Cookies all around!

  • chembiogrrl
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 2, 2007
      ... to those who predicted that Klaus would be very, very proud of Gil. Awww!

      --Kathryn
    • tom_brosz
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 2, 2007
        But you'd have to agree it wasn't that hard a call to make. If you
        read between the lines through the whole series, you can see that Klaus
        has always been very proud of Gil. I wish I had the time to pull up
        examples.
      • Corgi
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 2, 2007
          --- "tom_brosz" <tbrosz@...> wrote:

          > But you'd have to agree it wasn't that hard a call to make. If
          > you read between the lines through the whole series, you can see
          > that Klaus has always been very proud of Gil. I wish I had the
          > time to pull up examples.

          You call, I can but answer.

          http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20070711 (sort of)

          ...yeah, I think that's a good start.

          Corgi, proudly KDLish
        • tom_brosz
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 2, 2007
            The second one is one that made an impression on me at the time.
          • gwangung
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 2, 2007
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "chembiogrrl" <khedges1@...> wrote:

              > ... to those who predicted that Klaus would be very, very proud of Gil. Awww!
              >
              > --Kathryn

              I'd call THAT an example of a ****-eating grin.
            • Bob
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 2, 2007
                > I'd call THAT an example of a ****-eating grin.

                Have we ever seen Klaus smiling with teeth? I think he's never been so
                happy!
              • brellchild
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 2, 2007
                  > > ... to those who predicted that Klaus would be very,
                  > very proud of Gil. Awww!
                  > >
                  > I'd call THAT an example of a ****-eating grin.

                  I'd call that a 'I have an heir worthy of my Empire' grin.

                  Hot damn but Klaus has to be proud on so many levels.
                • Corgi
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 2, 2007
                    --- "brellchild" <jasonft@...> wrote:

                    >>> ... to those who predicted that Klaus would be very,
                    >>> very proud of Gil. Awww!
                    >>>
                    >> I'd call THAT an example of a ****-eating grin.
                    >>
                    > I'd call that a 'I have an heir worthy of my Empire' grin.
                    >
                    > Hot damn but Klaus has to be proud on so many levels.

                    Don't forget the sense of relief - 'Thank God I can relax now, he'll
                    maintain the peace no matter what happens to me.'

                    Corgi, hanging the KDL sign in neon
                  • Mary Lowe-Hentges
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 2, 2007
                      Wonder if some of the relief is that Klaus, in the back of his mind, has also started thinking that lab on an uncharted private island may be a possibility as well.

                      Annechen Loewenstein
                      non scripta non est

                    • Corgi
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 2, 2007
                        --- Mary Lowe-Hentges <annechen67@...> wrote:

                        > Wonder if some of the relief is that Klaus, in the back of his
                        > mind, has also started thinking that lab on an uncharted private
                        > island may be a possibility as well.

                        Only if it's surrounded by void seas.

                        Corgi
                      • brellchild
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 3, 2007
                          > Wonder if some of the relief is that Klaus, in the
                          > back of his mind, has also started thinking that lab
                          > on an uncharted private island may be a possibility
                          > as well.

                          Not seriously, but the idea might indeed be there.

                          More likely he is hoping to retire to the labs at Castle
                          Wulfenbach for a while while he is 'convalescing' from
                          his 'extensive injuries' so that Gil can prove himself
                          in the political arena as well.
                        • technomad@intergate.com
                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 3, 2007
                            Quoting Bob <forgot_dot@...>:

                            >> I'd call THAT an example of a ****-eating grin.
                            >>

                            > Have we ever seen Klaus smiling with teeth? I think he's never been so
                            > happy!

                            Remember Dupree's comments about "let's go before we wake the baby"
                            when they set out? If I were Dupree, I'd be wondering what "words
                            with crow sauce" tasted like...because I knew I'd be about to eat
                            those words, as well as a lot of crow.

                          • rja_carnegie
                            Message 13 of 13 , Dec 3, 2007
                              Mary Lowe-Hentges <annechen67@...> wrote:
                              > Wonder if some of the relief is that Klaus, in the
                              > back of his mind, has also started thinking that
                              > lab on an uncharted private island may be a
                              > possibility as well.

                              I think "Secret Blueprints" records a rumour that
                              Klaus hatched Gil from an egg on the slopes of a
                              volcano. One could suspect that Theo has been at
                              it again, but on the other hand... maybe Mrs. Klaus
                              has been living there all this time. (Not sure
                              about the egg thing.) Doesn't a volcano set off
                              a secret laboratory wonderfully?

                              It may be Skifander, which as Zeetha's and at an
                              outbide chance Dupree's ancestral homeland seems
                              to be an underground jungle island city kingdom.
                              That is, an underground city-state, in - under -
                              a jungle, on an island. Presumably above the
                              aquifer, or they have strategically important pumps.
                              I may have some of the pieces wrong. But anyway...
                              throw in a volcano and who could resist?
                              (Tolkien fans go "You had me at 'underground'".)
                              Cool in the summer, a heating supply in winter...