OT - History in the Back Yard (Re: J├Ągerbrew on tap in the american civil war?)

  • McClure, Kate (DEX-BLV)
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2 11:48 AM
      My ancestors were one of those recruits. Union soldiers hid their
      horses in the Hanover homestead barn and climbed a tree to spy on JEB
      Stuart's cavalry as it attempted to flank the Union lines at
      Gettysburg. The anniversary of that would have been this past Monday.

      Very cool! On the farm where I grew up, there had previously been a fort, which was attacked by natives, and lost a few soldiers that way. In fact, the last of the soldiers to be killed in a local 'Indian War' is buried in the local cemetery.

      By the way, since this is OT, if folks want to share stories off-list about such things, we might be able to set something up for that. Let me know privately if this is of interest.

      Kate McClure
      We now return you to your regularly scheduled mayhem, madness and chaos.