bumper sticker

  • stoat50
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 14, 2004
      Do you think if Gil had a car or something, he would get a bumper
      sticker that would say "Girls with glasses are hotter."? If I had a
      car, I think I would.
    • Julie Winters
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 15, 2004
        Women With Lenses Are More Focused

        GeeK IS Sexy (that one is ThinkGeek.com's)

        stoat50 <nschmalenberger@...> wrote:
        Do you think if Gil had a car or something, he would get a bumper
        sticker that would say "Girls with glasses are hotter."? If I had a
        car, I think I would.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Stephen Hawking, as a zombie: "Branes....BRANES!"
        "Mad enough to wish for what she was not mad enough to grasp--now there was singularly useless lunacy." - Lois McMaster Bujold
        http://legato_bluesummers.tripod.com/vampire/christmas.htm

      • Debbie
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 15, 2004
          >Women With Lenses Are More Focused
          >
          >GeeK IS Sexy (that one is ThinkGeek.com's)
          >
          >stoat50 <nschmalenberger@...> wrote:
          >Do you think if Gil had a car or something, he would get a bumper
          >sticker that would say "Girls with glasses are hotter."? If I had a
          >car, I think I would.

          Dh's first crush was an actress in some awful late 70s - early 80s movie
          involving a giant crocodile. But the girl she portrayed was brave, smart,
          teenaged and wore glasses, something almost unheard of for female leads in
          those days.

          Debbie
          http://www.brigidsforge.com
          Original sterling Gothic and Pagan jewelry

          "He hasn't been the same since his spirit guide discovered object-oriented
          programming."

        • stoat50
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 15, 2004
            > Dh's first crush was an actress in some awful late 70s - early 80s
            movie
            > involving a giant crocodile. But the girl she portrayed was brave,
            smart,
            > teenaged and wore glasses, something almost unheard of for female
            leads in
            > those days.
            What movie was this? I want to see it. Who is Dh?
          • David Goldfarb
            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 15, 2004
              From: "stoat50" <nschmalenberger@...>
              >> Dh's first crush was an actress in some awful late 70s - early 80s
              >movie
              >> involving a giant crocodile. But the girl she portrayed was brave,
              >smart,
              >> teenaged and wore glasses, something almost unheard of for female
              >leads in
              >> those days.
              >
              >What movie was this? I want to see it. Who is Dh?

              I don't know what the movie was, but I'd guess that "dh" stands for
              "[my] dear husband".

              --
              David Goldfarb |"O Captain! my Captain! The engines' race is run.
              goldfarb@... | Though our ship has weathered every rack, our
              | I canna change the laws of physics. You've burned
              | them out, they're done."
            • Joseph Cotton
              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 15, 2004
                --- Julie Winters <boxoshadows@...> wrote:
                > Women With Lenses Are More Focused
                >
                > GeeK IS Sexy (that one is ThinkGeek.com's)

                TShirt Hell -- a site that sells many offensive, some
                funny, and a few funnily (is that a word?) offensive
                tee-shirts, has one that reads "Speak Nerdy to Me".

                =====
                Joseph M. Cotton sylvaton@...

                Random song quote #105
                "Somewhere some villian schemes, but his number's up"
                Correctly identify the quote and win a US 50-cent piece!
                Only $4.99 shipping and handling to claim your prize.
                Hail Eris!

                http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
              • Daiv
                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 16, 2004
                  So, listening as i am to my Weird Science, I am wondering... What
                  other songs are out there to provide a theme song to those of us who
                  WILL SHOW THEM ALL!!!
                  Weird Science - Oingo Boingo
                  She Blinded me with Science - Tomas Dolby
                  Whats He Doing in There? - Tom Waits
                  Putting on the Ritz - Gene Wilder and Peter Boyle

                  Others?

                  bless me with darkness
                  mistress of the sacred bean
                  rite of addiction

                  -Daiv
                  www.geekhaiku.com
                  AIM drnknmstrhkugk
                  YIM daivbear
                • Dava
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 16, 2004
                    --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Daiv <DAIV@c...> wrote:
                    > So, listening as i am to my Weird Science, I am wondering...
                    What
                    > other songs are out there to provide a theme song to those of us
                    who
                    > WILL SHOW THEM ALL!!!

                    Yeah, Weird Science would be the obvious choice. ;)

                    I'm really picking my brain here! We've got "Radar Love" (Golden
                    Earring), "Machinehead" (Bush), and "More Human than Human" (White
                    Zombie). If that's not a construct theme song, I don't know what
                    is! The Beastie Boys seem to love mad science, and it pops up in
                    their work here and there. "Intergalactic" would be my personal fave.

