Re: Cookies all around!

  • Corgi
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 2, 2007
      --- "brellchild" <jasonft@...> wrote:

      >>> ... to those who predicted that Klaus would be very,
      >>> very proud of Gil. Awww!
      >>>
      >> I'd call THAT an example of a ****-eating grin.
      >>
      > I'd call that a 'I have an heir worthy of my Empire' grin.
      >
      > Hot damn but Klaus has to be proud on so many levels.

      Don't forget the sense of relief - 'Thank God I can relax now, he'll
      maintain the peace no matter what happens to me.'

      Corgi, hanging the KDL sign in neon
    • Mary Lowe-Hentges
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 2, 2007
        Wonder if some of the relief is that Klaus, in the back of his mind, has also started thinking that lab on an uncharted private island may be a possibility as well.

        Annechen Loewenstein
        non scripta non est

      • Corgi
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 2, 2007
          --- Mary Lowe-Hentges <annechen67@...> wrote:

          > Wonder if some of the relief is that Klaus, in the back of his
          > mind, has also started thinking that lab on an uncharted private
          > island may be a possibility as well.

          Only if it's surrounded by void seas.

          Corgi
        • brellchild
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 3, 2007
            > Wonder if some of the relief is that Klaus, in the
            > back of his mind, has also started thinking that lab
            > on an uncharted private island may be a possibility
            > as well.

            Not seriously, but the idea might indeed be there.

            More likely he is hoping to retire to the labs at Castle
            Wulfenbach for a while while he is 'convalescing' from
            his 'extensive injuries' so that Gil can prove himself
            in the political arena as well.
          • technomad@intergate.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 3, 2007
              Quoting Bob <forgot_dot@...>:

              >> I'd call THAT an example of a ****-eating grin.
              >>

              > Have we ever seen Klaus smiling with teeth? I think he's never been so
              > happy!

              Remember Dupree's comments about "let's go before we wake the baby"
              when they set out? If I were Dupree, I'd be wondering what "words
              with crow sauce" tasted like...because I knew I'd be about to eat
              those words, as well as a lot of crow.

            • rja_carnegie
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 3, 2007
                Mary Lowe-Hentges <annechen67@...> wrote:
                > Wonder if some of the relief is that Klaus, in the
                > back of his mind, has also started thinking that
                > lab on an uncharted private island may be a
                > possibility as well.

                I think "Secret Blueprints" records a rumour that
                Klaus hatched Gil from an egg on the slopes of a
                volcano. One could suspect that Theo has been at
                it again, but on the other hand... maybe Mrs. Klaus
                has been living there all this time. (Not sure
                about the egg thing.) Doesn't a volcano set off
                a secret laboratory wonderfully?

                It may be Skifander, which as Zeetha's and at an
                outbide chance Dupree's ancestral homeland seems
                to be an underground jungle island city kingdom.
                That is, an underground city-state, in - under -
                a jungle, on an island. Presumably above the
                aquifer, or they have strategically important pumps.
                I may have some of the pieces wrong. But anyway...
                throw in a volcano and who could resist?
                (Tolkien fans go "You had me at 'underground'".)
                Cool in the summer, a heating supply in winter...