Re: Slightly Better Than Death

  • dbeard05602
    Message 1 of 22 , May 2, 2008
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Leaverton"
      <elly_leaverton@...> wrote:

      > Oh that label just killed me! I'm gonna gather up all my vile green
      > cough medicine and put it in an old antique bottle with that label.
      > It's just perfect!
      > Can you imagine offering that to someone?
      >
      > Elly

      Is it just me or does that look a lot like a bottle of Mountain Dew?
    • Hannah
      Message 2 of 22 , May 2, 2008
        > Can you imagine offering that to someone?

        "Uhm, I think I might just take an asprin... If it's all the same to
        you..."

        Lol :)
      • Donovan Willett
        Message 3 of 22 , May 2, 2008
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "dbeard05602" <dbeard05602@...> wrote:

          > Is it just me or does that look a lot like a bottle of Mountain Dew?

          Truth in advertising?

          And (due to that drink being the national drink of so many) now for my next imatation, Jessie Owens.
        • Steven Rewa
          Message 4 of 22 , May 2, 2008
            wrote:
            > Is it just me or does that look a lot like a bottle of Mountain Dew?

            No. It says BETTER than death.

            -Stev
          • fenriswolf001
            Message 5 of 22 , May 2, 2008
              <elly_leaverton@...> wrote:

              > Oh that label just killed me! I'm gonna gather up all my vile green
              > cough medicine and put it in an old antique bottle with that label.
              > It's just perfect!
              > Can you imagine offering that to someone?
              >
              > Elly

              I used to work for Walgreens, and one day I wnoticed an odd brand of
              cough medicine on the shelf. It's one of the old patent medicines
              that survived all the transitions:

              NEW
              IMPROVED TASTE

              666
              COLD PREPARATION

              FAMILY TRUSTED
              FOR OVER
              90 YEARS

              Now *that's* a name you can trust! If HE doesn't know how to cool
              someone down when they're burning up, who does?

              Fenris
            • Sheri
              Message 6 of 22 , May 2, 2008
                Hannah wrote:

                > > Can you imagine offering that to someone?
                > >

                > "Uhm, I think I might just take an asprin... If it's all the same to
                > you..."
                >
                > Lol :)

                I think I've been forced to take some of that before. Oh wait, mine was
                called "something that will make you wish you were dead". Different
                stuff, obviously.
              • Erin C.
                Message 7 of 22 , May 2, 2008
                  dbeard05602 wrote:
                  > Is it just me or does that look a lot like a bottle of Mountain Dew?

                  Mountain Dew or Jaegermeister. :) but what's the difference, one vile
                  liquid in a green bottle is as good as another right?

                  ern
                  I'd say it was Midori, but that's too gross even for Jagers.

                  --

                  "I can be tactful. I just generally don't see the point."
                  ~Digger
                  Message 8 of 22 , May 2, 2008
                    --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Erin C." <sonyadora@...> wrote:
                    > I'd say it was Midori, but that's too gross even for Jagers.

                    What's wrong with Midori?
                    ...as a cocktail ingredient that is.
                  • Marybeth Griffin
                    Message 9 of 22 , May 3, 2008
                      On 5/2/08, Erin C. <sonyadora@...> wrote:
                      > dbeard05602 wrote:
                      > > Is it just me or does that look a lot like a bottle of Mountain Dew?
                      > >

                      > Mountain Dew or Jaegermeister. :) but what's the difference, one vile
                      > liquid in a green bottle is as good as another right?
                      >
                      > ern
                      > I'd say it was Midori, but that's too gross even for Jagers.

                      ...I like Midori.

                      Especially in Antifreeze.

                      marybeth
                      Recipe provided upon request ;)
                    • Devi Batti-Loupstein
                      Message 10 of 22 , May 3, 2008
                        <elly_leaverton@...> wrote:

                        > Oh that label just killed me! I'm gonna gather up all my vile green
                        > cough medicine and put it in an old antique bottle with that label.
                        > It's just perfect!
                        > Can you imagine offering that to someone?
                        >
                        > Elly

                        Made you guys something! I'm pretty sure I could make it even nicer,
                        but maybe when I have more time.

