Re: [Girl Genius] Re: Where's the blood?

  • Erin C.
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2008
      Jon Kelley wrote:
      > We also have to assume that Jagers have somewhat heightened senses - while it takes a pretty massive traumatic insult for any of /us/ to "schmell de blood," we can safely assume (I think - I hate using that word...) that Jagers are able to do so when the injury is on a level with a badly scraped knee, for instance. So, it would be reasonable to expect that a much lesser trauma would be needed for a heightened sense of schmell.
      Hey if dogs can be trained to smell cancer:
      http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/01/060106002944.htm I see no
      reason Jaegers couldn't smell a little blood, or even entirely internal
      bleeding, I doubt you'd even need a nose as good as a dog's for this.

      ern

      --
      "I am a fully rounded human being with a degree from the university of life, a diploma from the school of hard knocks, and three gold stars from the kindergarten of getting the shit kicked out of me."
      ~Blackadder
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2008
        I belive he was scratched by a bullet on the right arm, based on the
        first panel of this page http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?
        date=20071207 , there hasn't been a clear close view of that part of
        his right arm since.

        Sean

        "Mechanicsburg sounds like my kind of town."

        I was refering to the first panel of this page, I think I would blend
        right in.

        I think this sums it up "CRASH! POW! ZAP! WHREEEE! ding, HOORAY!"
      • rja_carnegie
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 5, 2008
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, yumitori <yumitori@...> wrote:
          > Gilgamesh Wulfenbach is most definitely not foolish.
          > He also understands the need to not appear weak,
          > especially under these circumstances. It's not at
          > all unreasonable to presume that he took precautions
          > to avoid visible bleeding.

          You have to be a Spark to be so focussed on that
          definition of the problem, that you overlook means of
          avoiding /actual/ bleeding!

          I think you might even consider going the other way;
          avoid actual injury, use stage-blood liberally, stride
          around with youthful vigour heedless of your unnecessary
          bandages. As long as you don't trip up over them, isn't
          it a winner?