[Girl Genius] Re: The Voice of "Der Kessel"

  • dragonland2001
    Message 1 of 43 , Aug 31, 2008
      > Wouldn't it be creepier if it were a sweet-sounding girl's
      > voice like the computer voice in _Star Trek: TOS?_

      I'm sure it would, but I just never made that logical leap.

      However, if we did do a female voice, I don't think Majel Barrett is
      going to be what we'd be after. Someone much younger - possibly
      pre-pubescent, so you'd get that girlish giggle and much more
      innocense right before someone gets clobbered...

      Not to disparage Majel Barrett at all (and what an interesting
      moniker. I'd not run into anyone else called "Majel" to date,) but
      once I started thinking "female" for Der Kessel, the next thought on
      the heels of that was "naughty little girl" - maybe a meaner version
      of Little Orphan Annie. ("Naughty" in this case referring to general
      attitute, and wandering dangerously close to sociopathy...)
    • jsheikg
      Message 43 of 43 , Sep 1, 2008
        > Just thought of something! The Castle is schizoid, right?
        > So we wouldn't have to settle for just one voice.

        Very true!
        Even to the point of changing voice in mid sentence (Ala Berserker) ,
        and certainly between the separated sections.
        Some several of the professional voice actors and actresses who do
        anime can do multiple voices quite convincingly _and_ make your skin
        crawl. You don't have to have a famous face to go with the voice.
        I particularly like the idea of at least one voice being that of a
        mischievous child, and there is no shortage of child-like voice
        talent. Just recall the roll-call of voices for the Tachicomas in
        Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex.
        I can just imagine CH echoing with malevolent giggles!