Re: 4th Feb Strip

  • stereo_bis
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 4, 2009
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Martin J Hooper <martinjh@...>
      wrote:

      > Talk about a complete misunderstanding...
      >
      > I wonder what Othars going to do about it...

      Well, it _is_ what he saw. It _is_ the truth - as he knows it. But
      lieutenant Scorp is no Klaus Wulfenbach, and he didn't connect her
      suddent change of attitude with the destruction of her holographic
      projector. Klaus would: having worked with the the Heterodyne Boys, he
      surely knows about heterodyning, and would have made the connection -
      and probably used it to find a way to keep Lucrezia at bay - for good.
      Well, his improvement(?) to Agatha's locket did the trick anyway, but
      he doesn't know that.

      Anyway, for now, Othar is about to turn his vest about Agatha - and
      side up with the Baron! A big storytelling win!

      Also, Scorp was already a sympathetic character, but today's page ups
      his appeal quite a bit, at least to me. Not quite to the Baron's level
      (he's my number One, and only Gil comes close-but you knew that
      already ;D ), but he is a smart soldier, wise and poised in his
      opinions. He commands respect.

      Volume 9 really starts great: Stereo
    • drybrook@ymail.com
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 9, 2009
        --- David Goldfarb <goldfarb@...> wrote:
        > A still greater objection is that the voice addressed Gil immediately
        > upon Gil's entry. But Klaus knows about that entry; there has to
        > have been enough time for word to get back to him.

        I had been thinking that the Klaus-Othar panels could have occurred
        before they were published, but you've give an internal explanation of
        why this can't be. I think that conclusively eliminates Othar from
        being the voice.

        I'll have to switch my guess to 'one of the girls', e.g. Wilhelm or Zola.