Re: [Girl Genius] I didn't even recognize Theo!

  • Jefferson
    Message 1 of 32 , Sep 30, 2008
      sanf_sara wrote:
      > Sleipnir looks a little different too, but it's hard to mistake that
      > red hair and mechanic's outfit.

      Really? I recognized Theo at once.

      I had problems with Sleipner, because, if you look again, that's
      not a mechanics outfit she's wearing. (Though I'm sure there are
      all sorts of handy little gadgets in her belt.) As a matter of
      fact, I'm pretty sure she's wearing a dress.

      --
      Jefferson
      http://manor.meanspc.com/fiction/
      Message 32 of 32 , Oct 5, 2008
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Sounness" <babylon_tom@...>
        wrote:

        > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Rewa" <rewastev@> wrote:

        > > Heterodyne
        > >
        > > > That's because Theo's claim to rank amongst the student / hostages
        > > was
        > > > that he was related to the Heterodynes through marriage.
        > >
        > > On top of that, he's just a big fan of the Heterodyne boys. He writes
        > > his own fan fiction. Him wearing a trylobite is like us wearing a
        > > sweatshirt for a local sports team or something.
        > >
        > > -Stev
        > >

        > Wearing trilobytes could be
        >
        > a) branding while safely in Mechanicsburg.
        > b) camoflage while in Mecanicsburg
        > c) declaration of house loyalty
        > d) Signifying a break from House of Klaus
        > e) Just a thing to wear
        >
        > but if no other character ever makes reference to such a thing, a
        > badge or declaration of loyalty (buy taking one off and replacing it
        > with another) why focus on something that is purely a visual affection
        > to assist us, the readers, to know a characters orientation.
        >
        > I'd love to see collection of the emblems - like the english queen's
        > etc., but I know of ...
        >
        > The Trilobyte
        > The Castle
        > The Lightning Bolt
        > (recent discussion)
        > The Beetle
        > http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20021202
        >
        > Thom

        In the Blueprints, there was a little thing saying that a lot of
        people wore trilobites out of the hope that the Heterodyne boys would
        return. So Agatha's wasn't at all strange, at least on the outside.