Re: [Girl Genius] Sank into the Dyne

  • El Lobo
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
      When the first Heterodyne came here, there was only a small spring. Everyone said they were daft to build a castle on the Dyne, but they built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the Dyne. So they built a second one. That sank into the Dyne. So they built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the Dyne. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lass, the strangest castle in all of Europa.
      * * * * *

      That would explain why Der Kestle is 'incredibly over-built'.

      Jäck Rüssell

      "Reality is for people without imagination."

    • Thassa Leatha
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
        On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 9:25 AM, wilsonanders <wilsonanders@...> wrote:

        > When the first Heterodyne came here, there was only a small spring.
        > Everyone said they were daft to build a castle on the Dyne, but they built
        > in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the Dyne. So they built a
        > second one. That sank into the Dyne. So they built a third. That burned
        > down, fell over, then sank into the Dyne. But the fourth one stayed up. And
        > that's what you're going to get, Lass, the strangest castle in all of
        > Europa.

        I hereby award you 1000 internets for the awesome B5 reference. :D

      • Thassa Leatha
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
          On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Thassa Leatha <thassa@...> wrote:

          > On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 9:25 AM, wilsonanders <wilsonanders@...>wrote:
          >
          >> When the first Heterodyne came here, there was only a small spring.
          >> Everyone said they were daft to build a castle on the Dyne, but they built
          >> in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the Dyne. So they built a
          >> second one. That sank into the Dyne. So they built a third. That burned
          >> down, fell over, then sank into the Dyne. But the fourth one stayed up. And
          >> that's what you're going to get, Lass, the strangest castle in all of
          >> Europa.
          >>

          > I hereby award you 1000 internets for the awesome B5 reference. :D

          Oh.. wait.. apparently Monty Python did it first. XD

          Oh well, still awesome.

        • wilsonanders
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2009
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Thassa Leatha <thassa@...> wrote:

            > On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Thassa Leatha thassa@... wrote:
            >
            > > On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 9:25 AM, wilsonanders wilsonanders@...wrote:
            > >
            > >> When the first Heterodyne came here, there was only a small spring.
            > >> Everyone said they were daft to build a castle on the Dyne, but
            they built
            > >> it all the same, just to show them all. It sank into the Dyne. So
            they built a
            > >> second one. That sank into the Dyne. So they built a third. That
            burned
            > >> down, fell over, then sank into the Dyne. But the fourth one stayed
            up. And
            > >> that's what you're going to get, Lass, the strangest castle in all
            of
            > >> Europa.
            > >>
            > > I hereby award you 1000 internets for the awesome B5 reference. :D
            > >

            > Oh.. wait.. apparently Monty Python did it first. XD
            >
            > Oh well, still awesome.

            Thank you for the internets. The quote just describes what happened to
            Castle Heterodyne so well.

            I do wonder if the Foglio's had this in mind when they made that comic.
            That would be just awesome.