Re: [Girl Genius] Zeetha decloaked?

  • Janet Anderson
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 2, 2007
      >Gil's already had to shoot a "nurse" who tried to poison Klaus in his
      >sleep; he's not going to leave his father's bedside until he's found
      >guards for him who are absolutely trustworthy. Which may be a tall
      >order, since Dr. Sun thought his staff were trustworthy ...

      Dr. Sun's staff probably is trustworthy. Remember, he said to Gil, "She's
      not one of ours." Which suggests to me that he knows his staff by sight
      (possible) and that he hand-picked the ones who look after Klaus (likely).

      The real problem will be if (when) one of his hand-picked staff gets
      slaver-wasped.

      Janet Anderson

      * * * * * * * * * * * * *
      The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.
      Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

    • rja_carnegie
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 2, 2007
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Biddle" <brian.biddle@...>
        wrote:
        > I wonder how long it will take them to rebuild
        > Airman Higgs?

        I'm backing him for Heir... genuine or faked.
        Why else did he get so much page time? What
        were they talking about immediately after
        Higgs's story? Missing Heterodyne /son!/
      • Erin C.
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 2, 2007
          Michael Brazier wrote:

          > Gil's already had to shoot a "nurse" who tried to poison Klaus in his
          > sleep; he's not going to leave his father's bedside until he's found
          > guards for him who are absolutely trustworthy.

          That's what I meant when I said he was "busy". :) I don't think he'll
          trust anyone but himself at this point.
          > Depends on what Gil does while Klaus is asleep. Nothing on Earth could
          > keep Agatha out of Castle Heterodyne at this point, since even those
          > Mechanicsburgers who aren't convinced she's the real Heir will back her
          > against Zola and _her_ backers. And once Klaus hears about Zola he'll
          > probably see the duelling claimants weren't a problem Gil could have
          > stopped.

          I wouldn't rule out a plot twist that keeps Agatha from claiming the
          castle, but at this point it looks like she'll end up with the castle
          *and* a significant part of Klaus' army *and* a town full of worshipful
          followers. No matter what happens, it will probably be messy. I feel
          for Gil, but I'm not convinced that the Baron will be so understanding.
          "Everything is a test" right? A bunch of people helping Agatha build
          the best espresso maker ever right under his nose? There's a watchtower
          right outside of town (currently inhabited by Agatha's servants..oops)
          and he doesn't hear about a giant pink blimp until he looks out the
          window to see it floating over the town square? And incidentally,
          Heterodyne loyalists are running the town (maybe he gets a pass on that
          one since it happened on Klaus' watch). Poor Gil. It's already going
          to take some fancy footwork to salvage the situation to the Baron's
          liking, I hate to see what a few more pages of plot twists will do. :)

          I think it will be quite hard to convince him that Lucrezia is
          neutralized as well. I wouldn't trust something breakable to hold down
          that woman. He's going to wake up *pissed* and stay that way.

          ern
        • Bob
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 2, 2007
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Erin C." <sonyadora@...> wrote:

            > I think it will be quite hard to convince him that Lucrezia is
            > neutralized as well. I wouldn't trust something breakable to hold
            down
            > that woman. He's going to wake up *pissed* and stay that way.
            >
            > ern

            What I'm worried about is what the Spark Wasp is doing to Klaus while
            he is unconcious. He seemed strong enough to defeat it but what if he's
            weak when he wakes up and falls under it's influence?

            Even if he's himself he won't have much trust for Agatha (if any) after
            everything that's happened.

            ~Bob Hu
          • Erin C.
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 3, 2007
              Bob wrote:

              > What I'm worried about is what the Spark Wasp is doing to Klaus while
              > he is unconcious. He seemed strong enough to defeat it but what if he's
              > weak when he wakes up and falls under it's influence?

              I was assuming that he'll be a "sleeper revenent" like the ones in
              Sturmhalten, perfectly normal until he receives a command from Lucrezia
              or Agatha. Probably not wise to assume anything in GG. Even if it can
              be explained to him that Agatha is possessed, but Luc is currently under
              control, I imagine that he's not going to like the idea that he has to
              obey Agatha's commands any better, even if she doesn't know that.

              ern

              --
              "Don't talk to me about other worlds, seperate realities, lost continents, or invisible realms - I know where I belong. Heaven is home. Utopia is here. Nirvana is now."
              ~Edward Abbey
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 4, 2007
                --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Bob" <forgot_dot@...> wrote:
                > What I'm worried about is what the Spark Wasp is doing to Klaus while
                > he is unconcious.
                > ~Bob Hu

                Wouldn't it be funny if Agatha visited him in his hospital bed,
                said "Get well soon," and he did?

                -Steve
              • Corgi
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 5, 2007
                  --- "Steven Rewa" <rewastev@...> wrote:

                  > Wouldn't it be funny if Agatha visited him in his hospital bed,
                  > said "Get well soon," and he did?

                  [!!!] That's not /half/ brilliant!

                  (Not real plot-friendly, alas, but rooting for characters is
                  irrelevant to that.)

                  Corgi, KDLishly