Training Regime

  • Steven Rewa
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 28, 2007
      That must be some workout Zeetha has Agatha on. Either that or her gun
      is inflatable.

      Hey, Agatha's got a new green dress. Just two days ago I wondered if
      we'd ever see that again. Kinda creepy, really.

      -Stev
    • Bequita
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 28, 2007
        That's no workout, it's one of the fundamental law's of the Sparkiverse:

        "You can always build a bigger, better, more destructive weapon from
        the surviving fragments of your last one."
      • McClure, Kate (DEX-BLV)
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 28, 2007
          "You can always build a bigger, better, more destructive weapon from
          the surviving fragments of your last one."

          --------------------

          I love the word 'DIE' stenciled on the gun. It's the little touches that
          make the scene.

          Kate McClure
          We now return you to your regularly scheduled mayhem, madness and chaos.

        • Thomas Erickson
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 28, 2007
            Re:Posted by: "Steven Rewa" rewastev@...
            <rewastev@...?Subject=+Re%3ATraining%20Regime> rewastev
            <http://profiles.yahoo.com/rewastev> >Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:51 am (PST) >That
            must be some workout Zeetha has Agatha on. Either that or her gun
            >is inflatable.

            We are all familiar with the Non-Inertial nature of Absurdly Large Weapons*.
            It's probably made out of whatever the Zeppelins are made of.
            *See Also: Freaky Big Anime Swords Wielded By Skinny Bishi** Fellows.
            ** So, do they practice Bishido, & recieve training in fending off Rabid
            Fangirls?

            >Hey, Agatha's got a new green dress. Just two days ago I wondered if
            >we'd ever see that again. Kinda creepy, really.
            >-Stev

            Which reminds me of a song.
            "Genius in a Green Dress
            Green Dress, Green Dress
            Genius with a Green Dress On!"
            The rest will be left to your imaginations.
            Just, please don't try to sing it like a Jaeger.
            Mad Dr Thomas

          • Adam
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 28, 2007
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Bequita <BequitaUW@...> wrote:

              > "You can always build a bigger, better, more destructive weapon from
              > the surviving fragments of your last one."

              Is anyone else bothered by the fact that Agatha's acting like a
              typical, lunatic, kill-those-who-annoy-you Spark here? Seems out of
              character.
            • McClure, Kate (DEX-BLV)
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 28, 2007
                Is anyone else bothered by the fact that Agatha's acting like a
                typical, lunatic, kill-those-who-annoy-you Spark here? Seems out of
                character.
                -----------------------------

                These aren't just any annoyances, these are TPU Professors, who are in
                charge of publishing the (mostly) True History of Agatha Heterodyne(tm).
                I imagine that, the latest side-story aside, there may be other . . .
                issues. ;)

                Kate McClure
                Anything can be improved with a solid maniacal laugh.
                - M.E.

              • Daniel N.
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 28, 2007
                  --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Adam" <adam@...> wrote:

                  > Is anyone else bothered by the fact that Agatha's acting like a
                  > typical, lunatic, kill-those-who-annoy-you Spark here? Seems out of
                  > character.

                  Oh, no, not at all. It's entirely within her character. It's one of
                  the things I like about this hero. She goes bonkers every now and
                  again. =D

                  As for Agatha wielding a massive death ray with one hand, I noticed
                  that too, but passed it off as just the classic comedy staple of
                  over-exaggeration is funny. I, too, loved the word "Die" stenciled
                  into the side.
                • lake_wrangler
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 28, 2007
                    --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel N." <bdd_imagine@...>
                    wrote:

                    > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Adam" <adam@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Is anyone else bothered by the fact that Agatha's acting like a
                    > > typical, lunatic, kill-those-who-annoy-you Spark here? Seems out
                    of
                    > > character.
                    > >

                    > Oh, no, not at all. It's entirely within her character. It's one
                    of
                    > the things I like about this hero. She goes bonkers every now and
                    > again. =D
                    >

                    > As for Agatha wielding a massive death ray with one hand, I noticed
                    > that too, but passed it off as just the classic comedy staple of
                    > over-exaggeration is funny.

                    I second, or third, as the case may be, the motion... it's the
                    visual effect, mainly for hilarity's sake.

                    >I, too, loved the word "Die" stenciled
                    > into the side.

                    Margaret Browning (College Roomies from Hell - http://www.crfh.net/ )
                    would be so proud of her... both for the 'Die' stencil (she has the
                    same stencil on one of her shirts) and for the mere size of the
                    weapon (she is a gun nut...)

                    Claude Doucet, who marvels yet again at the timing and visual humor
                    of the Foglios.
                  • William Jackson
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 29, 2007
                      Posted by: "Adam" adam@... amessinger2

                      Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:43 pm (PST)
                      --- In girlgenius@yahoogro ups.com, Bequita
                      ""Is anyone else bothered by the fact that Agatha's
                      acting like a
                      typical, lunatic, kill-those-who- annoy-you Spark
                      here? Seems out of
                      character.""

