Re: I Miss Cheyenne

  • David Goldfarb
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2010
      I agree with what people have said about the pages being designed for
      color, and missing Cheyenne's contribution.

      That being said, I have to say that I'd rather get the B/W updates
      *now* and see what happens in the story, getting the color later, than
      have to wait and get fully-colored pages later.

      David Goldfarb
    • Amanda Servello
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2010
        On 3/1/2010 1:31 PM, David Goldfarb wrote:
        > I agree with what people have said about the pages being designed for
        > color, and missing Cheyenne's contribution.
        >
        > That being said, I have to say that I'd rather get the B/W updates
        > *now* and see what happens in the story, getting the color later, than
        > have to wait and get fully-colored pages later.

        Goodness, yes, but we wouldn't want anyone to feel like their work is
        unappreciated. (Plus, I like the pretty colors...almost as much as I
        want the Jaegers to show up again...)
      • paige_the_mad_metallurgist
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 2, 2010
          > > I agree with what people have said about the pages being designed for
          > > color, and missing Cheyenne's contribution.
          > >
          > > That being said, I have to say that I'd rather get the B/W updates
          > > *now* and see what happens in the story, getting the color later, than
          > > have to wait and get fully-colored pages later.
          > >

          > Goodness, yes, but we wouldn't want anyone to feel like their work is
          > unappreciated. (Plus, I like the pretty colors...almost as much as I
          > want the Jaegers to show up again...)

          I have a question to put forth for the people of this group, with no little fear and trembling. I don't know how kosher this is, so please understand I'm putting this suggestion up for review. Tell me if its a good or bad idea. Moderators, please forgive me if this is considered off-topic, but if I were to take this to Rogue Clanks, I wouldn't get nearly the readership.

          I've been waiting for the fundraiser for Cheyenne's medical bills to become live, and wondering how much I could afford to donate. Then this morning I had a "duh" moment. I sell Pampered Chef products as a way to escape the normal routine of a stay-at-home mom. I have a website. I can do fundraisers through PC, but I need to have an organization code for it. I'd be very surprised if the Foglio's went to THAT in depth for this fundraiser. However, if I put together a online party where everyone chooses direct shipping, I could donate the entirety of my profits to Cheyenne's medical fund. Now, I know this would have to be based on trust, but I'm willing to post a running total of what comes in. I make a 20% commission on everything, plus Cheyenne and his wife would be able to reap the freebie rewards if I were to put it in their name. I can do it without creating a party, but they would get more benefit from the party. Heck, they could e-bay auction the freebies if they wanted to. The only thing I would take away from this is a sales statistic, showing I sold X amount of products that would count towards my career sales.

          Please note, I have NOT posted my website address, because I don't want to seem opportunistic. I just completed a similar fundraiser for women in my church who wanted a demonstration but didn't want to go through the rigmarole of an official fundraiser. (This way, I can put the money in their FR pot rather than proceeding through official channels of the church treasury.) This is something you could also forward to family and friends who probably wouldn't donate cash, saying "Hey, we're trying to raise money for this guy we know who was recently hospitalized. He doesn't have medical insurance, so we're helping to raise money in other ways. Interested?"

          So tell me. Is this a good or bad idea? I thought about posting this on Facebook, but the honest truth is that I know you guys much better and I trust your opinion. I can always take it there later if you guys approve. If its considered a good idea, who is interested in participating? I need $150 in sales to make it happen (minimum requirement for a "party"), and anything beyond that is gravy.
        • wish_dumain
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 2, 2010
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Amanda Servello <headnoises@...> wrote:

            > unappreciated. (Plus, I like the pretty colors...almost as much as I
            > want the Jaegers to show up again...)

            Jaegars ARE pretty colours.
          • Jack Russell
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 3, 2010
              Oh, look! Pretty colors! Is Cheyenne feeling better?

              <<Qvaaack?>>

              Jäck Rüssell

              "Don't take life so serious, son.
              It ain't nohow permanent."
              - Walt Kelly

            • Thomas Erickson
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 3, 2010
                Re:Posted by: "wish_dumain" wish@...
                <wish@...?Subject=+Re%3A%20I%20Miss%20Cheyenne> wish_dumain
                <http://profiles.yahoo.com/wish_dumain> Tue Mar 2, 2010 7:31 pm (PST)
                Servello <headnoises@...> wrote:

                >> unappreciated. (Plus, I like the pretty colors...almost as much as I
                >> want the Jaegers to show up again...)
                >
                >Jaegars ARE pretty colours.
                Vell, hexschept for Pvt "Mad Vinnie" Vinchelvenzenzivic. He vas hall pink
                und skvishy, poor keed.
                Sigh. Und he schowed such promees, too.

                Lt Cdr Thomas, Yaeger Morale Squad.

              • Jefferson
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 3, 2010
                  A moderator speaks. ;)

                  paige_the_mad_metallurgist wrote:
                  > So tell me. Is this a good or bad idea? I thought about
                  > posting this on Facebook, but the honest truth is that I know
                  > you guys much better and I trust your opinion. I can always
                  > take it there later if you guys approve. If its considered a
                  > good idea, who is interested in participating? I need $150 in
                  > sales to make it happen (minimum requirement for a "party"),
                  > and anything beyond that is gravy.

                  Thank you for not posting the link. This seems to within the
                  mandate of the group. However, it would probably be better if
                  interested parties contacted Paige off list. Please do let us
                  know how things are going and how things work up.

                  I can't participate myself, but I wish you the best of luck.

                  --
                  Jeff Wilson
                  GG Group Moderator
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 4, 2010
                    > > So tell me. Is this a good or bad idea? I thought about
                    > > posting this on Facebook, but the honest truth is that I know
                    > > you guys much better and I trust your opinion. I can always
                    > > take it there later if you guys approve. If its considered a
                    > > good idea, who is interested in participating? I need $150 in
                    > > sales to make it happen (minimum requirement for a "party"),
                    > > and anything beyond that is gravy.
                    >
                    > Thank you for not posting the link. This seems to within the
                    > mandate of the group. However, it would probably be better if
                    > interested parties contacted Paige off list. Please do let us
                    > know how things are going and how things work up.
                    >
                    > I can't participate myself, but I wish you the best of luck.

                    At the moment, no one has contacted me yet. There may be no interest, which is okay. I only wanted to make the offer if anyone was interested in participating.

                    Paige