Girl Genius Quiz Questions

  • sanf_sara
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 30, 2007
      First of all, I think a Girl Genius Quiz is an awesome idea.

      I know it's a sample question, but you practically give away the answer in the way you
      phrase it.

      The name of the ruler of Europa is:
      A. Baron Wulfenstein
      B. Baron Wulfenbach
      C. Duke Wulfenbach
      D. Baron Weinerschitzel

      Three of the four possible answers start with "Baron", and the only one which doesn't
      contains "Wulfenbach", which is repeated in choice B - "Baron Wulfenbach". Therefore,
      even if I had never heard of Girl Genius or any of its characters, I would have been able to
      guess the answer to this question correctly. While these types of questions are a reprieve
      when, say, taking a school test, I feel they take the fun out of a fun trivia quiz. I
      recommend that all questions be phrased in such a way that only someone who had read
      the comic could figure out the answer without random guessing.

      Now, here are some of *my* questions

      My criteria for difficulty - Easy = only need to read through the comic once, Medium =
      need to have read the comic a few times, Hard = need to be obsessed with the comic.
      Also, if you think any of the answers I give are incorrect, or if a question belongs in a
      different difficulty level let me know, I'm not perfect. Also, it was a lot of fun making these
      questions, let me know if you want more.

      Easy

      Who is Agatha's biological father (according to everybody)?

      A) Klaus
      B) Bill
      C) Barry
      D) Adam

      Where is Zeetha from?

      A) Skifander
      B) Iron Caliphate
      C) Zum Zum
      D) Unknown (so far)

      Where did Klaus go when he disappeared for several years?

      A) Skifander
      B) Prague
      C) The Americas
      D) Unknown (so far)

      Krosp is a(n) ...

      A) Cat
      B) Construct
      C) Emporer
      D) All of the above

      Sleipnir is a(n)...

      A) Duchess
      B) Peasant
      C) Student
      D) Actress

      Master Payne is the master of a(n)...

      A) Clank Army
      B) Castle
      C) Kitchen
      D) Circus

      Who was in the search party when Agatha faked her death?

      A) Adam and Lilith
      B) Klaus and his troops
      C) Zeetha, Lars, Krosp, and the Jagers
      D) Gil and Bang

      Who is not a love interest for Agatha?

      A) Lars
      B) Theopholous duMedd
      C) Tarvek Sturmvorous (sp?)
      D) Gilgamesh Wulfenbach

      Who stole Agatha's locket?

      A) The Von Zinzer Brothers
      B) Madame Olga
      C) Lucrezia Mongfish
      D) The Other

      Which of the following is (generally) the most feared?

      A) The Baron
      B) Doctor Tarsus Beetle
      C) The Battle Circus
      D) The Other

      Medium

      Who gave the order which led to the activation of the Slaver Engine?

      A) Agatha
      B) Klaus
      C) The Other
      D) None of the Above

      (Answer : A)

      Which of the following has never considerable influence over a large portion of Europe?

      A) The Heterodyne Boys
      B) Baron Wulfenbach
      C) Prince Tarvek
      D) Andronicos Valois

      (Answer : C)

      Besides Agatha and Dr. Dim himself, who knows about Dr. Dim's bears?

      A) Klaus
      B) Krosp
      C) Gil
      D) Wooster

      (Answer : B)

      Which of the following has Gil rescued (as in, saved their lives)?

      A) Agatha
      B) A goldfish
      C) Punch
      D) All of the above

      (Answer : D)

      Why did Wooster say that Carson Von Mekkan couldn't be who he said he was?

      A) The records falsely said that Carson died
      B) The records truely said that Carson died
      C) Carson succeeded the previous seneschal, who died.
      D) Wooster knows that the seneschal died in the attack on the castle.

      (Answer : D)

      Who wears the insignia of Zeetha's kidnappers?

      A) Anekva
      B) Bang
      C) Zuluenna
      D) Zola

      (Answer B)

      Who first arranged to flood the labs with poison in case of emergency?

      A) Klaus
      B) Agatha
      C) Dr. Rovainen/The Revenant
      D) Gil

      (Answer A)

      What starts the argument among the Jager Generals

      A) Whether they should be loyal to House Wulfenbach
      B) Agatha unintentional slip of tongue
      C) General Zog inquiring about Gil
      D) All of the above

      (Answer : C)

      Which of the following does Anekva trust most?

      A) Aaronev
      B) Tarvek
      C) Vrin
      D) Agatha

      (Answer : B)

      Whose body has been possessed by the Other?

      A) Madame Olga's
      B) Tinkta's
      C) Klaus's
      D) None of the above

      (Answer : D)

      Who have we seen kissing Agatha?

      A) Lars
      B) Othar
      C) Tarvek
      D) All of the above

      (Answer : B)

      Hard

      Which of the following cannot be found in Gil's bookshelf?

