Observation...

  • rlemansky
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2003
      Greetings.

      Obligatory

      Spoiler

      Space

      (When

      Can

      We

      Dispense

      With

      This?)

      'You've obviously Been Hiding From ME All These Years. WHY?'
      'You Always COULD Play To The Gallery, Klaus. BARRY Came BACK.'
      'Wonderful. More Puzzles.'

      Capitalization added for emphasis-the characters', not mine.

      Lilith's 'gallery' could refer to the kids watching from the
      rafters, or she may be refering to the General Populace of Klaus's
      Europe.

      I find the 'BARRY came BACK' very telling. What if Lilith THINKS
      that Barry went off to fight Klaus-or that Barry and Bill left to
      find Klaus (maybe with Lucrezia) and ONLY Barry came back? Barry
      COULD have been an Revenant under the Other's control and lied to
      her about what he was going to accomplish. (Barry may still be on
      Castle Wulfenbach as Dr. R., but I doubt that Dr. R is Barry, but it
      does explain the lie to Adam and Lilith and explain where he's
      been...) And, of course, Klaus doesn't have the first clue as to
      why she's mad-maybe a plot of the Other, to pit the closest
      supporters of the Heterodyne Boys (and maybe an heir) against one
      another? So he tries to detain them all separately until he can
      figure it all out.

      'The Heterodynes Saved My Family's Lands.'

      From whom, Zulenna? Rampaging Mad Boys, the Other, or perhaps
      Klaus...?

      'Designed Our Defenses. The Baron HAD To Treat Us With Respect.'

      Maybe Klaus was unable to defeat the Heterodyne Boys defenses of
      certain families, which leads to the rather eclectic selection of
      hostages he has. As in: 'I can't level your Castle, but I can
      certainly starve you out with a siege, so how's about giving me a
      hostage and I'll leave you alone.' Might explain the mix...

      I'd say the smudge on the top of the airship on Page 29 is Gil.

      Have we seen a picture of the HoomHoffers? I'm a bit fuzzy on them.

      Are the Dreen the Girls and Gorillas with the Domes on their heads
      (maybe an honage to Phil's Angel and Ape?)

      Are the Lackya squirrel men or cat men?

      Any thoughts?

    • Bill Jackson
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2003
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, rlemansky <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > 'You've obviously Been Hiding From ME All These Years. WHY?'
        > 'You Always COULD Play To The Gallery, Klaus. BARRY Came BACK.'
        > 'Wonderful. More Puzzles.'
        >
        > Capitalization added for emphasis-the characters', not mine.
        >
        > Lilith's 'gallery' could refer to the kids watching from the
        > rafters, or she may be refering to the General Populace of Klaus's
        > Europe.
        >
        > I find the 'BARRY came BACK' very telling. What if Lilith THINKS
        > that Barry went off to fight Klaus-or that Barry and Bill left to
        > find Klaus (maybe with Lucrezia) and ONLY Barry came back? Barry
        > COULD have been an Revenant under the Other's control and lied to
        > her about what he was going to accomplish. (Barry may still be on
        > Castle Wulfenbach as Dr. R., but I doubt that Dr. R is Barry, but
        it
        > does explain the lie to Adam and Lilith and explain where he's
        > been...) And, of course, Klaus doesn't have the first clue as to
        > why she's mad-maybe a plot of the Other, to pit the closest
        > supporters of the Heterodyne Boys (and maybe an heir) against one
        > another? So he tries to detain them all separately until he can
        > figure it all out.
        >
        > 'The Heterodynes Saved My Family's Lands.'
        >
        > From whom, Zulenna? Rampaging Mad Boys, the Other, or perhaps
        > Klaus...?
        >
        > 'Designed Our Defenses. The Baron HAD To Treat Us With Respect.'
        >
        > Maybe Klaus was unable to defeat the Heterodyne Boys defenses of
        > certain families, which leads to the rather eclectic selection of
        > hostages he has. As in: 'I can't level your Castle, but I can
        > certainly starve you out with a siege, so how's about giving me a
        > hostage and I'll leave you alone.' Might explain the mix...
        >
        > I'd say the smudge on the top of the airship on Page 29 is Gil.
        >
        > Have we seen a picture of the HoomHoffers? I'm a bit fuzzy on them.
        >
        > Are the Dreen the Girls and Gorillas with the Domes on their heads
        > (maybe an honage to Phil's Angel and Ape?)
        >
        > Are the Lackya squirrel men or cat men?
        >
        > Any thoughts?

        I've had some similar thoughts about the conversation between Klaus
        and Lilith (see message 4441). Each thinks something is goin on, but
        neither thinks the SAME something is goin on.
        Maybe Klaus is supposed to be either dead (well, he got better), or a
        refenant (and maybe he still got better-perhaps the way to cure a
        revenant: take them apart and put them back together minus the slaver
        wasp). We'll find out eventually.