Re: [Girl Genius] CAN YOU FLY SUCKER

  • Joseph Riggs
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 31, 2008
      --- On Thu, 7/31/08, G.A.Brown <midnight45@...> wrote:

      > From: G.A.Brown <midnight45@...>
      > Subject: [Girl Genius] CAN YOU FLY SUCKER
      > To: girlgenius@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 9:23 PM
      > ROFL I just saw the page for 08/01/08 and laughed myself to
      > tears! I
      > swear I could hear Keven Bacon using the line from Tremors
      > "CAN YOU
      > FLY SUCKER" (edited for all readers).

      There's always the Robocop version (modified for who it's aimed at)...

      "Can you fly, Strinbeck?"

      :P

      Eumerin
    • jethomas3182
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1 12:16 AM
        "G.A.Brown" <midnight45@...> wrote:

        > ROFL I just saw the page for 08/01/08 and laughed myself to tears! I
        > swear I could hear Keven Bacon using the line from Tremors "CAN YOU
        > FLY SUCKER" (edited for all readers). Looks like Stinebeck is about
        > to learn why your always nice to the Captain of the ship you on Air
        > or Sea.

        So now that the joke is told, they're going to do something else. What
        could it be?
      • Thomas Sounness
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 1 3:03 AM
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jethomas3182" <jethomas5@...> wrote:

          > "G.A.Brown" <midnight45@> wrote:
          > >
          > > ROFL I just saw the page for 08/01/08 and laughed myself to tears! I
          > > swear I could hear Keven Bacon using the line from Tremors "CAN YOU
          > > FLY SUCKER" (edited for all readers). Looks like Stinebeck is about
          > > to learn why your always nice to the Captain of the ship you on Air
          > > or Sea.
          >
          > So now that the joke is told, they're going to do something else. What
          > could it be?

          Well, somehow (I hope) they are all going to survive.

          It seems clear that they are all becoming minor characters, a
          substantial step up from peons, targets and redshirts. (YAY!)

          For the old timer, I am anticipating his relaxing ale story in the
          local Mechanicsberg pub quite a lot, and hoping that his surname on his
          mothers side is 'higgs'.

          Dunno about the Captain himself, not quite attached to him.

          Stienbeck can be skewered to a flying lamp-post as far as I care :)

          :t
        • khall39
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 1 7:51 AM
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Riggs <eumerin@...> wrote:

            (schnippe)
            > > swear I could hear Keven Bacon using the line from Tremors
            > > "CAN YOU
            > > FLY SUCKER" (edited for all readers).
            >
            > There's always the Robocop version (modified for who it's aimed at)...
            >
            > "Can you fly, Strinbeck?"

            Captain said "Strinbeck, can you fly?"
            But Strinbeck couldn't fly...Strinbeck died
            Those are people who died, died

            (Or maybe not. Tune in Monday--same trilobite time, same trilobite
            channel.)

            Ken
          • royal.fire
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 1 7:53 AM
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Sounness" <babylon_tom@...>
              wrote:

              > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jethomas3182" <jethomas5@> wrote:
              > >
              > > "G.A.Brown" <midnight45@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > ROFL I just saw the page for 08/01/08 and laughed myself to tears! I
              > > > swear I could hear Keven Bacon using the line from Tremors "CAN YOU
              > > > FLY SUCKER" (edited for all readers). Looks like Stinebeck is about
              > > > to learn why your always nice to the Captain of the ship you on Air
              > > > or Sea.
              > >
              > > So now that the joke is told, they're going to do something else. What
              > > could it be?
              > >

              > Well, somehow (I hope) they are all going to survive.
              >
              > It seems clear that they are all becoming minor characters, a
              > substantial step up from peons, targets and redshirts. (YAY!)
              >
              > For the old timer, I am anticipating his relaxing ale story in the
              > local Mechanicsberg pub quite a lot, and hoping that his surname on his
              > mothers side is 'higgs'.
              >
              > Dunno about the Captain himself, not quite attached to him.
              >
              > Stienbeck can be skewered to a flying lamp-post as far as I care :)
              >
              > :t

              I predict someone realizing that the big heterodyne logo on the side
              is a Bad Idea and someone else volunteering to take it off. That
              combined with the successful finding of something else to dump :-D
              should be sufficient to get most of the firemen away.
            • McClure, Kate (DEX-BLV)
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 1 9:21 AM
                > > > FLY SUCKER" (edited for all readers). Looks like Stinebeck is
                about
                > > > to learn why your always nice to the Captain of the ship you on
                Air
                > > > or Sea.
                > >
                > > So now that the joke is told, they're going to do something else.
                What
                > > could it be?
                ---------------------
                There might be a mad chase through the airship as Stienbeck realizes
                just what his fate is about to be. I could see part of the crew after
                him, while the rest try valiantly to fight off the torchmen, put out the
                fires, and get away from Mechanicsburgh airspace.

                This could be quite the romp!

                Kate McClure
                Who really hopes Kraddok makes it.

              • Mary Lowe-Hentges
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 1 3:54 PM
                  [(schnippe)

                  > > swear I could hear Keven Bacon using the line from Tremors

                  > > "CAN YOU

                  > > FLY SUCKER" (edited for all readers).

                  > There's always the Robocop version (modified for who it's aimed at)...

                  > "Can you fly, Strinbeck?"

                  Captain said "Strinbeck, can you fly?"

                  But Strinbeck couldn't fly...Strinbeck died

                  Those are people who died, died

                  (Or maybe not. Tune in Monday--same trilobite time, same trilobite

                  channel.)]

                  Ken, Strinbeck is NOBODY's friend.

                • flame_of_anor_739
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 1 10:35 PM
                    --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Donovan Willett" <ravenhull@...>
                    wrote:

                    > One question. Can our royal personage execute a proper Goofy Holler?

                    Or perhaps a Wilhelm Yell, as he falls on her head.
                  • Prof. Zarchne (of Zarkhnistan)
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 4 2:24 AM
                      On Sat, Aug 02, 2008 at 05:35:42AM -0000, flame_of_anor_739 wrote:
                      > Or perhaps a Wilhelm Yell, as he falls on her head.

                      Ah, yes; given today's page, the Wilhelm
                      (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_scream) is definitely
                      an appropriate sound effect for the end of Friday's.