Re: [Girl Genius] What to do with (to?) Zola?

  • yumitori
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 1, 2009
      On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Prof. Zarchne (of
      Zarkhnistan)<zarchne@...> wrote:

      > Zola, I think, is a spark-level (or nearly so) gifted
      > actress, and she was playing the role of a Heterodyne.
      > Being a Heterodyne means you go mad and kill people. See,
      > it almost happened again today.

      I don't think she was 'playing a role' when she was talking to Gil
      about the plans to depose Wulfenbach and to kill the son of Klaus.

      --
      Ron/yumitori

      "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much
      liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."

      - Thomas Jefferson
    • yumitori
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 2, 2009
        On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Larry Talbot<lonchaneyjr@...> wrote:

        > "Merlot must be a miner Spark", "Zola is a miner Spark",

        I'm sorry; I must have missed the bits where they were using Mad
        Science to extract mineral deposits. The Seven Dwarves; now *they*
        were Miner Sparks...

        --
        Ron/yumitori

        "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much
        liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."

        - Thomas Jefferson
      • Donald Brown
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 3, 2009
          On Jul 3, 2009, at 10:06 AM, liminaut wrote:

          > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "John Savard" <savardj@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "ToolMan" <Tom@> wrote:
          > >
          > > > Agatha can forgive Zola's move against her own self, but the
          > other actions would seem to require some penalty.
          > >
          > > My guess is this:
          > >
          > > That situation won't come to a head until Sana'a Wilhelm turns up.
          >
          > Or doesn't turn up, as the case may be.
          >
          > My current guess is that Wilhelm is dead, killed when Zola ordered
          > the prisoners to chase after Agatha. When Agatha finds out, she'll
          > go apocalyptic on Zola for ordering Wilhelm to her death ... until
          > the Castle or Moloch points out that when Agatha told they Castle
          > "the people after me are trying to kill me", that was as good as
          > ordering the Castle to kill them. So Zola ordered Wilhelm to her
          > death, but Agatha gave the execution order.
          >
          > Good times all around.

          Rational...but not funny. And funny rules. Wilhelm showing up has a
          number of possibilities. For one thing...I get the feeling that
          Wilhelm won't be that impressed with Agatha being a Heterodyne (given
          the way she spoke about the news of Zola being there). Wilhelm is
          just too good of a character to lose offstage.

        • ToolMan
          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 3, 2009
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, yumitori <yumitori@...> wrote:

            > On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Prof. Zarchne (of
            > Zarkhnistan)<zarchne@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Zola, I think, is a spark-level (or nearly so) gifted
            > > actress, and she was playing the role of a Heterodyne.
            >
            > <snipage>
            >
            > I don't think she was 'playing a role' when she was talking to Gil
            > about the plans to depose Wulfenbach and to kill the son of Klaus.
            >
            > --
            > Ron/yumitori

            ... nor do I think she was playing a role when she shot and killed "Lamp Shade" in front of the crowd - she certainly didn't show any signs of shock or remorse looking at the just dead body laying in the spreading pool of blood (sorry, I really don't want to flog that horse any more, but that was a VERY revealing moment).

            - TT
          • Eric Oppen
            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 3, 2009
              Quoting yumitori <yumitori@...>:

              > On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Prof. Zarchne (of
              > Zarkhnistan)<zarchne@...> wrote:
              >
              >> Zola, I think, is a spark-level (or nearly so) gifted
              >> actress, and she was playing the role of a Heterodyne.
              >> Being a Heterodyne means you go mad and kill people. See,
              >> it almost happened again today.
              >
              > I don't think she was 'playing a role' when she was talking to Gil
              > about the plans to depose Wulfenbach and to kill the son of Klaus.

              Keep in mind what sort of rep the Wulfenbachs have...and that nobody
              knows anything much about Gil. _We_ know that he's nice (at least
              most of the time, although I would NOT want to be on the wrong end of
              his temper when it snaps!) but to most Europeans, he's an unknown
              quantity. For all they know, he's even nuttier than most Sparks, and
              has the power to really do some awful things.

              --
              "I have existed from the morning of the world, and I shall continue to exist
              until the last star falls from the sky. Although I have taken the form of

            • nielingage
              Message 6 of 19 , Jul 3, 2009
                --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "ToolMan" <Tom@...> wrote:

                > Zola could move against Agatha and lose, she could encounter others of the prisoners and they could take revenge, or (most likely) something could threaten the well being of Gil and she could make the ultimate sacrifice.

                While inside living areas DK, this would be incredibly stupid - Zola is many things, but outrageous stupidity is not indicated, especially given that DK is coming alive around them and clearly on Agatha's side. It's one thing for Zola to make her way through portions of DK that are running on automatic and quite another to be where it is fully aware.

                Now, if they have to pass through "dead" areas to reach the critical junction to repair the whole castle she might try something, but Zola would have to be aware that attempting something without being able to exit the castle is suicide; given what just happened to Mr. HeavyGuns, she'd also be aware that with other people making repairs, previous "dead" zones may be no longer...
              • Joy Beeson
                Message 7 of 19 , Jul 3, 2009
                  On 7/1/09 7:29 AM, ToolMan wrote:

                  > One other possibility occurs to me as I write this - She
                  > could be confined to Der Kestel for life with it charged
                  > as her jailer.

                  When you're on parole, your not allowed to associate with
                  people like Der Kestel.

                  If you give her the right script, Othar might make a good
                  guardian. Let her rehearse being the voice of moderation
                  and reason until she's got it down pat, and the crazier he
                  gets, the better a guardian he is.

                  --
                  Joy Beeson
                  http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jul 6, 2009
                    --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "liminaut" <liminaut@...> wrote:
                    >So Zola ordered Wilhelm to her death, but Agatha gave the execution
                    > order.

                    This could one of the reasons that Agatha helps find out about Moloch's brothers in the gunboat.

                    Also, I wonder if it might be enough to shake Moloch out of his minion status. Merlot managed to break free from Beetle with sufficient provocation.