'Agatha' Makes an Appearance

  • Ilya McVey
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 27, 2009
      Check out today's Geeks Next Door, the last panel. Someone is
      cosplaying Agatha! Another nice nod to the Professors Foglio.

      http://www.geeksnextcomic.com/

      Cheers, Ilya
    • John Savard
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 27, 2009
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Ilya McVey <capt.nemo@...> wrote:

        > Check out today's Geeks Next Door, the last panel. Someone is
        > cosplaying Agatha! Another nice nod to the Professors Foglio.

        > http://www.geeksnextcomic.com/

        And on this earlier page,

        http://www.geeksnextcomic.com/barry18.html

        it looks like someone has Wendy's hair (from the Josh Lesnick webcomic).
      • stereo_bis
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 28, 2009
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Ilya McVey <capt.nemo@...> wrote:

          > Check out today's Geeks Next Door, the last panel. Someone is
          > cosplaying Agatha! Another nice nod to the Professors Foglio.

          I _have_ to report another reference. "Carry On" (a furries webcomic)
          for today (January 28) has a so lightly veiled reference it's actually
          a direct one: the main character, explaining mangas and comic to
          another one, pulls out comics by Gil Froglio: "Bill and Dizzy", "Grrl
          Genius" and "Insexxx".

          It's here: http://www.hirezfox.com/km/indexco.htm

          Enjoy!

          You'd believe webcomic writers have voted the Foglios "artists to wink
          to this week": Stereo
        • Elvi Dalgaard
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2009
            Don't remember seeing these mentioned here before, sorry if it's a
            repeat. This guy Mike Libby makes scultpures out of dead insects and
            watch parts, plus LEDs and other stuff. So cool!
            http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v450/n7173/full/4501163a.html
          • yumitori
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2009
              On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Elvi Dalgaard <elvi@...> wrote:
              > Don't remember seeing these mentioned here before, sorry if it's a
              > repeat. This guy Mike Libby makes scultpures out of dead insects and
              > watch parts, plus LEDs and other stuff. So cool!
              > http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v450/n7173/full/4501163a.html

              I've always been a fan of praying mantises, so I really like the
              'jet-powered' mantis -
              http://www.insectlabstudio.com/images/cicadaes/Mantis108.jpg

              The beetles are all nicely done as well.

              --
              Ron/yumitori

              "... We reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals.
              Our Founding Fathers, faced with perils we can scarcely imagine,
              drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a
              charter expanded by the blood of generations. Those ideals still light
              the world, and we will not give them up for expedience's sake."

              - President Barack Obama