Re: [Girl Genius] A present for the group

  • Debbie
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 1, 2004
      ><http://www.studiofoglio.com/girlgenius/gg12.preview/01.html>http://www.studiofoglio.com/girlgenius/gg12.preview/01.html

      Ooh, flashback time in more ways than one...

      I was not adventurous enough to be a Bad Girl (or perhaps I had too much to
      lose) but I had the brains, the dark brooding and a bit of the
      reputation. I had a good friend who was the Bad Guy, or as I called him
      the Big Target on Campus. Brilliant, dark, sexually magnetic (I would have
      had to check at least four of my girlfriends' schedules before sleeping
      with him), he wanted us to get serious but we were way too much alike. Our
      unremittingly dark worldviews would have had a nasty synergistic effect if
      we'd tried to live together, and I had too much sense (or fear) to want to
      fall in that hole. At the time neither one of us could see our way past
      all our problems to any positive solution. So I married his best friend,
      who could come up with solutions to problems no matter how bad they seemed.

      And everybody we knew was horrified and sure my husband-to-be was making a
      major mistake and that I'd never amount to anything good and tried to break
      us up. And 17 years, three children and one business later we're still
      together. So yeah, I can see it happening.

      But boy, those first two years were rough! It took that long before I
      really believed I Was Safe and Things Would Work Out.

      Debbie
      http://www.brigidsforge.com
      Original sterling Gothic and Pagan jewelry

      "He hasn't been the same since his spirit guide discovered object-oriented
      programming."

    • Damien Sullivan
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 12, 2004
        On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 09:54:35PM -0000, parkematru wrote:

        > > Like if she was evil at that point why did Klaus trust her that much?
        >
        > Well, Klaus is reasonably evil at this point, too, but unfortunately
        > trusted her enough to take a drink she offered

        Is he evil? She refers to his dark side, and he seems to agree with her, but
        the actual Evil Deeds associated with him seem to be Zero. He's sleeping with
        an Evil Girl, but Bill's *proposing* to her, and I'd point at Wesley and Lilah
        on "Angel".

        Assuming his judgement of her character is right, and that she's a Spark, this
        lends a bit of weight to her being the Other. Or maybe she really did change.
        Nothing like the enthusiasm of a convert to ruin your day.

        What's the first think Klaus mumbles?

        He looked odd. I realized he looks more like Gil. But of course he's 20+
        years younger.

        -xx- Damien X-)