      A) How to Reantimate a Dead Joke
      B) Bean There, Done That
      C) Pulleys of the World
      D) The Heterodyne Boys and the Race to the West Pole

      (Answer : B)

      Who caught Krosp chasing mimmoths?

      A) Countess Marie
      B) Wanda
      C) Professor Moonsock
      D) Agatha

      (Answer : C)

      During which sequence does Agatha change clothing?

      A) Socket Wench of Prague
      B) The Heterodyne Boys and the Dragon from Mars
      C) The Battle Circus
      D) Personal Trainer

      (Answer : B)

      What is Agatha saying in the panel where we first see Krosp?

      A) "Where are my clothes?"
      B) "Now, let's get that ladder"
      C) "Hey!"
      D) "Did you hear that, you beautiful, leg-biting cat?"

      (Answer : A)

      In which town does Agatha run into a problem involving a tea cozy?

      A) Zum Zum
      B) Mechanicsburg
      C) Castle Wulfenbach
      D) Beetleburg

      (Answer : A)

      Who is Andre?

      A) A Jager
      B) A Musician
      C) Barry Heterodyne
      D) All of the above

      (Answer : D ... or at least, Andre *plays* Barry Heterodyne)

      Who does Agatha catch?

      A) Gorb
      B) Zami
      C) Anekva
      D) Itto

      (Answer : D)

      Who does Klaus give a thumbs-up?

      A) Gil
      B) Bang
      C) The Heterodyne Boys
      D) The Captain

      (Answer : C)

      Who owns the Vienna?

      A) Klaus Wulfenbach
      B) Von Bode
      C) Duke D'Omas
      D) Prince Aaronev / Prince Tarvek

      (Answer : C)

      Who has not successfully calmed down another character>

      A) Gil
      B) Agatha
      C) Klaus
      D) The Chef
    • Corgi
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 30, 2007
        --- "sanf_sara" <sanf_sara@...> wrote:

        > First of all, I think a Girl Genius Quiz is an awesome idea.
        >
        > I know it's a sample question, but you practically give away the
        > answer in the way you phrase it.

        Heh, it was only a sample for format, really - but the ones you wrote
        up are great, I really appreciate your contribution!

        You are now an honorary staff member of the Caledonian Consulate of
        Europa Wulfenbach.

        Corgi
      • yawningintherain
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 30, 2007
          Great job with the quiz. It was fun :)

          Regarding one of the questions, do we know where Klaus went when he
          disappeared? There's evidence that he might have been in Skifander,
          but I've only read the comic through a couple times and didn't notice
          anything concrete; perhaps I missed something.

          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "sanf_sara" <sanf_sara@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > C) Barry Heterodyne
          > D) All of the above
          >
          > (Answer : D ... or at least, Andre *plays* Barry Heterodyne)
          >
          > Who does Agatha catch?
          >
          > A) Gorb
          > B) Zami
          > C) Anekva
          > D) Itto
          >
          > (Answer : D)
          >
          > Who does Klaus give a thumbs-up?
          >
          > A) Gil
          > B) Bang
          > C) The Heterodyne Boys
          > D) The Captain
          >
          > (Answer : C)
          >
          > Who owns the Vienna?
          >
          > A) Klaus Wulfenbach
          > B) Von Bode
          > C) Duke D'Omas
          > D) Prince Aaronev / Prince Tarvek
          >
          > (Answer : C)
          >
          > Who has not successfully calmed down another character>

        • sanf_sara
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 30, 2007
            > Regarding one of the questions, do we know where Klaus went when he
            > disappeared? There's evidence that he might have been in Skifander,
            > but I've only read the comic through a couple times and didn't notice
            > anything concrete; perhaps I missed something.

            The correct answer is that it is unknown (so far). Even on the easy questions, I decided to
            be just a little tricky ;)
          • Corgi
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 30, 2007
              --- "yawningintherain" <yawningintherain@...> wrote:

              > Great job with the quiz. It was fun :)

              Do you have any clever questions you want to toss into the mix?

              Corgi
            • yawningintherain
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Corgi" <corgi@...> wrote:

                > --- "yawningintherain" <yawningintherain@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Great job with the quiz. It was fun :)
                >
                > Do you have any clever questions you want to toss into the mix?
                >
                > Corgi

                Unfortunately not, but I do have some crappy ones :)

                Which scene does not involve humor or sarcasm?

                A. Agatha almost dies in Gil's flying machine
                B. Agatha is fed a truth serum
                C. Klaus demands Judy to tell him what happened when he was away
                D. Zeetha fights the Baron
                E. Agatha learns that she is the holy child and tries to escape prison

                Answer: D

                Who does Bang not see in the time portals?
                A. Agatha
                B. Moloch
                C. Lucrezia
                D. Gil
                E. A servant

                Answer: C

                Which of the following can we state definitively about the woman in
                the portal at the very beginning of the comic?