                        http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/chibiwakki/betterthandeath.jpg
                      • Cerrberus
                        Message 11 of 22 , May 4, 2008
                          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Devi Batti-Loupstein"
                          <chibiwakki@...> wrote:

                          > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Leaverton"
                          > <elly_leaverton@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Oh that label just killed me! I'm gonna gather up all my vile green
                          > > cough medicine and put it in an old antique bottle with that label.
                          > > It's just perfect!
                          > > Can you imagine offering that to someone?
                          > >
                          > > Elly
                          > >
                          > Made you guys something! I'm pretty sure I could make it even nicer,
                          > but maybe when I have more time.
                          >
                          > http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/chibiwakki/betterthandeath.jpg

                          Niize!!

                          Cerrberus

                          Fartin' around is its own reason.
                          --Zebra Girl (http://zebragirl.keenspot.com)
                        • dirk r. festus festerling
                          Message 12 of 22 , May 4, 2008
                            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "tobiasaberg" <tobiasaberg@...>
                            wrote:

                            > What's wrong with Midori?

                            Melon flavoured liquor?

                            the only acceptable form of melons with alcohol is a bowl of watermelon
                            punch with whole fruits!

                            of course, working for the dortmund brewery museum i must state there´s
                            no acceptable form of alcohol if it´s not based on barley.
                            even the way our scottish and irish brethen prevent the barley from
                            turning into beer borders on blasphemy.
                            anything else just happens to have the same chemical formula.

                            maybe this is the right place to mention that german "Jägermeister"
                            company invited me to a party weekend in Berlin, all expenses paid.
                            first class train tickets already arrived, so i guess the hotel at
                            Potsdamer Platz where the Party tickets shall be waiting for me in 13
                            days will be real, too.
                            i just fear the sweet stuff might cause some headache. last spring´s
                            Finland trip sponsored by a almost homonymic wodka company caused no
                            headaches at all, just some major muscle aches from skidoo- , dog- and
                            reindeer-sled-driving.
                          • Aori K
                            Message 13 of 22 , May 4, 2008
                              "of course, working for the dortmund brewery museum i must state there´s
                              no acceptable form of alcohol if it´s not based on barley."

                              I take it then that you dont approve of Nihonshu/Sake then, wich alot of
                              people think is gross, but i happen to like

                            • Stefan Leight
                              Message 14 of 22 , May 4, 2008
                                > maybe this is the right place to mention that german "Jägermeister"
                                > company invited me to a party weekend in Berlin, all expenses paid.
                                > first class train tickets already arrived, so i guess the hotel at
                                > Potsdamer Platz where the Party tickets shall be waiting for me in 13
                                > days will be real, too.
                                > i just fear the sweet stuff might cause some headache.

                                Jägermeister was the sponsor for FedCon 17 in Bonn,Germany, this year.
                                Our MOC nicknamed it "JägerCon", but after the first party, he changed his mind and renamed it "P**eCon". :o)
                                Steve Bacic was running around with a Jägermeister temporary tattoo on his arm, and hollerd "Where are you? You owe me money!" during his panel with Kevin Sorbo.

                                CUL8R

                                Steve

                                Be a better friend, newshound, and
                              • FK
                                Message 15 of 22 , May 5, 2008
                                  > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Devi Batti-Loupstein"
                                  > <chibiwakki@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Made you guys something! I'm pretty sure I could make it even nicer,
                                  > > but maybe when I have more time.
                                  > >
                                  > > http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/chibiwakki/betterthandeath.jpg

                                  This is great! My daughter's 17th birthday is coming up. She's a
                                  rabid GG fan (I proudly admit I got her hooked) and I want to slap
                                  some of these on some appropriate bottles. Anyone know what kind of
                                  glue/paper is best for this?