                      Others have also been complaining about characters
                      acting out of character, almost lampoons of their real
                      personalities. Sort of like someone is spoofing the
                      series. Y'know, like it's a joke.

                      This really would have worked better if it had been a
                      radio program. Does anyone realize that it wasn't
                      until Zeetha described the "lady friend" that anyone
                      mentioned what she looked like? We knew, but the
                      listening audience wouldn't have. It is the set up for
                      Agatha's and Krosp's lines to follow. And "Acting
                      Appropriately Stupid" is a classic way to advance a
                      plot, right up there with "Ignoring the Obvious". I
                      mean, if you don't allow these, you can't enjoy scads
                      of screwball comedies and monster movies.
                      Maybe if you got a bunch of your friends to read it
                      out loud while you closed your eyes...

                      Me, I enjoyed this little diversion, and I hope to see
                      another similar one next vacation.

                    • Steven Rewa
                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 29, 2007
                        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "McClure, Kate (DEX-BLV)"
                        <kate.mcclure@...> wrote:
                        > These aren't just any annoyances, these are TPU Professors, who are
                        in
                        > charge of publishing the (mostly) True History of Agatha Heterodyne
                        (tm).
                        > I imagine that, the latest side-story aside, there may be other . . .
                        > issues. ;)

                        It struck me as funny the other day that many of us look at these
                        radio plays and Othar's Twitter and say "But that's not canon!" In
                        reality, the MAIN story isn't canon. Occasional guesswork and narative
                        licence have been applied where details were sketchy or where events
                        would have been more amusing if they had just happened in some other
                        way.

                        -Stev

                        should that be cannon?
                      • Erin C.
                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 29, 2007
                          William Jackson wrote:
                          > Me, I enjoyed this little diversion, and I hope to see
                          > another similar one next vacation.

                          Seconded. As much as I was thinking "Yay! More Carson! More Zola!
                          More Gil! More Kestle!" on Friday, part of me was wondering what kind
                          of cheese would best compliment grilled Othar. Although an argument
                          could be made that he's already too cheesy...

                          ern
                          A nice Brie perhaps? Or some fontina?

                          --
                          "Cynic, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be."
                          ~ Ambrose Bierce

                          "Cynical is a word used by the frightened to describe the realistic."
                          ~ Snog, Australian industrial rock band
                        • Daniel N.
                          Message 12 of 16 , Sep 29, 2007
                            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Erin C." <sonyadora@...> wrote:

                            > William Jackson wrote:
                            > > Me, I enjoyed this little diversion, and I hope to see
                            > > another similar one next vacation.
                            > >
                            > Seconded. As much as I was thinking "Yay! More Carson! More Zola!
                            > More Gil! More Kestle!" on Friday, part of me was wondering what kind
                            > of cheese would best compliment grilled Othar. Although an argument
                            > could be made that he's already too cheesy...
                            >

                            > A nice Brie perhaps? Or some fontina?

                            Agreed. I love these little scenes, but it's the main story that I
                            really want. Even so, as Friday came I couldn't help but think: "But
                            what happens to Othar?"

                            Can't go wrong with a nice Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese...
                          • randomized_output
                            Message 13 of 16 , Sep 30, 2007
                              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Erin C." <sonyadora@...> wrote:
                              > Seconded. As much as I was thinking "Yay! More Carson! More Zola!
                              > More Gil! More Kestle!" on Friday, part of me was wondering what kind
                              > of cheese would best compliment grilled Othar. Although an argument
                              > could be made that he's already too cheesy...

                              I think http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_rabbit describes an
                              appropriate snack for the Weasel Queen. I particularly liked the
                              following section:

                              "Vivid nightmares are famously attributed to overindulgence in Welsh
                              rarebit. This phenomenon is immortalized in Dreams Of A Rarebit Fiend,
                              a series of comic strips written and drawn by Little Nemo creator
                              Winsor McCay beginning in 1904. Each strip portrayed a nightmare
                              experienced by a protagonist, a rarebit fiend who had made the poor
                              choice of consuming too much rarebit before bedtime."
                            • Rebecca Salazar
                              Message 14 of 16 , Sep 30, 2007
                                "What cheese would go best with grilled Othar?"

                                Definately Muenster.
                              • N.C. Weber
                                Message 15 of 16 , Sep 30, 2007
                                  Oooh, that groaner was one definitely worthy of the Foglios. :)

                                  - N.C. Weber
                                  Curator of the Afrodiseum
                                  http://www.afrodiseum.com

                                  Rebecca Salazar wrote:

                                  > "What cheese would go best with grilled Othar?"
                                  >
                                  > Definately Muenster.

                                • rja_carnegie
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Oct 1, 2007
                                    > "Vivid nightmares are famously attributed to
                                    > overindulgence in Welsh rarebit."

                                    Amongst other things... dreams connected to digestion
                                    are mentioned in _A Christmas Carol_, way earlier.
                                    Heck, it's probably in Chaucer... or Beowulf.
                                    In that case it may be on how you feel when you ate
                                    too many Danish around bedtime...