Re: [Girl Genius] Spoiler!

  • Bill Jackson
    Message 1 of 49 , Sep 2, 2004
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "markmohrfield"
      <markmohrfield@y...> wrote:
      > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "pmaclanderson"
      > <pmaclanderson@y...> wrote:
      > > Yeah, but Dr. Fu Manchu is just so much more competent than
      Othar.
      > He
      > > killed Hitler, after all.
      > >

      > He did? Sounds like a pretty good fella for a villain.
      >
      > Mark Mohrfield

      Hmmm. Fu Manchu is a definite spark of the first water (bred
      assorted hybrid critters, most of which were useful only to kill,
      and kill, and kill, developed death rays, flying saucers, mysterious
      mind-and-personality altering drugs, invisibility hats (or did he
      steal that one?), wireless communicator devices, broadcast power,
      the Elixer Vitae (eternal youth and life)), so he fits right in.
      Yes, Fu killed Hitler. Now, ask yourself, where did that moustached
      maniac that ran Germany during WW II come from? I mean, Hitler's
      body was right there, and he wasn't using it anymore...

      ...although in the book in which this happens, it is hinted that one
      of Hitler's doubles continued to run Germany.

      Might be an idea for a thread: which fictional characters were
      sparks?

      Doc Savage...Spark
      Fu Manchu...Spark
      Sherlock Holmes...Spark
      Captain Nemo...Spark
      Perry Mason...No, just a good lawyer
      Zorro...No, just lucky as all get out
      Victor Frankenstein...Sparky as hell
      The Shadow...Knows
      The Spider...Maybe, or he was just incredibly industrous
      Shell Scott...No way
      Captain Future...Spark
      Nick Charles...A conditional Spark, along the lines of Galloway
      Gallgher
      John Carter...No
      Skeeve...No
      Tom Swift...Spark
      Tom Swift Jr...Chip off the ol' Spark

      This could go on all day...
    • pmaclanderson
      Message 49 of 49 , Sep 25, 2004
        The Focusing process from Deepness In The Sky is (slightly flawed)
        artificial Spark creation - which thought opens whole new depths of
        potential evil to which Klaus may yet sink.

        I do not believe he is now anywhere near a full-fledged Emergency,
        though.