                    And if we count radically mutated lizards as constructs, "Godzilla"
                    (Blue Oyster Cult) should be at the top of the list! Not sure
                    whether Flying Purple People Eaters count, though. Probably.

                    I suppose a spark who was feeling randy might opt for "Feed My
                    Frankenstein" (Alice Cooper). Ahem.

                    Now, as for plain old SHOW THEM ALL!!!!! songs, my two favorites
                    would be "Blow Up the Outside World" (Soundgarden) and "Bad Days"
                    (Flaming Lips). Bad Days is just awesome. Hunt that one down. :)

                    I feel like I'm missing some obvious song, but it's hard to think of
                    things like that when you're prompted for them! Maybe someone else
                    will come up with a few.

                    Dava
                  • studiofoglio
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jul 16, 2004
                      "Make a Circuit With Me" by the Polecats. It's been the unofficial
                      Girl Genius theme song for ten years.

                      --Kaja

                      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Dava" <dizzydava@a...>
                      wrote:
                      > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Daiv <DAIV@c...> wrote:
                      > > So, listening as i am to my Weird Science, I am wondering...
                      > What
                      > > other songs are out there to provide a theme song to those of
                      us
                      > who
                      > > WILL SHOW THEM ALL!!!
                    • Dava
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 16, 2004
                        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, studiofoglio <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                        > "Make a Circuit With Me" by the Polecats. It's been the unofficial
                        > Girl Genius theme song for ten years.
                        >
                        > --Kaja

                        I've.... never heard of that one! LOL! Wow, do I miss Napster now.

                        Dava
                      • parkematru
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jul 16, 2004
                          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Daiv <DAIV@c...> wrote:
                          > So, listening as i am to my Weird Science, I am wondering... What
                          > other songs are out there to provide a theme song to those of us who
                          > WILL SHOW THEM ALL!!!

                          Science Genius Girl - Freezepop
                          Evil Gal Blues - Aretha Frnklin
                          Evil Genius - Pat Benatar
                          Tesla Girls - OMD
                          Fuzzy -The Incredible Moses Leroy
                          Cyclops Rock - They Might Be Giants
                          Some Fantastic - Barenaked Ladies
                        • Pete Hartman
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jul 16, 2004
                            Got 99 cents?
                            http://www.nervous.co.uk/polecats.htm

                            On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 00:57:21 -0000, Dava <dizzydava@...> wrote:
                            > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, studiofoglio <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                            > > "Make a Circuit With Me" by the Polecats. It's been the unofficial
                            > > Girl Genius theme song for ten years.
                            > >
                            > > --Kaja
                            >
                            > I've.... never heard of that one! LOL! Wow, do I miss Napster now.
                            >

                            > Dava
                            >

                            > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          • Pete Hartman
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jul 16, 2004
                              oh bah, I didn't look closely enough, they don't have an MP3 of that
                              particular song. Sorry to get hopes up.

                              On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 21:38:44 -0500, Pete Hartman <pete.hartman@...> wrote:
                              > Got 99 cents?
                              > http://www.nervous.co.uk/polecats.htm
                              >

                              > On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 00:57:21 -0000, Dava <dizzydava@...> wrote:
                              > > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, studiofoglio <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                              > > > "Make a Circuit With Me" by the Polecats. It's been the unofficial
                              > > > Girl Genius theme song for ten years.
                              > > >
                              > > > --Kaja
                              > >
                              > > I've.... never heard of that one! LOL! Wow, do I miss Napster now.
                              > >

                              > > Dava
                              > >

                              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                            • Tim O'Brien
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jul 17, 2004
                                --- parkematru <spark27@...> wrote:

                                > Evil Genius - Pat Benatar

                                Evil Genius is more about a strait-up murderer, isnt'
                                it?

                                =====
                                _____
                                TSOB
                                Timothy Squire O'Brien

                                Defeat Bush 2004.

                              • Tim O'Brien
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jul 17, 2004
                                  --- Dava <dizzydava@...> wrote:

                                  > I feel like I'm missing some obvious song, but it's
                                  > hard to think of
                                  > things like that when you're prompted for them!
                                  > Maybe someone else
                                  > will come up with a few.

                                  This isn't it; "Built to Last," by Tom Petty and the
                                  Heartbreakers, apparently about a love between two
                                  machines, or one machine's love for another, or
                                  somesuch.

                                  =====
                                  _____
                                  TSOB
                                  Timothy Squire O'Brien

                                  Defeat Bush 2004.

