Re: Wait, what?

  • docgirlgenius
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 31 9:23 PM
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "David" <no_way8888@...> wrote:

      > Does anybody else find it hilarious that Othar can hear (or maybe
      > almost-hear) the narration?

      YES! I was wondering why no one had commented on it already! Even now,
      I can't stop giggling.

      I also love Krosp's snarky "For a given value of 'nice'--" Really
      looking forward to how this ministory goes.
    • nyysjan
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2007
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "David" <no_way8888@...> wrote:

        > Well, the Foglios have added yet another to my list of all-time
        > favourite GG moments, again with Othar.
        >
        > Does anybody else find it hilarious that Othar can hear (or maybe
        > almost-hear) the narration?

        yes, it is hilarious, but it is also fitting with Othar seeming to be
        a somewhat genre savvy hero in the GG universe

        [link]http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GenreSavvy%5b/link]
      • Michael Brazier
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2007
          David wrote:
          > Does anybody else find it hilarious that Othar can hear (or maybe
          > almost-hear) the narration?

          Seems perfectly natural to me, since the same actor is doing both the
          narrator's lines and Othar's ...

          (On the recorded GGRT episodes, Cheyenne Wright took both roles.)

          Michael Brazier
        • rja_carnegie
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2007
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "nyysjan" <nyysjan@...> wrote:
            > it is also fitting with Othar seeming to be
            > a somewhat genre savvy hero in the GG universe

            Interesting... but "genre savvy" if you aren't living
            in a genre is another way of being crazy, yeah?
            For instance every time you hear about someone who
            thinks they're living in the Book of Revelations,
            and what they went and did. Jonestown. Columbine -
            although I believe that was atheists so I don't know
            /what/ they were thinking.

            But what are we looking at now, exactly? Are these
            actors playing the roles of Lady Heterodyne's Hellions,
            or the actual folks down on their luck and re-enacting
            their real and fictional triumphs for money, like the
            "Wild West" shows in the old days? Perhaps they don't
            have a script and are improvising... [The Masterson
            Inheritance] is (was) a bawdy British radio show on
            these lines. "A family at war with itself." You'd be
            disowning your daughter for getting friendly with the
            footman and the narrator would drop you in trouble,
            such as announcing the arrival of two other characters,
            all of whom are being played by you.
          • Darkheart29
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2007
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "David" <no_way8888@...> wrote:

              > Well, the Foglios have added yet another to my list of all-time
              > favourite GG moments, again with Othar.
              >
              > Does anybody else find it hilarious that Othar can hear (or maybe
              > almost-hear) the narration?

              I think that it's because he has a continuous narration going on in
              his head anyway to all the heroic and dashing deeds he does, so he's
              tuned to it. I mean, just read his Twitter... =)
            • Rick Russell
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 2, 2007
                On 9/1/07, rja_carnegie <rja_carnegie@...> wrote:

                > But what are we looking at now, exactly? Are these
                > actors playing the roles of Lady Heterodyne's Hellions,

                All their world's a stage,
                And all the Sparks and Jaegers merely players.

                RR