Waitaminnit....

  • FK
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2008
      Wouldn't at least some of that jeering crowd have been on the ramparts
      to witness Gil's not-funny slapdown of the battle clanks? Or at least
      have heard about it? I would think they'd recognize him, or at least
      know that the Baron's son was in town. Nicky
    • McClure, Kate (DEX-BLV)
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2008
        Wouldn't at least some of that jeering crowd have been on the ramparts
        to witness Gil's not-funny slapdown of the battle clanks? Or at least
        have heard about it? I would think they'd recognize him, or at least
        know that the Baron's son was in town. Nicky
        -------------------------
        Maybe, but there are some things to consider. One is that, even if they
        *were* on the wall, I doubt they got a very good look at Gil. Certainly
        nothing close-up.

        Also, players are quick to pick up on a money-making opportunity. I
        would imagine that there may be several groups already doing skits and
        stories about the recent events, as well as minstrels singing melodies
        they've whipped up in the last few hours.

        Thus, the assumption that this couldn't *possibly* be the *actual*
        Gilgamesh Wulfenback is reasonable. Wrong, but reasonable.

        Kate McClure
        Who loves how Gil has turned this to his advantage.

      • Sam Dyuaaxchs
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2008

          > Also, players are quick to pick up on a money-making opportunity. I
          > would imagine that there may be several groups already doing skits and
          > stories about the recent events, as well as minstrels singing melodies
          > they've whipped up in the last few hours.
          >
          > Thus, the assumption that this couldn't *possibly* be the *actual*
          > Gilgamesh Wulfenback is reasonable. Wrong, but reasonable.

          In that case, Gil had better have something ready to make sure the story is
          spread, and to at least introduce reasonable doubt in his father's mind that
          it's him and not just a player who lost sight of the fact that it's supposed
          to be a story.

          Okay, someone voluntarily entering the castle will probably make the story
          spread (with less discrimination over who hears than Zeetha's . . . outfit).

          Something sufficiently sparky might prove his identity to those who need to
          know. Mention of green hair might also narrow the possibilities. What else?
          "Tell my father!"?