How long has this been here?

  • Daniel N.
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2008

      I've read through the entire online version twice, plus, the whole
      Coffee Shop scene is my absolute favorite of anything in Girl Genius,
      so I've gone through all of it (including the interlude back at the
      hospital) many more times, and I swear I've never seen this strip before.

      It always went straight from Vole giving his report, to the Clank
      break-in. Now there's this extra scene in between.

      Was this always there, and some technical error on my end prevented me
      from seeing it? Was this scene in the printed comic, and just now
      added here?
    • david schnyer
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2008
        "Thursday, June 14, 2007"

        --------------------
        as you see by the date it was inserted for
        continuity between wednesday june 13 and friday
        june 15 2007, the normal posting days. when yu
        match it to the preceding and following panels
        you'll see how it fits in. i can't speak for the
        print edition though, i haven't seen it.
        "gunner"

      • David Goldfarb
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2008
          From: "Daniel N." <bdd_imagine@...>
          >http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20070614
          >
          >Was this always there, and some technical error on my end prevented me
          >from seeing it? Was this scene in the printed comic, and just now
          >added here?

          There *is* no printed comic yet!

          I guess that when they were putting together the printed volume,
          they decided that they wanted an extra page there (maybe to make
          the story flow better, maybe to make a two-page spread turn out right,
          who knows) and then went back and inserted it in the online version.

          --
          David Goldfarb | "All love is unrequited."
          goldfarb@... |
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3, 2008
            I eagerly went back online to check to see if any other pages had been
            added (there are at least two more I know of that showed up only in the
            printed versions).

            Unfortunately, not as far as I can tell. If it existed, there would be
            a page between the following two pages:

            It would be Tuesday, April 25, 2006.

            In the book "Agatha Heterodyne and the Golden Trilobite" it's page 26.