Wednesday Comic

  • babylon_tom
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 23, 2010
      Gee - not so good news for Cheyenne Wright there.

      On topic on comic news ... no new progress for the multitude of plot choices currently tossed up in the air ... yet another brawl brewing and still no mimoth sightings.

      :skyt
    • fractal9091
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 23, 2010
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "babylon_tom" <babylon_tom@...> wrote:

        > Gee - not so good news for Cheyenne Wright there.
        >
        > On topic on comic news ... no new progress for the multitude of plot choices currently tossed up in the air ... yet another brawl brewing and still no mimoth sightings.
        >
        > :skyt

        Sorry, Zeetha, but the ability to destroy a pirate fortress is insignificant next to the power of the Other.

        Jonathan
      • yumitori
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 23, 2010
          Folks, donate to Cheyenne's fund if you can.
          he's good people and needs our help.

          > Sorry, Zeetha, but the ability to destroy a pirate fortress
          > is insignificant next to the power of the Other.

          You get a Laugh Out Loud.

          But Zeetha's been wasting her talent for too long. She underestimated
          the Other and gave up the element of surprise Dumedd bought her. (Bad
          Zeetha!!) Her mistake isn't the end of the fight, though. The Other is
          goin' down...
        • Jack Russell
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 24, 2010
            Sorry, Zeetha, but the ability to destroy a pirate fortress is insignificant next to the power of the Other.
            * * * * *
            What power? Body jumping, channeling the host body's Spark and controlling minions. No laser-eyes or super-strength (well, for the moment, yes, as Violetta explained) or any other known special ability. Zeetha mad, Lucragatha bad, the Other gonna take a beatin'.

            <<QVAAACK!!!>>

            Jäck Rüssell

            "Don't take life so serious, son.
            It ain't nohow permanent."
            - Walt Kelly

          • tom_brosz
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 24, 2010
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Russell" <werewolfbynight13@...> wrote:

              > What power? Body jumping, channeling the host body's Spark and controlling minions. No laser-eyes or super-strength (well, for the moment, yes, as Violetta explained) or any other known special ability. Zeetha mad, Lucragatha bad, the Other gonna take a beatin'.

              While a first-class catfight would be great for the ratings, particulularly with the traditional ripping clothing, all Zeetha (or anyone else) has to do is sneak up behind Agatha and slap her with the locket. I assume it works if it touches her anywhere.

              A big question: Why did they take the locket off in the first place? Simply to protect it from the electricity? Or were they trying something else?
            • Jack Russell
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 24, 2010
                A big question: Why did they take the locket off in the first place? Simply to protect it from the electricity? Or were they trying something else?
                * * * * *
                Absolutely to protect it from the electricity. Can't have the Other's only known weakness getting zapped and shorted out. Then there is the arc effect to consider, which is why Gil's ring on a chain had to be removed. Finally, the process is painful and unpleasent. Why should Agatha have to suffer through that when a far more deserving personality is available? DUH!

                <<QVAAACK!!!>>

                Jäck Rüssell

                "Don't take life so serious, son.
                It ain't nohow permanent."
                - Walt Kelly

              • brendawriter
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 24, 2010
                  --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "tom_brosz" <tbrosz@...> wrote:

                  > While a first-class catfight would be great for the ratings, particulularly with the traditional ripping clothing, all Zeetha (or anyone else) has to do is sneak up behind Agatha and slap her with the locket. I assume it works if it touches her anywhere.

                  Zeetha is not the only hope. Another combat possibility: Violetta or Tarvek turns on the machine again. They've brought Tarvek and Agatha back; what about Gil? Agatha's body is still hooked up. A good multicolored blast to slow Lucrezia down and transfer some of that extra vim to Gil, and then the locket.

                  It is a little worrying that of the three guinea pigs, only Gil has no real advocate who is conscious at this crucial moment. Tarvek is on record as putting Agatha first; one must assume that he himself comes in second and Gil is a distant third. Agatha would certainly move to save Gil, but she is Not Herself. It could happen, in all the distraction of clank battle and Lucrezia smackdown, that Gil will just quietly expire on the table. That would be tragic, but BORING -- people in the GGverse don't just expire quietly. So I don't think it will happen.