                                  Nicky
                                • Sheri
                                  Message 16 of 22 , May 5, 2008
                                    FK wrote:

                                    > > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com
                                    > <mailto:girlgenius%40yahoogroups.com>, "Devi Batti-Loupstein"
                                    > > <chibiwakki@> wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Made you guys something! I'm pretty sure I could make it even nicer,
                                    > > > but maybe when I have more time.
                                    > > >

                                    > http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/chibiwakki/betterthandeath.jpg
                                    > <http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/chibiwakki/betterthandeath.jpg>
                                    > > >

                                    > This is great! My daughter's 17th birthday is coming up. She's a
                                    > rabid GG fan (I proudly admit I got her hooked) and I want to slap
                                    > some of these on some appropriate bottles. Anyone know what kind of
                                    > glue/paper is best for this?
                                    >
                                    > Nicky

                                    Gluesticks work really well for adhering paper to non-porous surfaces
                                    such as glass. I'd put the glue on the back of the paper label, then
                                    carefully stick it to the glass.

                                    sheri
                                  • McClure, Kate (DEX-BLV)
                                    Message 17 of 22 , May 5, 2008
                                      > I'd say it was Midori, but that's too gross even for Jagers.

                                      What's wrong with Midori?
                                      ...as a cocktail ingredient that is.
                                      -----------------

                                      I like to sip Midori ice cold. Does that make me more Jäger than the Jägers? If so, vere are my pointy teeth? I vant dem NOW!

                                      Kate McClure
                                      Cackle and the world cackles with you. Rant, and you rant alone.
                                      - M.E.

                                    • Elisabeth
                                      Message 18 of 22 , May 5, 2008
                                        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "FK" <krasowska@...> wrote:

                                        > > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Devi Batti-Loupstein"
                                        > > <chibiwakki@> wrote:
                                        > > >
                                        > > > Made you guys something! I'm pretty sure I could make it even nicer,
                                        > > > but maybe when I have more time.
                                        > > >
                                        > > > http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/chibiwakki/betterthandeath.jpg
                                        > > >

                                        > This is great! My daughter's 17th birthday is coming up. She's a
                                        > rabid GG fan (I proudly admit I got her hooked) and I want to slap
                                        > some of these on some appropriate bottles. Anyone know what kind of
                                        > glue/paper is best for this?
                                        >
                                        > Nicky

                                        I've put labels on bottles using plain printer paper and white school
                                        glue, and it looked okay. Granted, I tea-dyed the paper after I
                                        printed the labels (lazer jet printin required for that!). And I'm
                                        reasonably sure any paper would work. Maybe a heavier printer paper
                                        (not quite photo weight?)

                                        -Evaney Reddeman, craftily.
                                      • McClure, Kate (DEX-BLV)
                                        Message 19 of 22 , May 5, 2008
                                          *za schnippe*

                                          maybe this is the right place to mention that german "Jägermeister" company invited me to a party weekend in Berlin, all expenses paid.
                                          -------------------

                                          Oooooh! I'm turning an extra deep shade of green from jealousy! If you have any spare time, could you check out some military museums? Ve needs more het ideas!

                                          Message 20 of 22 , May 5, 2008
                                            *schnippe*

                                            Gluesticks work really well for adhering paper to non-porous surfaces
                                            such as glass. I'd put the glue on the back of the paper label, then
                                            carefully stick it to the glass.
                                            --------------------

                                            If you have printer labels, those work nicely. They come in various
                                            sizes. Depending on the program you use, you can color in the background
                                            and image to make it any shade you want. (I'm going for a sepia look.)

                                            Kate McClure
                                            We now return you to your regularly scheduled mayhem, madness and chaos.

                                          • mamarose127@cox.net
                                            Message 21 of 22 , May 5, 2008
                                              > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Devi Batti-Loupstein"
                                              > <chibiwakki@> wrote:
                                              >
                                              > Made you guys something! I'm pretty sure I could make it even nicer,
                                              > but maybe when I have more time.
                                              >
                                              > http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/chibiwakki/betterthandeath.jpg

                                              My only complaint (and it is a minor one, so feel free to ignore me) is that this is horizontal, not vertical. So it won't look that good on a wine bottle. But I'm sure that can be fixed easily enough. Well done!

                                              ---
                                              Margaret