                                • parkematru
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jul 17, 2004
                                    --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Tim O'Brien <merctim@y...> wrote:
                                    > --- parkematru <spark27@s...> wrote:
                                    > > Evil Genius - Pat Benatar
                                    >
                                    > Evil Genius is more about a strait-up murderer, isnt'
                                    > it?

                                    Pft. Okay, so look at it as being about a spark that decided to SHOW
                                    THEM ALL!
                                  • Mary Lowe-Hentges
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jul 17, 2004
                                      Weird Science - Oingo Boingo
                                      She Blinded me with Science - Tomas Dolby
                                      Whats He Doing in There? - Tom Waits
                                      Putting on the Ritz - Gene Wilder and Peter Boyle

                                      The Elements - Tom Lehrer
                                      The Sun; Mammals; and The Guitar - They Might Be Giants

                                      and what about the Science Rock soundtrack?

                                      Annechen Loewenstein
                                      non scripta non est

                                    • Mary Lowe-Hentges
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jul 17, 2004
                                        "This isn't it; "Built to Last," by Tom Petty and the
                                        Heartbreakers, apparently about a love between two
                                        machines, or one machine's love for another, or
                                        somesuch. "

                                        What about ELO's Yours Truly 2095?

                                        The album is Time, and Husband (who was reading over my shoulder) suggested the whole album.

                                        Annechen Loewenstein
                                        non scripta non est

                                      • pmaclanderson
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jul 17, 2004
                                          Lobachevskiy -Tom Lehrer
                                          Symphonie Mechanique - George Antheil (of Trenton NJ)
                                          [not that that's singable, exactly]

                                          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Mary Lowe-Hentges

                                          Message 20 of 22 , Jul 18, 2004
                                            --- Tim O'Brien <merctim@...> wrote:
                                            > This isn't it; "Built to Last," by Tom Petty and the
                                            > Heartbreakers, apparently about a love between two
                                            > machines, or one machine's love for another, or
                                            > somesuch.

                                            "It Was Automation" ("It Was Fascination") by Allen
                                            Sherman, from "My Son the Nut" -- A song about a
                                            machine's love for a man, or more precisely, the man's
                                            rejection of same.

                                            "There's an IBM 503... standing next to me, dear,
                                            where you used to be..."

                                            =====
                                            Joseph M. Cotton sylvaton@...

                                            Random song quote #105
                                            "Somewhere some villian schemes, but his number's up"
                                            Correctly identify the quote and win a US 50-cent piece!
                                            Only $4.99 shipping and handling to claim your prize.
                                            Hail Eris!

                                            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                                          • Wayne B. Houseknecht
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Oct 31, 2004
                                              Yes, this thread is nearly four (4) months old. So what, I never archive my
                                              mail!
                                              Evil Geniuses *never* throw anything out! (mail, pizza boxes, defeated
                                              adversaries, etc.)
                                              You never know when you might need them!

                                              I finally found the lyrics for this thing. I've never heard it, but am still
                                              looking.

                                              Pole Cats, "Make A Circuit With me"

                                              A sweet romance is not for me
                                              I need electricity
                                              If you wanna make me flip
                                              Hit me with a micro chip

                                              I'll be a diode, cathode, electrode
                                              Overload, generator, oscillator
                                              Make a circuit with me

                                              Just plug in and go-go-go
                                              I'll be a human dynamo
                                              Signals in my power cord
                                              Impuls on my circuit board

                                              I'll be a diode, cathode, electrode
                                              Overload, generator, oscillator
                                              Make a circuit with me

                                              I'm an AC/DC man
                                              You can read my circuit diagram
                                              I feed on electric jolts
                                              I need fifty-thousand volts

                                              I'll be a diode, cathode, electrode
                                              Overload, generator, oscillator
                                              Make a circuit with me

                                              A sweet romance is not for me
                                              I really need electricity
                                              If you wanna make me flip
                                              Come on and hit me with a micro chip

                                              I'm an AC/DC man
                                              You can read my circuit diagram
                                              I feed on electric jolts
                                              I need fifty-thousand volts

                                              > "Make a Circuit With Me" by the Polecats. It's been the unofficial
                                              > Girl Genius theme song for ten years.
                                              >
                                              > --Kaja
                                            • Mary Lowe-Hentges
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Nov 11, 2004
                                                "I finally found the lyrics for this thing. I've never heard it, but am still looking.

                                                Pole Cats, "Make A Circuit With me""

                                                I found my copy on Amazon - kicky, with a touch of Setzer.

                                                Annechen Loewenstein
                                                non scripta non est