Re: The Locket (was: Change of outfit difficulties...)

  • Thomas Sounness
    Message 1 of 38 , Oct 31, 2007
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "David Chapman" <dc@...> wrote:

      > Jefferson wrote:
      >
      > > Actually there are two hypothesis for why Omar died.
      > >
      > > 1) It was the locket.
      > > 2) Omar was a revenant and died because Agatha told him to.
      >
      > There's a third possible hypothesis.

      <snippage of facinating thoughts>

      I always thought that the locket would be tuned to adjust the brain
      waves of a certain type of person. EG - a strong spark, and to
      stupify them. A bit like Epilepsy tablets suppress that part of the
      mind that goes into a fit. If you don't have Epilepsy, the tablets
      affect you. If you dont have hetrodynamisim, you get affected and
      are shut down by that 30% or so. If you are a normal human, you get
      shut down a great deal. So Omar, his systems being suppressed, dies.

      With Lurtiscia Monkfish's imprinting over Agatha's thoughts, a
      repaired locket might expunge/suppress that imprint from her. I hope
      she is expunged, although that might be a nasty little discovery plot
      twist in the future eh?
    • random832@fastmail.us
      Message 38 of 38 , Nov 2, 2007
        On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 00:52:25 -0700, "Prof. Zarchne (of Zarkhnistan)"
        > Everybody did get that "Ht'Rok-Din" and "Heterodyne" are
        > homophones, right?

        I got the impression that they weren't - that the latter was derived
        from the former, certainly, but not that they're pronounced the same.
        It's been half a millennium, give or take; plenty of time for
        pronunciations to be warped. (of course, no thanks to the Universal
        Translator, we don't know what the word rendered here as "Heterodyne"
        actually is, or, more to the point, how it's pronounced. We've
        determined that they're actually speaking German, right?)
        --
        Random832