CalSteamcon photos

  • Erin C.
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2008
      Team Dingbot had a great time at Steam Powered and I thought I'd share
      some GG related photos. First off however, I'd like to comment that I
      can't say enough good things about the convention organizers and the
      staff of the Domain and Wild Palms hotels. They were all extremely
      helpful and courteous, and went out of their way to make sure everyone
      had a good time. In addition, the people I met there were lovely and
      well spoken, and the Foglios, Alice Bently, and Abney Park were very
      kind and accessible to their fans. Good job Steam Powered!

      Can you believe they didn't have airship parking though? Shocking! We
      decided to shrink the dirigible:
      http://tinyurl.com/6cbcpy

      Not before Othar burned some holes in it unfortunately.

      Phil: Congratulations ma'am, it's a zeppelin!
      http://tinyurl.com/6nhwz3

      Me: Efferyvun luff a man vit a nize zeppelin.
      Alice Bently: Well it *is* a rigid airframe.
      http://tinyurl.com/56gmzw

      Everyone loved the Matt Porr dirigible sculpture we brought for our
      display so much we had trouble getting it out of the dealer's room after
      we'd shown it to the Foglios.

      Me: Wow, wait 'til we tell Matt how much everyone likes his sculpture.
      Kathryn: Yeah, we're never going to be able to leave with it.
      Me: I wonder what's sexier, Zeppelins or Jaegers?
      Beth: Jaegers.
      Me: Well, I dunno, airships--
      Beth: Jaegers.
      Me: Yeah, you're right.

      The Jaegers and the Circus of Adventure teamed up to spirit Agatha off
      to a fancy dress party:
      http://tinyurl.com/5tcezl

      Where an agent of the Baron (or maybe it was the Baron himself in
      disguise) taught her how to dance:
      http://tinyurl.com/6llotu

      By the way sir, should you read this list, thank you very much, it was
      lots of fun.

      Gil helps Agatha with Dingbot Prime. Awwww...
      http://tinyurl.com/6e6zk3

      I'm sad this picture didn't come out. The couple above (yes, they
      introduced themselves properly, I'm just completely pathetic at names)
      made a cute little dingbot Prime out of doorknob parts and miscellany.
      SQUEE!:
      http://tinyurl.com/5nj9vc

      Gil and Agatha examine Jake von Slatt's latest creation. You can tell
      Agatha already has a number of improvements in mind:
      http://tinyurl.com/5etwmt

      All the Girl Genius cosplayers came out of the woodwork on Saturday.
      Made me sad that I'd switched to pirate gear for the Abney Park concert:
      http://tinyurl.com/6qczhk

      Welcome to Air Mechanicsburg. Stewardesses will be arriving shortly to
      serve coffee, tea, and the blood of the innocent. In event of a water
      landing, please grab the nearest Jaegermonster for use as a flotation
      device. Keep your hands and arms inside the gondola at all times,
      otherwise, you will be handed over to the masters for "medical"
      experimentation:
      http://tinyurl.com/6cyarb

      Non GG related pictures will be arriving in that album shortly,
      including lots of Abney Park, should you want to peruse them. Our
      pictures didn't come out that great, I was too lazy to spend a lot of
      time messing with the settings on my camera, and the lighting in the
      hotel wasn't the best for photos. To see the cool kids' photos, I'd go
      here:
      http://www.flickr.com/groups/steampoweredconvention/

      ern
      *

      *

      --

      "And so long as the irresponsible explore unknown lands, we need never fear..."
      ~The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2008

        > Me: Wow, wait 'til we tell Matt how much everyone likes his sculpture.
        > Kathryn: Yeah, we're never going to be able to leave with it.
        > Me: I wonder what's sexier, Zeppelins or Jaegers?
        > Beth: Jaegers.
        > Me: Well, I dunno, airships--
        > Beth: Jaegers.
        > Me: Yeah, you're right.