Re: February 25, 2009 Comic

  • brellchild
    Message 1 of 49 , Mar 1, 2009
      <snipping>

      > It could be simply that the government somehow has the
      > ability to censor certain thoughts. Once you live in a
      > world where mind control really is possible and is used,
      > censoring specific anti-government thoughts seems fairly
      > limited and humane in comparison, and fits the description
      > "literally unthinkable" pretty well. (They can still form
      > *new* anti-Albia or anti-government thoughts, in terms of
      > new expressions, but once the goverment finds out, they can
      > act against them.) How they do it, I don't know; it's mad
      > science.

      Remember that side story about 'Trewlawney Thorpe,
      Spark of the Realm' that appeared in the back of
      one of the Volumes?

      In that story Lady Thorpe fought a necromancer who
      was trying to get King Arthur's crown. A crown that
      would, as it turns out to the necromancer's dismay,
      channel the spirit of King Arthur through whoever
      wore it. It also broadcast something psychic that
      gave the wearer an 'Aura of Command' - because
      after all you *have* to listen to the King.

      Given this has shown up as being available in the
      comic, albeit in a side story, and tied to England
      it's probably pretty close to what Queen Albia is
      using.
    • Sea Change
      Message 49 of 49 , Mar 5, 2009
        spydermon73 wrote:

        > [snip](and now we will degenerate into a massive off-topic political debate
        > in which I will be called many names)

        No. You. Will. Not.

        Stay on topic, Or Else.

        Yours in Science