Will Phil Foglio Resist Temptation?

  • John Savard
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009
      Klaus von Wulfenbach is about to offer Othar a job. One that Othar
      will find difficult to accept.

      So he will ponder it for a few seconds, perhaps.

      When pondering something, sometimes a person will look first to one
      side, and then the other.

      Given the appearance of Othar's eyes behind his visor...

      I can think of a very apt phrase by which he might signify his assent
      to the task Klaus sets upon him.
    • jwhouk
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "John Savard" <savardj@...> wrote:

        > Klaus von Wulfenbach is about to offer Othar a job. One that Othar
        > will find difficult to accept.
        >
        > So he will ponder it for a few seconds, perhaps.
        >
        > When pondering something, sometimes a person will look first to one
        > side, and then the other.
        >
        > Given the appearance of Othar's eyes behind his visor...
        >
        > I can think of a very apt phrase by which he might signify his assent
        > to the task Klaus sets upon him.

        NO. NO CYLON REFERENCES.
      • John Savard
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2009
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, jwhouk <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > NO. NO CYLON REFERENCES.

          At least it hasn't happened yet, although it still could. But now, the
          big question about Wednesday's page, after today's recap page, is...
          will Klaus reveal, not only to Othar, but for the first time to Grantz
          and Bang as well, his *Big Secret*...

          She Made Me a Revenant!
        • jwhouk
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 2, 2009
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "John Savard" <savardj@...> wrote:

            > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, jwhouk <no_reply@> wrote:
            >
            > > NO. NO CYLON REFERENCES.
            >
            > At least it hasn't happened yet, although it still could. But now, the
            > big question about Wednesday's page, after today's recap page, is...
            > will Klaus reveal, not only to Othar, but for the first time to Grantz
            > and Bang as well, his *Big Secret*...
            >
            > She Made Me a Revenant!

            Ah, but the question is:

            How many ways CAN you spell "eviscerate"?
          • stereo_bis
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 2, 2009
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, jwhouk <no_reply@...> wrote:

              > Ah, but the question is:
              >
              > How many ways CAN you spell "eviscerate"?

              Let me see. Here are the ones I can think of.

              There is the obvious: e-v-i-s-c-e-r-a-t-e
              Then, there is:
              - inadequate c-section
              - externally handled seppuku
              - vivisection of the abdominal area
              I'm sure Bang have a few dozen more

              I don't have much imagination for messy killings: Stereo
            • Claire Bickell
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 2, 2009
                2009/2/3 stereo_bis <stereo_bis@...>

                > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com <girlgenius%40yahoogroups.com>, jwhouk
                > <no_reply@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Ah, but the question is:
                > >
                > > How many ways CAN you spell "eviscerate"?
                > >
                > Let me see. Here are the ones I can think of.
                >
                > There is the obvious: e-v-i-s-c-e-r-a-t-e
                > Then, there is:
                > - inadequate c-section
                > - externally handled seppuku
                > - vivisection of the abdominal area
                > I'm sure Bang have a few dozen more
                >
                > I don't have much imagination for messy killings: Stereo
                >
                > .

                You're not thinking about it in the right way. You can spell eviscerate
                with intestines, severed fingers, limbs, strips of skin, ripped out hair,
                and so on. It's just a matter of creative arrangement.

                Claire

              • Amanda L. Servello
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 2, 2009

                  > > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com <girlgenius%40yahoogroups.com>,
                  > jwhouk
                  > > <no_reply@...> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Ah, but the question is:
                  > > >
                  > > > How many ways CAN you spell "eviscerate"?
                  > > >
                  > > Let me see. Here are the ones I can think of.
                  > >
                  > > There is the obvious: e-v-i-s-c-e-r-a-t-e
                  > > Then, there is:
                  > > - inadequate c-section
                  > > - externally handled seppuku
                  > > - vivisection of the abdominal area
                  > > I'm sure Bang have a few dozen more
                  > >
                  > > I don't have much imagination for messy killings: Stereo>
                  >
                  > You're not thinking about it in the right way. You can spell eviscerate
                  > with intestines, severed fingers, limbs, strips of skin, ripped out hair,
                  > and so on. It's just a matter of creative arrangement.
                  >
                  > Claire

                  Or just literally....

                  Eviserate, ivisserate, Eavizerate.....

                  --
                  "My attitude toward progress has passed from antagonism to boredom. I have
                  long ceased to argue with people who prefer Thursday to Wednesday because it

                • John Savard
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 2, 2009
                    --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Amanda L. Servello"
                    <headnoises@...> wrote:

                    > Or just literally....

                    > Eviserate, ivisserate, Eavizerate.....

                    Precisely. I presume that her violent tendencies are the product of a
                    very difficult childhood, with limited educational opportunities.