Re: [Girl Genius] Re: Der Kestle's Mind games

  • Damien Sullivan
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 2, 2008
      On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 02:20:00PM -0400, Marybeth Griffin wrote:
      > On 7/2/08, McClure, Kate (DEX-BLV) <kate.mcclure@...> wrote:
      > > I can't seem to locate the image right now, but there is a flashback of
      > > Faustus Heterodyne, in which he seems to be causing some masonry to defy
      > > gravity. Given such parameters, I would think that various uses would be
      > > found for such a handy trick. Maybe this particular SparkToy is part of
      > > what makes the various rooms in Der Kestle move around? Would be handy,
      > > that . . .
      >
      > http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20070803

      Ah, I'd forgotten that scene! So yes, seems a theme.

      -xx- Damien X-)
    • Paolo
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 4, 2008
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Marybeth Griffin" <alanafiona@...>
        wrote:

        > On 7/2/08, McClure, Kate (DEX-BLV) <kate.mcclure@...> wrote:
        > > I can't seem to locate the image right now, but there is a
        flashback of
        > > Faustus Heterodyne, in which he seems to be causing some masonry
        to defy
        > > gravity. Given such parameters, I would think that various uses
        would be
        > > found for such a handy trick. Maybe this particular SparkToy is
        part of
        > > what makes the various rooms in Der Kestle move around? Would be
        handy,
        > > that . . .
        >
        > http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20070803
        >
        > marybeth

        While there are a lot of mechanisms in Der Kestle, so much that it's
        taking years just to understand them a bit, I am thinking that the
        "anti-gravity machine" is the most important device of it. Maybe that
        Zola's plan to kill the castle is to destroy such device?

        Paolo
      • John Savard
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 6, 2008
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, jwhouk <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > This is it, kids - this is THE test. She gets across the bridge, she's
          > the Heterodyne.

          Although that wasn't _exactly_ true, it's close enough. THE test is
          coming up now.