                  Brenda
                • Jack Russell
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 24, 2010
                    A good multicolored blast to slow Lucrezia down and transfer some of that extra vim to Gil, and then the locket.
                    * * * * *
                    Actually, Gil isn't sick...just a little drained. If he were left alone, odds are he would recover. He only mimicked the symptoms Tarvek and Agatha had. That said, I like the idea of draininmg some of that extra juice out of Lucragatha back into Gil. But will it work if he isn't dead? Details details...

                    <<QVAAACK!!!>>

                    Jäck Rüssell

                    "Don't take life so serious, son.
                    It ain't nohow permanent."
                    - Walt Kelly

                  • Edward Rhodes
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 25, 2010
                      Folks, donate to Cheyenne's fund if you can.
                      he's good people and needs our help.

                      ***
                      It's times like this I really wish I had a Pay Pal account... and well, money to put into it.

                      My best wishes to Cheyenne, at this moment it's all I have.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 25, 2010
                        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "brendawriter" <brendawriter@...> wrote:
                        > It is a little worrying that of the three guinea pigs, only Gil has no real advocate who is conscious at this crucial moment. Tarvek is on record as putting Agatha first; one must assume that he himself comes in second and Gil is a distant third. Agatha would certainly move to save Gil, but she is Not Herself. It could happen, in all the distraction of clank battle and Lucrezia smackdown, that Gil will just quietly expire on the table. That would be tragic, but BORING -- people in the GGverse don't just expire quietly. So I don't think it will happen.
                        >
                        > Brenda

                        Well, Theo and Sleipnir are probably the best friends he's got and Zeetha promised to look after him. The problem isn't that he has nobody on his side, but the ones who are, are really busy.

                        -Steven Rewa

                        I have a feeling that when the dust settles down there it'll be Gil who ultimately saves the day.
                      • mimmothhunter
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 25, 2010
                          <werewolfbynight13@...> wrote:

                          >> Sorry, Zeetha, but the ability to destroy a pirate fortress is
                          insignificant next to the power of the Other.
                          > * * * * *
                          > What power? Body jumping, channeling the host body's Spark and
                          controlling minions. No laser-eyes or super-strength (well, for >the
                          moment, yes, as Violetta explained) or any other known special ability.
                          Zeetha mad, Lucragatha bad, the Other gonna take a
                          > beatin'.

                          Zeetha's got a couple of problems here, either or both of which could be
                          her downfall (that's not counting overconfidence). 1) She's got to
                          subdue the Other without damaging Agatha's body, at least not too much,
                          while Lucrezia has no such constraints on her actions. Zeetha has to be
                          aware of this problem, but still. 2) Lucrezia knows about Skifander,
                          and presumably has some clues about the Skifandrian combat style even if
                          she hasn't been through the training herself. Zeetha has no clue about
                          this one so it might catch her flat-footed.

                          Now would be a good time for Othar to show up.

                          Mighty Mimmoth Hunter

                        • Jack Russell
                          Message 12 of 12 , May 26, 2010
                            For those of you not familiar with it, that's the symbol of the demon hunters from the Grimjack comic. He sure got around in his youth, I'll bet.
                            * * * * *
                            Grimjack? The one by First Comics? Scar over eye, killed, resurrected as his own clone, doomed to reincarnate as long s Cynosure stood? Wears a beret? Never heard of him.
                            <<QVRAAAAKK!!!>>
                            What? Oh. Howard has the complete run. Sez he liked Bob...whos Bob? <<vhishper-vhishper>> A mini-dino alcoholic? Yeeesh! I'm going to Mundan's Bar for some ale. C'mon, Howard. I'm sure you are old enough in Duck years.

                            <<QVRAAAAKK!!!>>
                            (This duck just qvacks me up.)

                            Jäck Rüssell

                            A duck walks into a pharmacy, and asks for Chapstick. The cashier says, "Cash or check?" and the duck says, "Just put it on my bill."