Re: Strinbecks Darwin Award

  • Frank C. Martinez IV
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2008
      The captain looks like a gallant fellow. I don't think he'll do
      anything so crude as to toss the Count overboard. More like, "Ensign,
      escort his <Countedness?> to the nearest lifeboat." Then, since he
      doesn't want to leave Mechanicsburg airspace, why, point his vehicle
      in that direction. The torchpersons might even go after the nearer
      target first and, unfortunately, miss the main target.

      Less weight and even a bit of a distraction. Much more diplomatic. I
      like it.
      iv

      -- "Two nasty lookin' switches over there, but I'm not going to be
      the first."
      Marty Feldman, "Young Frankenstein"
    • Thomas Sounness
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2008
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Frank C. Martinez IV"
        <soldadomestizo@...> wrote:

        > The captain looks like a gallant fellow. I don't think he'll do
        > anything so crude as to toss the Count overboard. More like, "Ensign,
        > escort his <Countedness?> to the nearest lifeboat." Then, since he
        > doesn't want to leave Mechanicsburg airspace, why, point his vehicle
        > in that direction. The torchpersons might even go after the nearer
        > target first and, unfortunately, miss the main target.
        >
        > Less weight and even a bit of a distraction. Much more diplomatic. I
        > like it.
        > iv
        >
        > -- "Two nasty lookin' switches over there, but I'm not going to be
        > the first."
        > Marty Feldman, "Young Frankenstein"

        While I like this lots, methinks speed is of the essence. (grab,
        chuck, wail, skewer)

        As a good 'bad' person is hard to find, I am also leaning towards
        thinking that His Royal Poutyness Strinbeck will survive and that
        Klaus's troops will somehow save his flailing flying hide. (grab,
        chuck, wail, bounce/burn, bounce/singe, bounce/ouch, caught, Dr Sin,
        interrogation, the real backer discovered, a-ha!)

        mmm - on Wiki'ing 'count' it seems the title means 'companion/delegate
        to the emperor' so who is this emperor?

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count

        :t

        Thought : is the dirigibles filled with hydrogen? - there could be a
        boom when the first torchman arrives. :-[
      • soldadomestizo@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1, 2008
          But throwing the good County (didn't they call them that in Shakespeare) doesn't solve the Captain's dilemma. If the torchdudes are attracted to size, an emergency gig is bigger (and might make a satisfying kaboom). If they are heat-seeking, there are more warm bodies aboard the zeppelin. If the slow-moving, big, pink thing is going to survive it needs JATO units. Or IR counter measures. Or someone to untie the knot in the end of the balloon so it ca go "phhttt" really fast.
          And while too heads are better than one, we still haven't seen the pickled results of Dr. Sin's earlier operation. No, I vote for "grab/chuck/wail/bounce/burn/splat". After all, we'd hardly miss him. Let the Baron interrogate the head. Or the fat guy.
          iv
        • flame_of_anor_739
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 2, 2008
            > the real backer discovered, a-ha!

            I'm sure I remember someone saying that they don't know who Zola is but
            that her backers are Oublenmach and Strinbeck. Probably Carson,
            Vanamonde, Gil, or Klaus, but I'm too lazy to look it up.
          • Michael
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 2, 2008
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "flame_of_anor_739"
              <rocketman0739@...> wrote:

              > > the real backer discovered, a-ha!
              >
              > I'm sure I remember someone saying that they don't know who Zola is but
              > that her backers are Oublenmach and Strinbeck. Probably Carson,
              > Vanamonde, Gil, or Klaus, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

              It was Vanamonde.