                A. She is Lucrezia
                B. She is not acting alone
                C. She is from the future
                D. She is a cyborg
                E. She is a potato farmer from Brazil

                Answer: B (not A: we do not have enough evidence yet; not C: she may
                be from another dimension; not D: she may not have biological components)
              • sanf_sara
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                  > B. She is not acting alone

                  > Answer: B (not A: we do not have enough evidence yet; not C: she may
                  > be from another dimension; not D: she may not have biological components)

                  How do we know that she is not acting alone?
                • yawningintherain
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                    --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "sanf_sara" <sanf_sara@...> wrote:

                    > > B. She is not acting alone
                    >
                    > > Answer: B (not A: we do not have enough evidence yet; not C: she may
                    > > be from another dimension; not D: she may not have biological
                    components)

                    > How do we know that she is not acting alone?

                    When she says "Like that?!" at least three people respond "that?!" in
                    tiny font (if I am reading it right).
                  • McClure, Kate (DEX-BLV)
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                      > > B. She is not acting alone
                      >
                      > > Answer: B (not A: we do not have enough evidence yet; not C: she may
                      > > be from another dimension; not D: she may not have biological
                      components)

                      > How do we know that she is not acting alone?

                      When she says "Like that?!" at least three people respond "that?!" in
                      tiny font (if I am reading it right).
                      --------------------------------

                      I've been pondering that scene for a while, and the post considering
                      what might have been had Agatha not been frightened by that visage got
                      my brain to working. What if that lady in the machine is . . . Agatha? I
                      could imagine that something happens in Der Kestle, Lu gets uploaded to
                      the mainframe, and Agatha ends up in the tin suite in Geisterland. (or
                      wherever)

                      The Other, knowing that she has Our Heroine in her (its?) grasp, gloats
                      over her mechanical form, taunting her as to how she's going to get out
                      of this one. Agatha, realizing that the panel o' buttons behind her is
                      somehow, well, important, turns around and stabs at the controls,
                      saying: 'Like that?' This launches the time window, thus scaring her
                      earlier self onto the road to Adventure, Romance, Mad Science and Tea!

                      Kate McClure
                      Who really doesn't have anything better to do.

                    • sanf_sara
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                        > When she says "Like that?!" at least three people respond "that?!" in
                        > tiny font (if I am reading it right).

                        I've never read it like that. I always assumed it was some cool echo-effect.
                      • Mary Lowe-Hentges
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                          [ The Other, knowing that she has Our Heroine in her (its?) grasp, gloats
                          over her mechanical form, taunting her as to how she's going to get out
                          of this one. Agatha, realizing that the panel o' buttons behind her is
                          somehow, well, important, turns around and stabs at the controls,
                          saying: 'Like that?' This launches the time window, thus scaring her
                          earlier self onto the road to Adventure, Romance, Mad Science and Tea!]

                          I was going to say The Entity could also be enjoying Multiple Personality Disorder, but your script is more entertaining.

                          Annechen Loewenstein
                          non scripta non est

                        • Darkheart29
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "sanf_sara" <sanf_sara@...> wrote:

                            > Which of the following is (generally) the most feared?
                            >
                            > A) The Baron
                            > B) Doctor Tarsus Beetle
                            > C) The Battle Circus
                            > D) The Other

                            I don't call this an easy question... the Baron is feared, yes, but
                            the Other had them terrified.

                            > Who has not successfully calmed down another character
                            >
                            > A) Gil
                            > B) Agatha
                            > C) Klaus
                            > D) The Chef

                            You don't give an answer here...
                          • Darkheart29
                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com,
                              "yawningintherain" <yawningintherain@...> wrote:

                              > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "sanf_sara" <sanf_sara@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > > B. She is not acting alone
                              > >
                              > > > Answer: B (not A: we do not have enough evidence yet; not C:
                              she may
                              > > > be from another dimension; not D: she may not have biological
                              > components)
                              > >
                              > > How do we know that she is not acting alone?
                              > >
                              > When she says "Like that?!" at least three people respond "that?!"
                              in
                              > tiny font (if I am reading it right).

                              I thought it was an echo effect... either caused by the person
                              speaking themselves (a glitch in the voder circuits, say) or by the
                              portal itself.
                            • Blaine DeLancey
                              Message 14 of 14 , Sep 1, 2007
                                > > Regarding one of the questions, do we know where Klaus went when he
                                > > disappeared?
                                > The correct answer is that it is unknown (so far). Even on the easy
                                questions, I decided to
                                > be just a little tricky ;)
                                I wonder if this one might not get dated, though. If we later find
                                out where he went (and I hope that we do), the answer might change,
                                and it would probably be a pain to change the answers on this
                                quizophone device.

                                P.S. How does one go about joining the Klaus Defence league?