Re: [Girl Genius] Re: SKY CAPTAIN....

  • Susan Fox-Davis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2004
      On 1/1/04 12:00 AM, "e_hoffman" <e_hoffman@...> wrote:

      > I've looked at the trailer several times and I am damn well looking
      > forward to it. One reason I looked at it more than once was something
      > that caught my eye. The sequence of the robots flying to attack New York
      > and the police officers firing their machine guns at them were
      > definitely hommages to the Max Fleischer SUPERMAN cartoon MECHANICAL
      > MONSTERS. Almost as if somebody had been watching that cartoon and used
      > it as a model for some of the scenes. The robots that are in flight are
      > almost dead ringers for the animated mechanical destruction machines!
      >
      > For me, it will be a wonderful harking back to the old days of the pulp
      > heroes and the serials, etc., etc., etc.

      Eric

      Interesting. Definitely agree about the ³Mechanical Monsters².
      What, they were too cheap to buy the license for Doc Savage?
      I bet it¹s available at a bargain rate about now
      and you know that today¹s CGI would make it a much better ³period² piece
      than the 1975 attempt. <sigh>

      They do not seem to have their own music ready yet.
      The trailer featured soundtrack music from ³Stargate.²

      Susan