Re: Libraries of Word Zepplins. Ballons. Something.

  • gaertk
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 5, 2003
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Julie Winters <boxoshadows@y...> wrote:
      > This may have been covered before and I missed it....
      >
      > What else do folks read, comic-wise?

      I'm really not a comics person (I get more story for my buck from novels), but here's what I read:

      Girl Genius
      Bone
      Sandman
      Asterix
      Cartoon History of the Universe

      --KG
    • Erik Von Halle
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 5, 2003
        Will Buck Godot be comming out with a graphic novel of
        the Galumphry anytime soon????

        Erik Von Halle
        Golden, Colorado

        http://photos.yahoo.com/
      • Laurie E. Smith
        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 6, 2003
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, studiofoglio <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > The only rights that we got back were the publication rights, so I
          > can't really say at the moment. But if anything comes up, you can
          > bet we'll tell you all right away.

          You can't imagine how happy I was to hear this. Working with you guys has
          produced some of the best color of my career, and I hated the thought of the
          series dying because of a legal wrangle.

          Can hardly wait to get started on Issue #11...

          Laurie
        • parkematru
          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 8, 2003
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Jackson" <daglob@y...> wrote:

            > I also need only one issue to have all the ORIGINAL
            > Angel and the Ape comics.

            Oooh . . . I've been following this chronology list I found, and I've
            got both issues of Showcase they were in, issue 1 and 2 of the
            original series, and all the subsequent spinoffs.
          • Bill Jackson
            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 10, 2003
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "parkematru" <spark27@s...> wrote:
              > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Jackson" <daglob@y...>
              wrote:

              > > I also need only one issue to have all the ORIGINAL
              > > Angel and the Ape comics.
              >
              > Oooh . . . I've been following this chronology list I found, and
              I've
              > got both issues of Showcase they were in, issue 1 and 2 of the
              > original series, and all the subsequent spinoffs.

              What will get you is that the last issue, #7 I think, is called "Meet
              Angel"
            • whouseknecht
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 18, 2004
                > WizKids has been perfectly lovely about the whole thing, and has
                > given us back the publishing rights. Girl Genius issue Eleven
                > will be released in April of 2004, from Airship Entertainment.. We
                > will then continue with a quarterly schedule.
                >

                > We are still discussing what to do about subscriptions, now that
                > we can offer them again. We should have more information
                > soon. When we do, we will let everyone know on our Web site
                > and via the mighty Studio Foglio e-mailing list.

                Any word yet on the subscription question? I've got money ($$$)
                standing by to send you...

                Wayne B. "I need my Phil Phix!" Houseknecht
              • studiofoglio
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 18, 2004
                  Yes, we started offering subscriptions a while ago, and
                  announced it on our Web site and via the SF e-mail newsletter,
                  as promised. You can find more information here:

                  http://www.studiofoglio.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CT
                  GY&Store_Code=SF&Category_Code=Subscriptions

                  or follow the link from our Home page at
                  http://www.studiofoglio.com

                  Thanks!
                  --Kaja