Re: [Girl Genius] Etheric entanglements?

  • William Aber
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2009
      Your suggestion makes me wonder if they would turn into a pair similar
      to Bill and Barry.

      But then, following those lines, does that make Agatha the high
      priestess or Lucrezia?

      - Will

      brellchild wrote:
      > Wouldn't it be wonderfully... interesting... if Gil
      > and Tarvek came out of this procedure partially
      > linked somehow? Occasional shared thoughts,
      > sympathetic injuries, that sort of thing?

    • nicky_diva
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2009
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "brellchild" <jasonft@...> wrote:

        > Wouldn't it be wonderfully... interesting... if Gil
        > and Tarvek came out of this procedure partially
        > linked somehow? Occasional shared thoughts,
        > sympathetic injuries, that sort of thing?

        As I am fairly certain that Gil & Agatha will eventually marry -- though possibly not within my lifetime, given the pace of time in the GGverse -- I can only say "Eeeeeww!" I am certain they would not want Tarvek along for the ride in any sense. Nicky
      • brellchild
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2009
          > > Wouldn't it be wonderfully... interesting... if Gil
          > > and Tarvek came out of this procedure partially
          > > linked somehow? Occasional shared thoughts,
          > > sympathetic injuries, that sort of thing?
          > >

          > As I am fairly certain that Gil & Agatha will eventually
          > marry -- though possibly not within my lifetime, given
          > the pace of time in the GGverse -- I can only say
          > "Eeeeeww!" I am certain they would not want Tarvek
          > along for the ride in any sense. Nicky

          Not permanently linked, but something that can be
          fixed if they have a couple of days for Doctor Sun
          to tweak them apart (assuming they trusted him
          enough to tell him how they got that way).

          I like the amusing irony of the image. Two powerful
          and occasionally stubborn sparks who already don't
          like each other, are both pursuing the same girl,
          who both have political ambitions, who both are due
          to find out the other is their biggest political
          rival (Tarvek doesn't know Gil is Klaus' heir, Gil
          doesn't know Tarvek is the Storm King's), and both
          of whom would probably be quite... satisfied if the
          other person was 'accidentally' dropped into red-hot
          lava.

          And they end up linked enough that if one dies
          before they 'untangle' the other would as well.

          It probably won't happen. Even for a world of Mad
          Science it would be strange. Personally I think it
          would be so awesomely hilarious that I want to see
          it.
        • Prof. Zarchne (of Zarkhnistan)
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2009
            On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 09:42:12PM -0700, William Aber wrote:
            > Your suggestion makes me wonder if they would turn into a pair similar
            > to Bill and Barry.

            They certainly seem to end up getting along well enough in
            the donation gift artwork, which appear as pages 132 and 133
            in the printed Volume VIII. "Similar to Bill and Barry" to
            what extent? Gil is not as clearly the hero nor Tarvek the
            weapons expert as Bill and Barry were, rather Agatha may
            outdo them both on both points. Gil and Tarvek more closely
            resemble "the mad scientist's handsome son" who falls in
            love with the heroine, i.e., they resemble Lucrezia.

            > But then, following those lines, does that make Agatha the high
            > priestess or Lucrezia?

            If Gil is Bill and Tarvek is Barry, and Agatha ends up with
            Gil alone, then she is Lucrezia. Which suggests the
            question of who the high priestess would be, and who comes
            to my mind first is Zeetha, Higgs notwithstanding. Tarvek
            and Zeetha would make an interesting pair, n'est-ce pas?

            But I think a more thorough subversion of the five-man-band
            trope is in order. I'm just not sure what it is, yet.

            Hey widdle-tiddle-weena,
            the cat and the concertina,
            Zola made her morning toilette.
            Zeeth laughed, she's such the sport
            and Moloch ran off with Violetta.
          • rewastev
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 4, 2009
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "brellchild" <jasonft@...> wrote:
              > And they end up linked enough that if one dies
              > before they 'untangle' the other would as well.

              That sounds to me like step one of the untangling process.

              -Stev