Re: [Girl Genius] Re: Knights of Jove suffering from Stormtrooper Syndrome

  • yumitori
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 29, 2007
      On Nov 30, 2007 12:04 AM, Erin C. <sonyadora@...> wrote:

      > I'm still holding out for Black Squad style spatial displacement
      > something or other, but the holes in his coat sure make it look like
      > he's in real danger. But surely he wouldn't go out there with /nothing/
      > to protect himself from stray bullets? It would be so embarrassing to
      > be kicking that much butt and then go down because some soldier boy got
      > lucky.
      >
      > ern

      I was thinking some sort of projection or hologram myself, but you
      have a good point about the holes.

      Gotta say, after word of this filters through the gossip channels, Gil
      should have no trouble keeping the popular support if he takes over
      from his father.

      --
      Ron/yumitori

      Not all who wander are lost,
      http://www.geocaching.com/

      Loyal worshiper of Ashtara (Cha Cha Cha!)
      http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/index.php
    • rja_carnegie
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 30, 2007
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "McClure, Kate (DEX-
        BLV)" <kate.mcclure@...> wrote:
        > Perhaps he will get winged, and have to be dragged
        > back behind the walls. This would heighten the
        > tension of the scene, and make things that much
        > more urgent for Agatha to fix Der Kestle ASAP!
        > Which she should get on with, and stop drooling
        > over Mr. Lightning already. ;)

        Well, I started imagining a Mary Sue "nursing back
        to health" story. But somehow, get Agatha and damaged
        human material together, and the voice in the back of
        her head suggests... improvements...
      • Katrina
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 1, 2007
          And it's not like Gil has the moves of a ninja.

          ----

          Are you sure? See:
          and following page.

          ----

          And incidentally, he's wearing that same coat this time round...

          ^-^
          '.'
        • Erin C.
          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 3, 2007
            raphfrk wrote:
            > Would Agatha be impressed with his ability to project an image from
            > somewhere or disappointed that he wasn't in any actual danger, if the
            > blast from the war clank knocks out the power to the projector and he
            > just disappears from the battlefield.

            I personally would be more impressed by a guy who used trickery in this
            case rather than just getting gurped up on testosterone and going out
            there without any kind of backup. But I'm a practical woman. Results
            are what matters right? So if you get the result you want /and/ manage
            to keep from getting seriously injured you win bonus points. I'm only
            willing to be impressed by suicidal bravery when it's just about the
            only option. Besides, I've always had a soft spot for Tricksters.

            ern
            And if I was using a trick, I'd tell everyone it wasn't a trick too. :)

            --
            "If you see Buddha by the side of the road, do not kill him. Stick out
            your thumb. Who knows? He might even give you a lift."
            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 3, 2007
              > I personally would be more impressed by a guy who used trickery in this
              > case rather than just getting gurped up on testosterone and going out
              > there without any kind of backup.

              As would I (it's nothing to do with gender.) As I tell my boys often
              - "Always keep your primary weapon cleaned and oiled" (tapping the
              side of my head.) Or, "A man only has one weapon - anything else is
              an extension of capability."

              Sooner or later, your ability to deal with anything is going to come
              down to how well you use your brains - and people have been forgetting
              that. It's why I prefer being a generalist - gives me a much larger
              pool of data and abilities to draw on when synthesizing solutions to
              difficult problems (the ones that most people tell me are "impossible.")
            • tater_tot16
              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 4, 2007
                > I personally would be more impressed by a guy who used trickery in
                this
                > case rather than just getting gurped up on testosterone and going
                out
                > there without any kind of backup. But I'm a practical woman.
                Results
                > are what matters right? So if you get the result you want /and/
                manage
                > to keep from getting seriously injured you win bonus points. I'm
                only
                > willing to be impressed by suicidal bravery when it's just about the
                > only option. Besides, I've always had a soft spot for Tricksters.
                >
                > ern
                > And if I was using a trick, I'd tell everyone it wasn't a trick
                too. :)

                I also love a good hoodwinking, but a *sparky* Trojan Horse by any
                other name...would still shoot lasers out of the eyes and eat its
                foes. And I'm sure the spark creator would be the only one in the
                belly of that beast.

                I think Gil may be operating off of ("gurped up, if you will :p ) on
                testosterone, but I think it is more spark-osterone or ego-mania at
                work here. Besides, there's no "team" in "I will SHOW them, SHOW
                THEM ALL!!" (ok, strictly speaking, "team" is there, but you get my
                point.)

                kristen
              • burning_ut
                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 4, 2007
                  I presumed that "This is not a trick," simply meant "Yes, I really did
                  just destroy those War Stompers."

                  As for Gil's rant, he may be on a testosterone high, or having
                  an "I'll show them all" moment. However, given what we've seen with
                  Gil in the past, I also think it might be part of his script to get
                  the maximum impact from his operation. He can turn that mode on and
                  off like a light switch when he needs to.

                  on: http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20060303
                  off: http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20060308