WT
            • David Goldfarb
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 5, 2010
                On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 11:29 AM, ergonomytch <tychomonger@...> wrote:

                > Did Higgs just hand Agatha a little cuppa the waters from the River Dyne? Or perhaps that is her own plan for jumpstarting herself after draining herself out for her boyfriends.

                That seems quite likely, and it would tie in to Otilia's statement
                that if she is not the Heterodyne she will die.

                David Goldfarb
              • Benjamin
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 5, 2010
                  --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "brendawriter" <brendawriter@...> wrote:

                  > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "vortexcat" <vortexcat@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > OK, I agree the construct and Agatha are connected, but did you pick up on Higgs?
                  > > Frame 2: Water?
                  > > Frame 4: Assigned-- um- to help you.
                  > >
                  > > He really does know more. The Kastle's version of Otilia has a solution to the power problem, and Higgs knows that too. Agatha may have just had a solution handed to her she wasn't looking for. I am liking Higgs more and more.
                  > >

                  > You think? I read it as Agatha making sure he knows who's in charge. WHO did you say you were helping? Oh of course, -you-, m'lady.
                  >
                  > Brenda

                  I disagree;
                  Frame 3 : Higgs _ I'm currently assigned to help Master Wulfenbach
                  Frame 4: Agatha _ Oh? Help him do What?
                  Higgs _ Um-Help You.

                  In other words Agatha is asking Higgs "what are you helping Wulfenbach do?" (ie "what is Wulfenbach's *real* agenda")and Higgs response is that, since Wulfenbach is currently aiding Agatha, then I am helping Wufenbach to help you.
                  As far as Higgs is concerned Gil is his boss, since Gil is currently helping Agatha, and vice versa, Higgs will help Agatha.
                • vortexcat
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 5, 2010
                    > > You think? I read it as Agatha making sure he knows who's in charge. WHO did you say you were helping? Oh of course, -you-, m'lady.
                    > >
                    > > Brenda
                    > >
                    > I disagree;
                    > Frame 3 : Higgs _ I'm currently assigned to help Master Wulfenbach
                    > Frame 4: Agatha _ Oh? Help him do What?
                    > Higgs _ Um-Help You.
                    >
                    > In other words Agatha is asking Higgs "what are you helping Wulfenbach do?" (ie "what is Wulfenbach's *real* agenda")and Higgs response is that, since Wulfenbach is currently aiding Agatha, then I am helping Wufenbach to help you.
                    > As far as Higgs is concerned Gil is his boss, since Gil is currently helping Agatha, and vice versa, Higgs will help Agatha.

                    And I politely disagree with you. Higgs has his own agenda within his apparent obedience. We get to wait and find out. Isn't it *fun*?
                    If that is Dyne water, we will find out fairly quickly.
                  • jlalt999
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 5, 2010
                      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "vortexcat" <vortexcat@...> wrote:

                      > OK, I agree the construct and Agatha are connected, but did you pick up on Higgs?
                      > Frame 2: Water?
                      > Frame 4: Assigned-- um- to help you.
                      >
                      > He really does know more. The Kastle's version of Otilia has a solution to the power problem, and Higgs knows that too. Agatha may have just had a solution handed to her she wasn't looking for. I am liking Higgs more and more.

                      Agreed! Higgs clobbered Otilia when she was about to reveal his secret, yet left her intact enough to retain some cognition and speech. That's high-risk. She must have something he can use.

                      -- Joe
                    • bjherbison
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 6, 2010
                        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jlalt999" <jlalt999@...> wrote:

                        > Agreed! Higgs clobbered Otilia when she was about to reveal his secret, yet left her intact enough to retain some cognition and speech. That's high-risk. She must have something he can use.

                        And, tying back in to the water, they are working together to test Agatha. I suspect the conversation went something like:

                        "I could kill you, but I don't want to. Don't give away my secret."

                        "yes/yes/es. what about/about the fake hetero/Heterodyne?"

                        "She's not fake."

                        "we/we/I must test her."

                        "I'll give her a glass of water from the Dyne."