Jaegerdrinks

  • Richard Gurley
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 27 1:15 PM
      It seems to me that the Jeagerkin would quite possibly enjoy an alcoholic beverage called Jyaegermeister. This lcorice flavored drink seems just right for them.

      Comments, Questions, Rants?

      Deepwalker

    • Jon Kelley
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 30 4:04 AM
        Not strong enough.  Perhaps a "Jagerbrau" concoction based on Bacardi 151 and (if you're into licorice flavouring) Sambuca Romana?

        Requirements as I see them:
          Very high alcohol content (recall the constitution of Jagerkin...)
          Rather strong flavour of some variety.
          Perhaps foaming in the glass?
          Of a volume that can be downed all at once with a bit of effort.

        Theo DuMedd seems to be on the right track - after he and Sleipnir met up with Gil before they went to Der Kessel ("Hey!  He's breathing again!")

        In short - something that is going to hit you like a freight train, and curl your tongue enough to give you an accent for a bit.

        Whatever we come up with, I'll take two!

      • Mary Lowe-Hentges
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 30 5:49 AM
          Once upon a time, there was a bar...

          Unfortunately the http://www.imjustdrinking.com/ server is down this morning. There are several Jaegerlike drinks there, or were... it is a wiki, and it did have a spambot attack a month ago. There are also a few people posting who have no idea how much history is behind certain liqueurs that have been around for a century or more, such as recipies that are older than they are. [/rant]

          Sorry, just a bit of residual indignation about the formulae.

          Annechen Loewenstein
          non scripta non est

        • Richard Gurley
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 30 7:53 AM
            --- On Mon, 3/30/09, Mary Lowe-Hentges <annechen67@...> wrote:
            Once upon a time, there was a bar...

            Sorry, just a bit of residual indignation about the formulae.

            Annechen Loewenstein
            non scripta non est

            If I have upset you, my Lady, I deeply regret it. I simply offered the idea because I happen to LIKE  the drink, and thought it's name and that of our favorite monsters went well together. Please forgive me for my mistake.
            Deepwalker
             ]
          • Cerrberus
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 30 8:47 AM
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Richard Gurley <deitervilhiemkahl@...> wrote:

              > It seems to me that the Jeagerkin would quite possibly enjoy an alcoholic beverage called Jyaegermeister. This lcorice flavored drink seems just right for them.
              >
              > Comments, Questions, Rants?
              >
              > Deepwalker

              Yah, sure, de Jægerkin drinkz de Jægermeister- ven dey don't gots dis:

              Cerrberus
            • Pat OConnell
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 30 1:36 PM
                --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Richard Gurley <deitervilhiemkahl@...> wrote:

                > It seems to me that the Jeagerkin would quite possibly enjoy an alcoholic beverage called Jyaegermeister. This lcorice flavored drink seems just right for them.

                Check out Clubhouse Jaeger in Minneapolis sometime:

                http://www.clubhousejaeger.com/
              • Mary Lowe-Hentges
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
                  Ach, it was just a bit of a tussle in the imjustdrinking wiki. The original Jaegermonster drink recipe, the one on the Jaegermeister website, is nearly as old as I am, predating the age of the energy drink. True, the mixture of alcohol sugar and caffeine is monstrous in the new formula, but there was a bit of an attitude presented by someone in their wiki comments, and it did make me a trifle reactionary.

                  Annechen Loewenstein
                  non scripta non est