They're even sicker than I thought.

  • charleson_mambo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2010
      So the device links their minds together? :P

      Charleson Mambo
    • Jack Russell
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2010
        So the device links their minds together? :P
        * * * * *
        Maybe at an empathic level. I suspect she just "feels their pain." BTW, Agatha was exposed when she gave ol' Tar a peck on the cheek. But here Gil has been linked to Tarvek, not to mention traded punches with him while distracting Der Kestle, so shouldn't he be sick for reals by now?

        <<qVaAaCk..!>>

        Uh-oh! I think Howard caught it, too!

        Jäck Rüssell

        "Don't take life so serious, son.
        It ain't nohow permanent."
        - Walt Kelly

      • Jennifer Hawthorne
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2010
          > But here Gil has been linked to Tarvek, not to mention traded punches with him while distracting Der Kestle, so shouldn't he be sick for reals by now?

          Only if the illness overcame the innate resistance to it that he claimed to have, remember? A key to this whole thing was that Gil was supposed to be immune to the Hogfarb's, which is why he says a couple pages back that his body is only mimicking the illness's symptoms.

          -- Jen

        • Trick
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2010
            > > But here Gil has been linked to Tarvek, not to mention traded punches with him while distracting Der Kestle, so shouldn't he be sick for reals by now?
            >
            > Only if the illness overcame the innate resistance to it that he claimed to have, remember? A key to this whole thing was that Gil was supposed to be immune to the Hogfarb's, which is why he says a couple pages back that his body is only mimicking the illness's symptoms.

            The problem is that the eventual immolation seems to be one of said symptoms - if the one that ends everything via death - so if Tarvek gets to that point, so will Gil, I think.
          • persephone_kore
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2010
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Russell" <werewolfbynight13@...> wrote:

              > So the device links their minds together? :P
              > * * * * *
              > Maybe at an empathic level. I suspect she just "feels their pain." BTW, Agatha was exposed when she gave ol' Tar a peck on the cheek. But here Gil has been linked to Tarvek, not to mention traded punches with him while distracting Der Kestle, so shouldn't he be sick for reals by now?

              It links their *bodies* together so they're both (now all three) at equivalent levels of health. There was "worgh"ing previously when Agatha adjusted the device to get them equalized. She knows they're sicker than she thought because she feels worse than she expected, apparently.

              And plenty of people have been handling Tarvek while he's been infected. I suppose most of them have avoided touching eyes/nose/mouth/other mucous membranes without washing up. Or something.

              Either that, or we will eventually find out that the boys are assuming more of a kiss than a peck on the head, and Agatha was actually infected some hours previously when she performed emergency surgery with an open wound on her own hand. It's not entirely clear whether the continued fever and green drainage after the surgery were early Hogfarb's symptoms or not; Agatha and Violetta thought it seemed strange, but it's not their area of expertise. Anyway, nobody's suggested that alternative in the comic -- it just makes me suspicious. I admit that it presents some timing problems: I think it would require a longer incubation period for Agatha than Tarvek unless he was infected pre-Castle Heterodyne (but probably not pre-Mechanicsburg Hospital), and it raises the possibility of Gil getting infected for real when she kissed *him*.

              I admit, at this point I'm rather hoping that the source of Tarvek's infection will become a plot point eventually.

              PK
            • Skip
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 2, 2010
                --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "persephone_kore" <persephone_kore@...> wrote:
                > I admit, at this point I'm rather hoping that the source of Tarvek's infection will become a plot point eventually.
                >
                > PK

                Hey, this IS Tarvek we're talking about. It wouldn't be unthinkable that he's somehow faking the whole thing in order to use the response to get the others really infected, to get rid of his rivals.

                Unlikely, to be sure, but... never trust Tarvek.