A friend has sent you this 9 Chickweed Lane comic

  • Wayne B. Houseknecht
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2003
      Hi!

      A comic strip has been sent to you from Wayne B. Houseknecht (whouseknecht@...). To see your comic and your friend's message, visit Comics.com here:

      http://members.comics.com/members/webcards/sasView.do?webcardId=16404&auth=481039922678773-51-60-117-78-2025-104727

      (If you cannot access the page by clicking on the URL above, just copy and paste it into your browser's address window. Be sure to copy the entire URL, as it may be broken up into two lines).

      You'll be able to view the message on our server for the next two weeks so print it out if you'd like to save it for posterity or sentimental value.
    • Randalt
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2003
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne B. Houseknecht"

        (whouseknecht@h...). To see your comic and your friend's message,
        visit Comics.com here:

        > http://members.comics.com/members/webcards/sasView.do?
        webcardId=16404&auth=481039922678773-51-60-117-78-2025-104727

        > (If you cannot access the page by clicking on the URL above, just
        copy and paste it into your browser's address window. Be sure to
        copy the entire URL, as it may be broken up into two lines).

        > You'll be able to view the message on our server for the next two
        weeks so print it out if you'd like to save it for posterity or
        sentimental value.

        I got an error message wih the link, but found it (the 12/02 strip,
        right?) through http://dilbert.com/comics/chickweed/index.html . I
        like Brooke McEldowney's style, but usually read his Pibgorn strip.

        -R.
      • Patrick McKinnion
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2003
          On Dec 2, 2003, at 9:04 AM, Wayne B. Houseknecht wrote:

          > Looks like a TPU awards ceremony to me... :)

          You mean it isn't ???

          - Patrick McKinnion

          Red meat isn't bad for you. Fuzzy, blue-green meat is bad for you.
        • muirenn53
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2003
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Randalt" <m_randalt@y...> wrote:

            > like Brooke McEldowney's style, but usually read his Pibgorn strip.
            >
            > -R.

            Oh, my. I just read as much of Pibgorn as I could, and it's
            *fabulous*! Thanks for pointing my attention that way!

            --Meredith
          • Randalt
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4, 2003
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "muirenn53" <kitsune@o...> wrote:

              > Oh, my. I just read as much of Pibgorn as I could, and it's
              > *fabulous*! Thanks for pointing my attention that way!
              >
              > --Meredith

              It'a a guilty pleasure...

              -R.
            • trondz
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 5, 2003
                >--- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Randalt" <m_randalt@y...> wrote:
                > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "muirenn53" <kitsune@o...>
                >wrote:
                > >
                > > Oh, my. I just read as much of Pibgorn as I could, and it's
                > > *fabulous*! Thanks for pointing my attention that way!
                > >
                > > --Meredith
                >
                > It'a a guilty pleasure...

                I'm glad to see that more people are noticing Pibgorn, a weird, yet
                elegant (not to mention beautifully drawn) fantasy strip.

                Altough I'm a little surprises to see that this strip is syndicated.
                With its format and its fantasy theme, you'd think the editors would
                deem it unfit for the modern-day funny pages.