[Girl Genius] Re: The Voice of "Der Kessel"

  • chembiogrrl
    Message 1 of 43 , Sep 1, 2008
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "dragonland2001"
      <dragonland2001@...> wrote:
      > once I started thinking "female" for Der Kessel, the next thought on
      > the heels of that was "naughty little girl" - maybe a meaner version
      > of Little Orphan Annie. ("Naughty" in this case referring to general
      > attitute, and wandering dangerously close to sociopathy...)

      You mean, like Emily the Strange?

      http://www.emilystrange.com/Shop/Collectables/Books_Comics/

      --Kathryn
    • jsheikg
      Message 43 of 43 , Sep 1, 2008
        > Just thought of something! The Castle is schizoid, right?
        > So we wouldn't have to settle for just one voice.

        Very true!
        Even to the point of changing voice in mid sentence (Ala Berserker) ,
        and certainly between the separated sections.
        Some several of the professional voice actors and actresses who do
        anime can do multiple voices quite convincingly _and_ make your skin
        crawl. You don't have to have a famous face to go with the voice.
        I particularly like the idea of at least one voice being that of a
        mischievous child, and there is no shortage of child-like voice
        talent. Just recall the roll-call of voices for the Tachicomas in
        Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex.
        I can just imagine CH echoing with malevolent giggles!